These No-Bake Cheesecake Bars are smooth and creamy with a buttery graham cracker crust. Finish them off with fruit, jam, caramel sauce or any of your favorite toppings.
Easy No Bake Cheesecake Bars
No matter what time of year, these No-Bake Cheesecake Bars are always a great idea. They’re a perfect easy dessert to make for a crowd because there is no oven involved and you can cut each bar as small or large as you’d like.
Depending on the season, top with fresh or macerated fruit, jams and compotes, crushed candy bars or cookies, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, whipped cream and so much more. Just think of this recipe as a blank slate that you can customize however you'd like. They’re perfect for baby showers, holiday parties, summer get togethers - you name it. And if you're in the mood for chocolate, be sure to try our Chocolate Cheesecake Bars too.
Ingredients You Need to Make No-Bake Cheesecake Bars
- Butter - you’ll need melted butter to help hold the crust together. For this recipe, you can use either salted or unsalted butter.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs - to crush the graham crackers, either pulse them in a food processor or put in a freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Sugar - we use granulated sugar for the crust. For a slightly different flavor, brown sugar could be used instead.
- Cream Cheese - make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so it mixes well with the rest of the cheesecake filling. If you forget to pull it out ahead of time, you can warm it in the microwave for about 10 seconds at a time just until soft.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - this really helps to lighten the cheesecake bars. Be sure your cream is cold before you try and whip it.
- Sour Cream - this adds a great tangy flavor and keeps the filling extra creamy. You can use either full fat or lite.
- Powdered Sugar - we like to use powdered sugar for the filling because it gives it sweetness without any grit.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract tastes the best.
How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake Bars
- Make the crust. In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix well until none of the mixture looks dry. Press the mixture firmly into a 9" by 13" baking pan, then place in the freezer for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Whip the cream. Pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer (or mixing bowl with an electric mixer) and whip until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake filling. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese using the paddle attachment until soft and fluffy, or about 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and mix on low until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy. Once the mixture is fluffy again, gently fold in the sour cream and whipped cream using a rubber spatula.
- Spread filling over the crust. Pour the cheesecake mixture evenly over the prepared graham cracker crust and gently spread using an offset spatula.
- Chill. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using a sharp knife to cut into individual servings. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Your cheesecake bars should last up to 4 days as long as they are covered and stored in the refrigerator.
The first culprit might be measuring incorrectly. If you are certain that you measured everything right, another reason could be that your ingredients were too warm when you mixed them. If your whipped cream didn’t whip enough, or if your cream cheese melted instead of softened, you may find yourself with soggy cheesecake bars.
We recommend a minimum of 2 hours in order to let the filling firm up completely.
Yes! The best way to freeze them is to toss in the freezer for about 30 minutes - 1 hour, or until the filling is firmed up, then cover carefully with plastic wrap and foil and store frozen for up to 2 months.
- Refrigerator: your cheesecake bars should be lightly wrapped in plastic wrap, or covered with a lid if you had one, and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: if you plan to freeze them, let them firm up in the freezer for about 30 minutes, then remove and cover with plastic wrap or foil. Return to the freezer and store for up to 2 months.
Recipe: No-Bake Cheesecake Bars
Graham Cracker Crust
- ½ cup Butter melted
- 18 regular Graham Crackers crushed, or about 9.5 oz
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 16 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream whipped
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 1 ¼ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix well until none of the mixture looks dry.
- Press the mixture firmly into a 9" by 13" baking pan, then place in the freezer for at least 1 hour to firm up*.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer (or mixing bowl with an electric mixer) and whip until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese using the paddle attachment until soft and fluffy, or about 2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and mix on low until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy.
- Once the mixture is fluffy again, gently fold in the sour cream and whipped cream using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture evenly over the prepared graham cracker crust and gently spread using an offset spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into individual servings. Enjoy!
More Easy and Delicious No-Bake Desserts
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake
- Lemon Raspberry Parfait
- Chocolate Oreo Parfait
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- Buckeye Dip
- Berry Trifle with Pound Cake
- No-Bake Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- More No-Bake Desserts
- More of the Best No-Bake Cookies
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These No-Bake Cheesecake Bars are rich, creamy and perfect for a crowd of any size. Top with any of your favorite fruits, jams, cookies, chocolate sauce and more.