This baked Feta Pasta dish is garlicky, cheesy, full of oven-roasted cherry tomatoes with basil, and could not be more simple to make. Our version of this TikTok famous pasta with feta cheese uses tortellini pasta, but you can feel free to use whatever pasta you have on hand.
Feta Pasta Video Tutorial
If you enjoyed watching this video on How To Make Viral Feta Pasta Bake, be sure to subscribe to our Youtube Channel (Be sure to tap the "Bell" too so you can be the first to know when we post a new video)
Viral Baked Feta Pasta
Perhaps you have heard of this viral baked Feta Pasta that became TikTok famous recently. A Finnish blogger dreamed up the idea and it became so beloved in Europe that Feta cheese was actually difficult to come by for a while!
The smell of feta cheese, garlic, and cherry tomatoes baking in the oven are something dreams are made of. It’s not hard to see how this pasta dish became so popular. But while there are many things to love about this Feta Pasta, our favorite is just how quick and easy it is to make.
You can feel free to add all sorts of different meats, veggies, herbs, and spices to the dish but we suggest making it as is first and then adapting however you would like after that. Trust us, you will be making this all.the.time.
Ingredients for Feta Pasta
- Cherry Tomatoes - choose fresh cherry tomatoes that are nice and firm.
- Olive Oil - you could also substitute avocado oil if you would like.
- Garlic - we use whole cloves of garlic and toss in as-is, or smash them before adding.
- Basil - you want to use fresh basil, not dried.
- Salt and Pepper
- Feta Cheese - the best is full-fat feta blocks, but you can use crumbles if that’s all that you have. You just need to be sure and press them together in the center to bake.
- Tortellini Pasta - this is a fun pasta to use, however just about any type of pasta will work in this recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese - you want fresh grated Parmesan to be added just before serving.
How to Make Feta Pasta
- Prepare the tomatoes and feta. In a 9" square baking dish, add the whole cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves, basil, salt and pepper and toss. Place the block of feta into the center of the tomato mixture and drizzle the tomato mixture and the top of the feta with olive oil.
- Bake. Bake in your preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the tomatoes have burst and the feta is golden on top.
- Cook pasta. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the tortellini pasta according to package instructions.
- Mix. Once cooked, drain the pasta water reserving about ½ cup. Add the cooked pasta to the baked tomatoes and feta and stir until completely combined. If it looks a little dry, stir in the reserved pasta water.
- Serve. Garnish with more fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese before serving. Enjoy!
- Add meat. Cook your favorite protein (or reheat leftovers!) and add it into the pasta mix at the end. We’re thinking chicken, Italian sausage and shrimp would all taste amazing!
- Add spinach. Baby spinach can be mixed in after the pasta so that it wilts slightly but still have a little bit of fresh bite to it.
- Add cooked veggies. Other cooked veggies such as broccoli, mushrooms, red bell peppers, and zucchini would be great.
- Make it spicy! If spicy is your thing, add plenty of red pepper flakes.
- Add more herbs and spices. This recipe just uses basil, salt, and pepper but you could add all sorts of different herbs and spices to adjust the flavor profile. Dried or fresh thyme, chives, oregano would all be great, as would a touch of cumin or paprika.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Type of Pasta to Use?
Besides tortellini, we have tried using penne, macaroni, campanelle, fusillini, and bowtie pasta which have all worked great.
Can I Use Another Type of Cheese?
This would probably also be delicious if you used either goat cheese or even full-fat ricotta. Just be aware that you will need to experiment with your baking times if you try one of these cheeses.
How Long Will Feta Pasta Last?
As long as it is stored in an airtight container in the fridge, your Feta Pasta should be good for up to 3 days. You can reheat either in the microwave or on a pot on the stovetop. We suggest adding a touch of water to rehydrate when you reheat.
Feta Pasta Recipe
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic smashed
- 12 leaves Basil sliced
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 8 ounce Feta Cheese Block or crumbles
- 15-20 ounces Tortellini Pasta
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese grated, to add before serving
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a 9" square baking dish, add the cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves, basil, salt and pepper and toss. Place the block of feta into the center of the tomato mixture and drizzle the tomato mixture and the top of the feta with olive oil.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the tomatoes have burst and the feta is golden on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the tortellini pasta according to package instructions.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta water reserving about ½ cup. Add the cooked pasta to the baked tomatoes and feta and stir until completely combined. If it looks a little dry, stir in the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with more fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese before serving. Enjoy!
Here are some more of our favorite pasta recipes!
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Sun Dried Tomato Penne Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
- Homemade Mac and Cheese Stovetop
- Easy Baked Ziti
- Homemade Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Pasta Bake
- Meatball Pasta Bake
- Creamy Pesto Pasta Salad
- 4 cheese Stuffed Pasta
- Lasagna Soup Recipe
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
There are so many things to love about this baked Feta Pasta. It's garlicky, cheesy, full of roasted cherry tomatoes and basil and is oh-so-simple to make.