This Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Streusel Topping is a must make for your holiday dinner. It’s made with fresh sweet potatoes, milk, butter and eggs to make this sweet and smooth sweet potato casserole. It also has a crunch and sweet easy streusel topping made with pecans and butter.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Streusel Topping Video Tutorial
If you love warm casseroles and dessert recipes, you've gotta try this warm Apple Crisp Recipe. It's an amazing fall dessert recipe everyone loves.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
If you're a big sweet potato fan, you're gonna love this sweet potato recipe. It's just sweet enough and has a delightfully crispy pecan crumble topping recipe included. This is the perfect Thanksgiving recipe your whole family will love.
Yes, it can be made ahead of time. Just make the sweet potato portion of the recipe and put it in the fridge for a day or two, covered in plastic wrap until you need it. Remove it from the fridge and let it come to room temperature while you make the pecan crumble topping.
Sweet Potato Casserole is a southern classic. With a rich, buttery taste and crunchy topping, this sweet potato casserole recipe makes a perfect side dish or a dessert.
To reheat a sweet potato casserole, preheat oven to 300º F. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, to prevent the brown sugar pecan topping from burning, and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until warmed through3.
Ingredients in Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Streusel Topping:
- Sweet Potatoes: You can use the light-colored sweet potatoes or the orange sweet potatoes or even a mix of them. Either or both will do.
- Brown Sugar: This will give it a very rich and sweet. Brown sugar with sweet potatoes is a perfect match.
- Eggs: large eggs will do
- Butter: salted butter is great
- Milk: any will do, you can also sub for no-dairy milk.
- Butter: Salted butter works great.
Ingredients in Pecan Streusel Topping:
- Pecans: plain pecans without any seasoning or salt, it doesn't matter if they are whole or chopped, you will be chopping them anyways.
- Corn Starch: whatever you have on hand will do
- Brown Sugar: Light or dark brown sugar is great
- Butter: salted butter works great.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Streusel Topping
How to Make Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes (Baked and mashed)
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Cup Milk (can substitute coconut milk)
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
How to make Pecan Streusel Topping
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Corn Starch
- 1 Cup Pecans (chopped into small bits)
- ⅓ Cup Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut into 1" pieces and add to a large pot. Fill the pot with water, covering the potatoes. Bring to a boil and boil for 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender.
- When the sweet potatoes are finished cooking, put them back into the cooking pot. Use a potato masher and mash the sweet potatoes until they are smooth.
- Mix together the mashed sweet potatoes, ½ cup brown sugar, eggs, 4 Tbsp butter, milk, and vanilla in the pot. Stir and mash together until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into a greased 9x9 pan.
How To Make Streusel Topping
- Mix together the remaining 1 cup brown sugar, corn starch, chopped pecans, and rest of the melted butter in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the sweet potatoes mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. The streusel topping should be slightly golden brown on the top.
- Take it out of the oven and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.
More Best Thanksgiving Recipes, look no further!
- Best Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
- Crockpot Turkey Recipe
- Whole Turkey For Thanksgiving
- Best Turkey Breast
- No-Bake Cheesecake
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- More Thanksgiving Recipes
- More Holiday Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Streusel Topping is made with fresh sweet potatoes, milk, butter, and eggs to make this sweet and smooth sweet potato casserole. It also has a crunch and sweet easy streusel topping made with pecans and butter.