These Italian Mini Kebabs are quick and easy no bake appetizers perfect for all sorts of occasions. They only take a matter of minutes to throw together, but look elegant and taste amazing.
Easy Italian Appetizers
These super simple mini antipasto skewers are the perfect appetizer to bring to bridal showers, potlucks or even backyard BBQs. You can throw together a couple dozen in under 20 minutes and be out the door. Or, you can prep them ahead of time, store in the fridge and pull them out the next day. Easy peasy!
They taste like little fresh antipasto sandwiches and can be adjusted to fit what you like and what you happen to have on hand. The ingredients in the mini appetizers recipe below are our suggestions, but we’ve also given you plenty of other variation and substitution ideas to get you started. You could even make a variety of different Italian Mini Kabobs if you wanted. Let us know your favorite combo in the comments!
Ingredients in Kebab Mini Appetizers
- Baguette - slice the baguette into ¼” - ⅓” slices. You can do this ahead of time and store in plastic until you are ready to use.
- Cream Cheese - it will be easier to spread if it is at room temperature. If you’d like to season it, transfer to a small bowl and add in salt, pepper and/or Italian seasoning before spreading a thin layer onto each baguette slice.
- Salami - if you can find salami that is already about 2” in diameter, you can get away with simply slicing thin. Otherwise, you’ll want to either cut each slice into quarters, roll it or fold it.
- Cheese - it’s nice to use two different types of cheese, but that is really up to you. Some of our favorites include Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack and cheddar. You could also use mini mozzarella balls, sliced mozzarella, gouda or really any of your favorite types of cheese! We slice ours to about ¼” and cut into squares that will fit onto the baguette.
- Pepperoncini - this adds a nice zip to the kabobs!
How to Make Italian Mini Kabobs Appetizers
- Prep. Cut and slice all of your ingredients so they are ready to go and you can build.
- Build. Spread room temperature cream cheese in a thin layer over a baguette slice. Top with a slice of salami, 2 slices of cheese and a piece of pepperoncini.
- Skewer. Skewer with a toothpick, and set on a serving platter or baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the baguette slices.
- Serve. Once you have finished building all of your mini kabobs, either serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Enjoy!
Variations and Substitutions
There are so many other delicious Italian ingredients that you can add to your Italian Mini Kabobs besides those listed in this recipe.
- You can change up the meat (try pepperoni, prosciutto, sopressata or speck ham) and cheese (mini mozzarella balls taste great).
- Add artichoke hearts, olives, cherry tomatoes or fresh basil.
- Season the cream cheese with Italian seasoning.
- Make gluten-free and skip the baguette. Instead, just add extra slices of meat, cheese or other yummy ingredients.
Your Italian Mini Kabobs can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. It's best to either transfer to an airtight container, if you have one large enough, or else cover lightly with plastic wrap.
Italian Mini Kabob Recipe
- 1 large Baguette cut into ¼" slices
- 4 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- ½ lb Salami about 2" wide, either round, rolled or folded
- 1 lb Pepper Jack, Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese sliced and cut into 1 ½"-2" squares
- 2 oz Pepperoncini sliced thin
- Spread room temperature cream cheese in a thin layer over a baguette slice. Top with a slice of salami, 2 slices of cheese and a piece of pepperoncini.
- Skewer with a toothpick, and set on a serving platter or baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the baguette slices.
- Once you have finished building all of your mini kabobs, either serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Enjoy!
More Easy No Bake Appetizers
- Wedge Salad Kabobs
- Mini Charcuterie Cups
- Easy Bruschetta with Fresh Tomato and Basil
- Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Ball
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Lemon Cheesecake Fruit Dip
Here are some other hot and cold kabob recipes that we love!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These super simple Italian Mini Kabobs are the perfect make ahead Italian appetizers to bring to bridal showers, potlucks or even backyard BBQs. They only take a matter of minutes to throw together, but look great and taste even better.