This turkey and wild rice soup is one of the best leftover turkey recipes. If you’re wondering what to make with leftover turkey, this is the soup for you! It’s filled with wild rice, turkey, and delicious veggies.
This turkey and rice soup recipe can be made with leftover turkey or chicken. This is also a great rotisserie chicken recipe too. It can interchange the turkey for the chicken, no problem!
This turkey wild rice soup can be made in the crockpot or made on the stove in 30 minutes or less. It’s a healthy and easy turkey wild rice soup recipe.
Looking for some other delicious soup recipes?
Tips for Making Turkey or Chicken Wild Rice Soup:
- You can use cooked Turkey or cooked chicken for this recipe.
- You can use your favorite rice. I like the wild rice in this recipe because it gives the soup a nice texture. Barley would also be good. Just be sure to cook it for the amount of time listed on the package.
- You can use your favorite veggies in this recipe too. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, celery, and onions are all great options.
- This recipe also freezes great, however, when you thaw it, you may need to add a little water or chicken stock to thin it. The rice absorbs a lot of the liquid and it’s nice to have some broth too.
This turkey and wild rice soup is one of the best leftover turkey recipes. If you're wondering what to make with leftover turkey, this is the soup for you! It's filled with wild rice, turkey, and delicious veggies.
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 med Onion, chopped into small chuncks
- 3 ribs Celery (or approx 1 cup vegetables of your choice)
- 2 large Carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Turkey, cooked and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2 cups Wild Rice--just about any type will do. (be sure to cook the rice according to the time given on the package or until soft)
- 5-6 cups Chicken Broth (or 5 tsp chicken base and 5 cups water)
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat and add the chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until the onions are a light caramel color.
Add the celery, carrots, turkey, rice, and chicken broth. Stir to combine and add a lid. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook the soup for 20 minutes or until the rice is soft. Salt and pepper to taste, enjoy!
The Carefree Kitchen Socials:
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Come find me!
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/the_carefree_kitchen/
Pin this for later!!