This turkey and wild rice soup is one of the best leftover turkey recipes. If you’re wondering what to make with leftover turkey, this is the soup for you! It’s filled with wild rice, turkey, and delicious veggies.
Turkey and Rice Soup Recipe
This turkey and rice soup recipe can be made with leftover turkey or chicken. This is also a great rotisserie chicken recipe too. It can interchange the turkey for the chicken, no problem!
This turkey wild rice soup can be made in the crockpot or made on the stove in 30 minutes or less. It’s a healthy and easy turkey wild rice soup recipe.
The Best Soup Recipes
If you’re a sucker for soup, I have a few recipes I’d love to share with you. The first one is my 30-minute chili recipe. It’s so hearty and is loaded with lean beef and bonus, 30 minutes. The second one is our favorite chicken noodle soup recipe. Again only 30 minutes but is so creamy and brothy and has lots of veggies in it too.
Lasagna soup is a great main dish soup recipe and comes together quickly too. Taco Soup is a classic and this Roasted Tomato Soup is a favorite in the fall when I need to use up all those tomatoes from my garden. Yum.
Tips for Making Turkey or Chicken Wild Rice Soup:
- You can use cooked Turkey or cooked chicken for this recipe.
- You can use your favorite rice. I like the wild rice in this recipe because it gives the soup a nice texture. Barley would also be good. Just be sure to cook it for the amount of time listed on the package.
- You can use your favorite veggies in this recipe too. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, celery, and onions are all great options.
- This recipe also freezes great, however, when you thaw it, you may need to add a little water or chicken stock to thin it. The rice absorbs a lot of the liquid and it’s nice to have some broth too.
Turkey and Rice Soup
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 med Onion, chopped into small chuncks
- 3 ribs Celery (or approx 1 cup vegetables of your choice)
- 2 large Carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Turkey, cooked and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2 cups Wild Rice--just about any type will do. (be sure to cook the rice according to the time given on the package or until soft)
- 5-6 cups Chicken Broth (or 5 tsp chicken base and 5 cups water)
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat and add the chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until the onions are a light caramel color.
- Add the celery, carrots, turkey, rice, and chicken broth. Stir to combine and add a lid. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook the soup for 20 minutes or until the rice is soft. Salt and pepper to taste, enjoy!
Here are some other great Soup recipes:
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Pin this for later!!
This homemade soup made with leftover turkey and wild rice is one of the best leftover turkey soup recipes. If you’re wondering what to make with leftover turkey, this is the soup for you! It’s filled with wild rice, turkey, and delicious veggies.