This Chewy Fudge Brownie Recipe will have you ditching the boxed mix after just one bite. This homemade chewy brownies recipe is perfectly dense, full of chocolate flavor, and they literally melt in your mouth.
Best Chewy Brownie Recipe
Consider your search for the perfect brownie recipe complete. These chewy fudgy brownies are the dessert that dreams are made of! They’re rich and fudgy, uber moist and super easy to make. No mixer is required for this one bowl recipe!
For a little taste of heaven, serve slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. They also taste great chopped up and added to an ice cream sundae or topped with whipped cream and berries.
Ingredients in this Chewy Brownies Recipe
- Butter - we prefer butter in our recipe because it has more flavor than cooking oil.
- Sugar - granulated sugar helps create the thin shiny crust on the top.
- Brown Sugar - while you could just use all granulated sugar, we like to use half light brown sugar because it adds so much flavor.
- Salt - sea salt or kosher salt work great.
- Cocoa Powder - we suggest using a higher quality cocoa powder, such as Guittard.
- Eggs - it’s best if your eggs are at room temperature when you add them to the brownie batter. This way they won’t “shock” the butter when they are added, resulting in little pockets of butter that will not mix well.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract tastes best.
- Flour - all-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips - any type of chocolate chips will taste great in brownies, so pick your favorite. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, semi-sweet or even peanut butter will all taste amazing.
How to Make Chewy Fudgy Brownies
- Mix the brownie batter. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix until combined, add the eggs and vanilla and whisk. Add the flour to the butter and sugar mixture and fold in using a rubber spatula. Once it is almost completely mixed, add the chocolate chips and fold until combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Spread the brownie mixture into a greased or parchment paper-lined 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated oven for 30- 40 minutes, or until the edges of the brownies are crisp and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool and serve. Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
Your Best Chewy Fudgy Brownies FAQ's
If you want to make fudgy brownies instead of cakey brownies, you’ll need one thing: fat. The more butter and chocolate compared to the flour you use, the fudgier the brownies. Fudgy brownies also don’t include baking powder, which will cause them to be on the cakier side.
There is a fine line between a raw and an overbaked brownie. Since the baking time will vary from oven to oven, the easiest way to find out if your brownies have finished cooking is to insert a toothpick into the center. It should come out relatively clean - a little bit of batter sticking to the toothpick is fine because it will continue to cook as it cools.
When I have doubled the recipe in the past, I find it easiest to just bake in two separate 9” x 13” pans. If your oven can handle baking them both at once, you can. Otherwise, bake one right after the next.
Chewy Fudge Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 4 large Eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips or about 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix until combined, then add the eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour to the butter and sugar mixture and fold in using a rubber spatula. Once it is almost completely mixed, add in the chocolate chips and fold just until combined.
- Spread the brownie mixture into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30- 40 minutes, or until the edges of the brownies are crisp and the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
More of the Best Chewy Brownies and Bars
- Brownie Bites
- American Flag Brownies
- Double Chocolate Einkorn Brownies
- Chocolate No-Bake Cheesecake Bars
- No-Bake Cheesecake Bars
- Blackberry Crumble Bars
- More Dessert Recipes
- More Cookie Recipes
More Chocolate Desserts
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you and it helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These Chewy Fudge Brownies are rich, moist and super easy to make. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a little taste of heaven.