This No Bake Mini Cheesecake recipe is the perfect dessert to serve at parties, potlucks, or at home for the family. Each mini cheesecake cup has the same rich and creamy texture and buttery cookie crust as a traditional cheesecake but without all of the baking.
If you're in need of a simple yet impressive dessert, look no further. This mini no bake cheesecake recipe is a crowd-pleaser and requires minimal effort. Whether you're hosting a party or just craving something sweet, these delightful treats are easy to make and even easier to enjoy. With a few basic ingredients and a little bit of time, you can create these delectable mini cheesecakes that are perfect for any occasion.
No Bake Mini Cheesecake Recipe
These adorable little No Bake Mini Cheesecakes with vanilla wafers are such a quick and easy sweet treat that can be made without ever turning on the stove. They are luscious, creamy and ultra rich like a cheesecake should be, with a sweet and crunchy Nilla Wafer Crust, graham cracker crust, or an easy oreo crust that basically melts in your mouth.
If you want to make these extra mini, you can also build them in muffin pans using cupcake liners. As long as they have had enough time to set up in the fridge (at least an hour or two), they will peel away from the liners.
We topped this version with strawberries and blueberries to give it a red, white and blue patriotic theme for the upcoming Fourth of July holiday. But, there is really no limit to what you can choose to top these little beauties with. We’ve given you loads of ideas below, or try something else and let us know what worked!
Mini No Bake Cheesecake Ingredients
- Butter - this should be melted but not hot.
- Nilla Wafers - if you don't have a food processor, an easy way to crush these is to put them into a ziplock bag and press a rolling pin over them until they are small and even crumbs. You can also substitute graham cracker crumbs or crushed Oreos.
- Sugar - regular white granulated sugar.
- Cinnamon - adding ground cinnamon is completely optional, but tastes great.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - be sure that your cream is nice and cold before whipping.
- Cream Cheese - it is crucial that this be soft, room temperature cream cheese. If it isn’t soft enough when you go to make it, you can transfer to a microwave-safe container and warm up 10 seconds at a time until soft but not melted.
- Powdered Sugar - it’s always a good idea to sift your powdered sugar.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract tastes best.
- Fruit for topping: to make these red, white and blue we used blueberries and strawberries, but really any kind of fruit will taste great here.
How to Make No Bake Mini Cheesecake with Vanilla Wafers
- Make the crust. Place 10 clear 8 ounce cups on a baking sheet and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, Nilla Wafer crumbs, sugar and cinnamon and mix well, then spoon about 3 tablespoons into the bottom of each cup. Press lightly and evenly to form the crust and set aside.
- Whip cream. In a large bowl, whisk the cold heavy cream until soft peaks form, then set aside.
- Mix the cheesecake filling together. Place the room temperature cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (or bowl with the beater attachment of a hand mixer) and beat the cream cheese using the paddle attachment until fluffy. Once the cream cheese is fluffy, add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix again until fluffy. Lightly fold in the whipped cream in a few additions using a rubber spatula, mixing just until the cheesecake mixture is evenly combined.
- Build cheesecakes. Add the cheesecake mixture to a piping bag and pipe an equal amount into the prepared cups. Top each mini cheesecake with blueberries and strawberries (or any other fruit that you want).
- Refrigerate and serve. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days, until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Toppings for Mini Cheesecake Cups
We love making mini cheesecakes around the Fourth of July, so we will often make them with blueberries and strawberries for a red, white and blue theme. However, these taste amazing with a whole variety of other toppings. Here are some other ideas:
- Lemon Curd and fresh berries.
- Sugared Cranberries or Cranberry Orange Sauce during the holidays.
- Chocolate Ganache set over the top, garnished with fresh raspberries.
- Fresh fruit, such as fresh kiwi, mango, pineapple or peaches.
- Grilled fruit, such as pineapples or peaches.
- Macerated Strawberries- So quick and easy!
Yes, you can use low-fat cream cheese for this recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different from using regular cream cheese.
Absolutely! You can use crushed Oreos, gingersnaps, or even vanilla wafer crumbs as a delicious alternative to graham cracker crumbs for the crust of the mini no bake cheesecakes.
You can make these mini no bake cheesecakes up to 2 days in advance. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
Definitely! Feel free to get creative with toppings. Fresh berries, fruit compote, chocolate shavings, or caramel sauce are all wonderful options to add a pop of flavor and color to your mini no bake cheesecakes.
Yes, you can freeze the mini no bake cheesecakes. Just be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.
Recipe Variations for Mini Cheesecake
It’s super easy to add a little extra flavor to the cheesecake filling if you want something other than plain cream cheese. These are all super yummy additions to mix into the base:
- Peanut Butter (add ½ cup)
- Nutella (add ½ cup)
- Chocolate (add about 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and use Oreos for the crust)
- Key Lime (add 1 tablespoon of key lime juice and 2 teaspoons lime zest)
- Lemon (add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of lemon zest)
- Fruit Preserves (add ¼ cup)
Storing and Make Ahead Instructions
- Make-Ahead: these No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and stored in the fridge. If you choose to do this, we recommend topping with the fruit just before serving.
- Refrigerator: To store any leftovers, cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: if you want to freeze mini cheesecakes, be sure and wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. They can be held frozen for up to 1 month this way, then thawed out in the fridge overnight before topping and serving.
No Bake Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
Nilla Wafer Crust
- 6 tablespoon Butter melted
- 1 ½ Cup Nilla Wafer Crumbs can substitute graham crackers or Oreos
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- Pinch Cinnamon optional
- 1 ¼ Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 1 quart Strawberries quartered
- Place 10 clear 8 ounce cups on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, Nilla Wafer crumbs, sugar and cinnamon and mix well, then spoon about 3 tablespoons into the bottom of each cup. Press lightly and evenly to form the crust and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cold heavy cream until soft peaks form, then set aside.
- Place the room temperature cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (or bowl with the beater attachment of a hand mixer) and beat cream cheese using the paddle attachment until fluffy.
- Once the cream cheese is fluffy, add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix again until fluffy.
- Lightly fold in the whipped cream in a few additions using a rubber spatula, mixing just until the cheesecake mixture is evenly combined.
- Add the cheesecake mixture to a piping bag and pipe an equal amount into the prepared cups.
- Top each mini cheesecake with blueberries and strawberries (or any other fruit that you want) and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until ready to serve. Enjoy!
More Easy No Bake Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Rice Krispies Treats
- Mini No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Chocolate Oreo Parfaits
- Soft and Chewy Scotcharoo Bars
- Peanut Butter Bars
- Berry Trifle Recipe
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- More Dessert Recipes
- More No Bake Desserts
These No Bake Mini Cheesecakes with Nilla Wafers are ultra rich and creamy with a sweet and crunchy Nilla Wafer base that basically melts in your mouth. They make a super quick and easy sweet treat that can be finished without ever even turning on the stove.