This copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe, or just lime rice if you're not a fan of cilantro, is a perfect side dish to your taco Tuesday! It's perfect in a salad, burrito or, of course, tacos!! This homemade lime rice recipe is so delicious!
What to Serve with Cilantro Lime Rice recipe
There are so many delicious variations, however, some of the favorites at our house are burrito bowls, as a side to protein, and even in a salad.
Here are some other recipes that would work really well with lime rice.
Mexican Side Dish
If you've ever wondered how to make this cilantro rice recipe, now is the time. This recipe is so easy and only takes a handful of ingredients.
This lime rice recipe can be made with or without cilantro. I love cilantro but if someone at your house doesn't care for it, leave it out. There's so much flavor in this lime rice recipe!!
Tips for making this Rice Recipe:
- It's not difficult to cook this on a stovetop, in a rice cooker or in an insta-pot on the rice setting. Cook it the same as you would normal rice. however, a rice cooker is probably the easiest way because you can just dump the ingredients and the rice cooker does it all.
- There are several different kinds of rice you can use in this recipe. You can use your favorite rice (long grain rice, short-grain rice, jasmine, or basmati rice work great) However, I love this recipe with long grain rice.
- You can use chicken stock, water with bullion cubes, or water and chicken base. Either works great!
- This keeps really well in the fridge for several days in a covered container.
Other Amazing Chipotle Inspired Recipes
- Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
- Homemade Guacamole
- Refried Black Beans or Copycat Chipotle Black Beans
- Spanish Rice would be amazing too.
- Homemade Fresh Salsa
- Cheddar Queso
Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- 2 Cups Rice (you can use long grain, short grain, jasmine, or basmati)
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth (0r water and Chicken base)
- 1 4oz Can Green Chilies
- ½ bunched Cilantro-minced
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic-minced
- 1 large Lime-juiced
- In a rice cooker or instapot, on rice setting, add the rice, chicken broth, green chilies, butter and garlic.
- Turn on the rice cooker, or Instapot on rice setting, and cook like you would plain, normal rice.
- When the rice is finished cooking, let it sit for a couple minutes to cool and then add the juice from one lime. Fluff and stir the rice a little with a fork.
- This lime rice is perfect as a side dish to just about anything, in a burrito bowl, salad, or taco. Enjoy!
If you're looking for some other great side dishes, here are a few we love.
This easy Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe, or just lime rice if you're not a fan of cilantro, is a perfect side dish to your taco Tuesday! It's perfect in a salad, burrito or, of course, tacos!! This homemade lime rice recipe is so delicious!