These Lucky Charms Cereal Bars are a fun and delicious twist on classic Rice Krispies treats. They are a quick and easy no-bake dessert that’s perfect for St Patrick’s Day.
No Bake Lucky Charms Cereal Bars
These cute No Bake Lucky Charms Bars are just as delicious as Rice Krispies Treats, only with more color and adorable marshmallow shapes. They’re perfect for kids parties around St Patrick’s Day, but they can really be made at any time of the year.
You’ll need a few simple ingredients and about 10 minutes to whip these up. Then gently pat the gooey butter, marshmallow, and cereal mixture into place while you force yourself to patiently allow them to set up. If you’re looking for other cereal bar variations, try our Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats or our Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats. And for another cute St Patty's day cookie, be sure to try our Lucky Charms Cookie Recipe.
Ingredients in Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats
- Salted Butter - I prefer to use salted butter for the little boost in flavor, but you can use unsalted it you prefer.
- Marshmallows - mini marshmallows are great to use because they melt faster. You can substitute regular marshmallows, but I recommend chopping them up a little first. No matter what, be sure to use fresh marshmallows or you’ll risk losing that chewy texture.
- Vanilla Extract - you can use vanilla extract or substitute coconut extract for a slightly different flavor.
- Lucky Charms Cereal - this is a great way to turn regular Rice Krispies Treats into a cute St Patricks Day dessert. Of course, you could substitute other brands of puffed cereal like Fruity Pebbles, Froot Loops, or Golden Grahams.
How to Make This Lucky Charms Cereal Bar Recipe
- Prepare your baking dish. Coat the inside of a 9" x 13" baking dish with butter or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows. In a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are almost all melted. Turn the heat off and add the vanilla extract. Stir.
- Add the cereal. Add the cereal and carefully mix until combined.
- Press into your baking dish. Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish. Lightly wet or spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray, then gently pat down the cereal bars.
- Cool. Allow to cool at room temperature for at least 20 minutes, or until they hold their shape.
- Cut and serve. Cut into 3" squares and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Save a handful of Lucky Charms to gently press into the tops of the bars once finished. It will make them extra pretty.
- Always use fresh marshmallows! It makes a huge difference in the overall texture.
- Try your hardest not to press down too hard on these Lucky Charms bars in the pan because the harder you press, the harder and more dense they will become once they set up.
- Rather than buttering your baking dish, you can line it with parchment paper to keep it from sticking.
- I know it’s hard, but don't try to cut these no-bake cookie bars until they are set up or they won't hold their shape and will start to fall apart.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yup! You can store them in one single sheet or as cut squares. Just make sure they are in an airtight container or freezer bags and they will store well for up to 1 month. Pull out to room temperature to thaw.
You should avoid storing these in the fridge. The moisture in the fridge will make them soggy and stale very quickly.
The most likely reason for hard cereal bars is that they were pressed too hard into the pan. This means there is less fluffiness (aka air) leaving the finished bars dense and hard. Try to press gently into the pan, just enough to make them even and make sure the Lucky Charms stick to the bars.
- Room Temperature: store in even layers separated by wax paper in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: these can be stored in freezer bags or another airtight container and frozen for up to 1 month
Lucky Charms Cereal Bars Recipe
- ¼ cup Salted Butter
- 14 oz Mini Marshmallows (or 40 large marshmallows)
- 3 cups Lucky Charms Cereal
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Coat the inside of a 9" x 13" baking dish with butter or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are almost all melted. Turn the heat off and add the vanilla extract. Stir.
- Add the cereal and carefully mix until combined.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish. Lightly wet or spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray, then gently pat down the cereal bars.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for at least 20 minutes, or until they hold their shape. Cut into 3" squares and enjoy!
More of the Best No Bake Treats Recipes
- Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats
- Rice Krispies Treats
- Nilla Wafer Pie Crust
- Jello Divinity
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Buckeye Dip
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Bars
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
- More No-Bake Desserts
- More Cookie Bar Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These soft and gooey Lucky Charms Bars are quick, easy, and delicious no bake cookie bars. They're the perfect sweet treat to serve on St Patrick's Day, or any other time of year.