This Corn Salsa is sweet, crunchy, zesty and oh-so-easy to make. Full of sweet corn, cilantro, fresh lime juice and crisp veggies, it’s the perfect summer salsa to serve with tortilla chips, or to add to tacos, burrito bowls and more.
Easy Chipotle Corn Salsa
This copycat version of Chipotle’s easy Corn Salsa is absolutely certain to become one of your new favorite 10 minute appetizers. While fresh corn tastes amazing, you can also take the quick and easy route and use frozen super sweet white corn.
Let the frozen corn sit on the counter while you prep your red onion, bell peppers, lime juice and cilantro. Toss it all together with a little seasoning and bam - easy peasy better-than-Chipotle Corn Salsa. It’s vegan, gluten free, super healthy and can be used in so many different ways. Serve with a big bowl of lime tortilla chips, or use any of our serving suggestions below.
Corn Salsa Recipe Serving Suggestions
Besides serving with a bowl of tortilla chips, here are a few other ways to serve this Corn Salad recipe:
- In tacos. Add a little Corn Salsa to your favorite chicken, steak or veggie tacos.
- On salad. This tastes great tossed into your favorite green salad. Add a little chicken and you’ve got yourself a full meal.
- In burrito bowls. For a totally tasty lunch, add this to our Copycat Chipotle Burrito Bowl.
- Over chicken. Toss a little Corn Salsa over your favorite grilled chicken breast recipe.
Ingredients in Corn Salsa
- Corn - to make it simple, I like to use frozen super sweet white corn. If you go this route, make sure you thaw and drain it before adding to the rest of the ingredients. If it’s summertime and you would rather use fresh corn on the cob or grilled corn, you’ll need about 4-5 ears of corn to make this recipe.
- Red Onion - finely chopped red onions add a sharp onion flavor and great color.
- Bell Peppers - use any combination of red, orange, yellow or green bell peppers.
- Cilantro - this adds great fresh flavor.
- Limes - fresh limes are definitely recommended. They have a much better flavor than bottled lime juice.
- Garlic Powder - this adds a little sweet garlic flavor that isn’t intense.
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make This Corn Salsa Recipe
- Thaw the corn. If using frozen corn, thaw at room temperature or in the microwave and drain.
- Mix the ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, add the corn, red onion, bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Chill or serve. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Question
When fresh corn on the cob isn’t available, I like to use frozen super sweet white corn. You can find it in bags in the freezer aisle. Thaw at room temperature and make sure to drain, then use as directed.
During the summertime, fresh corn tastes amazing. It’s especially delicious if you have grilled the corn first, but even raw corn kernels will taste great.
If you want to prep this ahead of time, you can make the salad up to 24 hours ahead of time and store it in the fridge. Before serving, give it a little mix and taste to see if you need any additional lime juice, salt or pepper.
Black beans are one of my favorite additions to this salad. They make it taste even more like Chipotle Corn Salsa and add a little extra protein. Just drain and rinse the beans before adding. Chopped jalapenos also taste great, as long as you like things spicy.
- Refrigerator: store Corn Salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Make-ahead: this can be made up to 24 hours ahead and stored in the fridge.
Corn Salsa Recipe
- 3 cups Frozen Super Sweet White Corn thawed and drained (or fresh)
- ½ large Red Onion diced
- 1 ½ medium Bell Peppers diced (red, orange or green)
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- 2 large Limes juiced
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the thawed corn, red onion, bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips. Enjoy!
More of the Best Dips and Salsa Recipes
- Pico de Gallo
- Best Guacamole
- Homemade Fresh Salsa
- Cranberry Salsa
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- BLT Dip
- 7 Layer Bean Dip
- More Appetizer Recipes
- More Tex Mex Favorites
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This quick and easy Corn Salsa is sweet, crunchy and so delicious with a bowl of lime tortilla chips. It's filled with sweet corn, lime juice, cilantro and crisp veggies.