This adorable and Easy Circus Animal Cookie Fudge uses just a few ingredients and can be made entirely in the microwave. So rich, creamy and full of fudgy flavor, it’s a great recipe for gifts, parties, and dessert platters during the holiday season.
Easy Microwave Chocolate Fudge
This recipe for Easy Homemade Animal Cookie Fudge is so simple. All you need is sweetened condensed milk, vanilla chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and Mother's Circus Animal Cookies. It's made in the microwave - no candy thermometer or double boiler is necessary.
But, just because it’s simple does not mean this fudge is lacking in flavor. It’s so rich and creamy, lightly sweetened squares of white chocolate that melt in your mouth. And with any number of different variations to try, you will find yourself making this all holiday season long.
Ingredients in Easy Homemade Chocolate Fudge
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - be sure you are not using evaporated milk as they are entirely different ingredients and evaporated milk will not work.
- Chocolate Chips - we suggest using white chocolate for this recipe. Don't use the dipping bark, it needs to be white chocolate chips. We also have provided a few variations that call for using different types of chocolate chips but the Ghiradelli and Guitard White Chocolate Chips with result in the best fudge. Make a few different batches and find out what you like best.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract tastes best.
How to Make Easy Homemade Chocolate Fudge
- Heat the sweetened condensed milk. In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until bubbling.
- Add the white chocolate chips and vanilla. Remove from the microwave, add in the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. If the chocolate chips aren't fully melted, heat in microwave again for 20 seconds and stir until all the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour into pan. Line a 9"x9" or 8"x8" square pan with parchment paper and pour the fudge mixture in.
- Add Animal Cookies. Cut them into smaller chunks to sprinkle on top.
- Cool. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before cutting.
- Cut into squares. To cut the fudge, fill a tall cup with hot water and place a sharp knife into warm water. Wipe the blade dry before cutting, then cut into 1" squares, wiping the blade frequently between cuts.
- Serve or store. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes - just place the sweetened condensed milk into a small sauce pot and heat over medium heat until bubbling. Be sure to stir constantly with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula so that it does not burn. Once bubbling, turn off the heat and add the chocolate chips.
Stir until completely melted, then add in the vanilla extract and transfer to your prepared pan.
Homemade Fudge lasts for quite a while, since all of the ingredients are very shelf-stable. You can store up to 5 days at room temperature, a month in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Yes! It freezes great. We suggest cutting into cubes, then freezing flat on a sheet tray for at least 30 minutes. Once chilled, transfer to an airtight container or freezer bags and store for up to 3 months.
No! It does not work - you must make this chocolate fudge with condensed milk.
- Peanut Butter Fudge - melt 2 tablespoons of peanut butter along with the chocolate chips.
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Fudge - use dark chocolate chips and make as directed, then sprinkle sea salt over the top before letting it set.
- Rocky Road White Fudge - add mini marshmallows and a handful of chopped and toasted almonds or walnuts.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge - add peppermint extract instead of vanilla extract, along with a handful of mini chocolate chips mixed in once the mixture has cooled.
- Marble Fudge - make two batches - one with semi sweet chocolate chips and one with white chocolate chips. Line a 9”x13” pan with parchment paper then add each batch in separately. Take a toothpick and swirl them together to marble, then place in the fridge to set.
- Room Temperature: store in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
- Refrigerator: store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Freezer: store frozen, either in freezer bags or an airtight container, for up to 3 months.
Animal Cookie Fudge
- 1 14-oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Circus Animal Cookies Coarsely Chopped
- Line a 9" x 9" (or 8" x 8") square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the White chocolate chips to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, Heat on high for 1 minute, then remove from the microwave and stir. Remove from the microwave and add to the bowl of chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
- If the chocolate chips aren't fully melted, heat in microwave again for 20 seconds and stir until all the chips are melted and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, stir, and pour into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped Animal Cookies on top of the fudge.
- Refrigerate until set before cutting. To cut the fudge, fill a tall cup with hot water and place a sharp knife into warm water. Wipe the blade dry before cutting, then cut into 1" squares, wiping the blade frequently between cuts.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, for the fridge for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
Here are more of our favorite holiday candy recipes:
- Best Christmas Candy Recipes
- Pretzel Toffee
- Buttery English Toffee
- Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Homemade Caramels
- Coconut Caramel Popcorn
- More Christmas Recipes
- More Dessert Recipes
- More Candy Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Easy Animal Cookie Fudge is light and creamy, so sweet, and melts in your mouth. It's a vanilla fudge recipe topped with adorable Circus Animal Cookies. Plus, all you'll need to make it are just 3 ingredients and a microwave. This homemade fudge recipe will be ready in about 10 minutes.