This lemon and garlic Whipped Feta recipe is super creamy and so easy to make. It’s the perfect party dip that can be made at the last minute or even the day before.
Blended with the perfect combination of cream cheese and yogurt, it has the most creamy texture and vibrant flavors of fresh lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt. Whether you're serving it with pita bread, sliced baguettes, fresh veggies, or crackers, this Whipped Feta is guaranteed to vanish.
Best Whipped Feta Recipe
Whether you are looking for a last minute party appetizer or a make-ahead game day snack, this Whipped Feta recipe is the perfect solution. It’s blended with cream cheese and yogurt so that it stays super creamy, then flavored with fresh lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt.
Another reason I love this recipe is that it can be flavored in so many ways just by adding different toppings. You can go simple and just add a drizzle of olive oil, toasted pine nuts, and salt, or use any of our ideas below. Serve with pita bread, sliced baguettes, fresh veggies, or crackers and watch it disappear.
Creamy Whipped Feta Dip Ingredients
- Feta Cheese - for this recipe you will need an 8 ounce brick of feta cheese. It should be drained and crumbled before adding to the food processor. You can also use the pre-crumbled feta cheese.
- Cream Cheese - full fat cream cheese is best, but you can substitute light cream cheese. The cream cheese helps to keep the feta dip super creamy.
- Yogurt - you can use regular or Greek Yogurt. Just be sure it is plain and not sweetened. Sour cream makes a great substitute.
- Lemon Juice - fresh lemon juice has the best flavor.
- Garlic - you will need about 1 small clove of fresh garlic. It’s best if you coarsely chop it before adding to the food processor so that you don’t end up with any large chunks.
- Salt - sea salt works great, or you can use another salt like pink Himalayan salt.
Whipped Feta Topping Ideas
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toasted pine nuts
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- Lemon zest
- Fresh dill
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Whipped Feta
- Whip ingredients. In a food processor, combine the feta cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic clove, and salt. Blend on high until light and fluffy and fully whipped.
- Add the toppings. Transfer the whipped feta to a shallow bowl and make a decorative swirl with a spoon or spatula. Drizzle olive oil and add desired toppings.
- Serve. Serve with pita bread, pita chips, sliced baguette, or fresh veggies. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t have a food processor, you can try to make this recipe in a blender. Otherwise, add your ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip with the whisk attachment. It won’t get quite as creamy but will still be super delicious.
If your feta dip is a little runny, it could be because you didn’t drain the feta enough or because the yogurt you added had a higher water content. Try simply adding a bit more feta cheese or cream cheese until you reach the desired consistency.
Yes! You can make the whipped feta up to 2 days in advance and store in an airtight container in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, pull it out from the fridge at least 30 minutes in advance and add your toppings.
- Refrigerator: store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Whipped Feta Recipe
- 8 ounces Block Feta Cheese drained and crumbled
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice fresh
- 1 clove Garlic coarsely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Pistachios chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Dill chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped
- In a food processor, add the crumbled and drained feta cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic clove, and salt. Blend on high until light and fluffy and fully whipped.
- Transfer the whipped feta to a shallow bowl and make a decorative swirl with a spoon or spatula. Drizzle olive oil and add desired toppings. Serve with pita bread, sliced baguette, or fresh veggies. Enjoy!
More Easy Dip Recipes
- Olive Oil Dip for Bread
- Everything Bagel Seasoning Dip
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- Cheesy Bean Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Homemade Guacamole
- BLT Dip
- Spinach Dip Bread Ring
- More Easy Appetizers
- More Dip Recipes
This easy Whipped Feta Dip is the perfect party appetizer that takes just a few minutes to prepare. It's blended with cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, and garlic for a flavorful dip that tastes great with crackers, pita bread, veggies, and more.