This Easy Homemade Salsa recipe is restaurant quality. It is quick, easy, and delicious any time of year. I will show you step-by-step on how to make the best fresh salsa your family is going to love!
Fresh Garden Salsa Recipe Video Tutorial
Fresh and Easy Homemade Salsa Recipe
This Homemade Salsa recipe is easy and can be enjoyed any time of year. I used fresh tomatoes in this fresh salsa recipe but if tomatoes aren't in season, you can substitute the fresh tomatoes for another can of diced tomatoes and it'll turn out great too.
If you like your salsa to be pretty chunky and you enjoy those bigger pieces of chopped onion and tomato, you can chop your ingredients. This salsa recipe also works great just tossing the ingredients into a food processor.
I cut them up enough to toss in there and let the food processor do the rest of the work. So easy.
One of our favorite ways to enjoy this recipe is with our other copycat chipotle recipes. They are perfect made separately or enjoyed all together in a stuffed burrito.
Other Amazing Chipotle Inspired Recipes
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Homemade Guacamole
- Refried Black Beans or Copycat Chipotle Black Beans
- Spanish Rice would be amazing too.
- Cheddar Queso
- Pepper Jack Queso
- Salsa Ranch
- Corn Salsa
- Chipotle Chicken Burritos
- Pico De Gallo
- Ranch Dressing
You can have this recipe made in 5 minutes. It takes no time at all. All you need to do is open a few cans, chop a few veggies and throw in a few spices. It's as simple as that.
Tips for How to Make Easy Salsa At Home
- Use a mixture of fresh tomatoes and canned tomatoes
- If fresh tomatoes aren't in season, you can substitute the fresh tomatoes for another can of diced tomatoes
- White onion works best in this recipe.
- Use a food processor to chop your onion and garlic. Pulse the onion and garlic until minced and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep this in a covered container in the fridge. It will last a few days.
- It actually tastes better the second day.
Easy Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce (7oz)
- 1 Can Green Chilies (4 oz)
- 1 small Jalapeno (seeded)
- ⅓ Bunch Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- In a food processor, add the onion and garlic. Pulse until minced. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse again until there aren't any big chunks.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days. Eat with chips or fresh veggies. Enjoy!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Cranberry Salsa
- Veggie Tray
- Veggie Cups
- Toasted Ravioli
- Fruit Tray
- Italian Kabobos
- Easy Appetizers
- More Appetizers
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This authentic Mexican salsa recipe is restaurant quality. It is quick, easy, and delicious any time of year. I will show you step-by-step how to make the best types of salsa your family is going to love!