This BLT Dip is a creamy, simple and delicious take on the classic sandwich. It’s a perfect no-bake appetizer to make for potlucks, holiday parties or lazy weekends at home.
BLT Dip with Cream Cheese
Who doesn’t love a good BLT sandwich? There is just something about the textures and flavors that is ultra satisfying and oddly refreshing. This recipe brings together all of the bacon, lettuce and tomato goodness and turns it into a cream cheese, sour cream and ranch based dip that the whole family will enjoy.
Another thing to love about this BLT Dip recipe is that it takes all of 20 minutes to prep from start to finish, and it is guaranteed to be a hit. Serve with crostini, pita chips or even raw veggies for a super simple, crowd-pleasing snack.
Ingredients in this BLT Dip Recipe
- Cream Cheese - use room temperature cream cheese so that it will mix nicely with the sour cream. If you forget to pull your cream cheese from the fridge ahead of time, you can transfer to a microwave-safe container and heat for about 10-15 seconds at a time until it is room temperature, but not melted.
- Sour Cream - you can use either full fat or lite sour cream. You can also substitute equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise, or equal parts sour cream and Miracle Whip.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix - you can find the packets of ranch seasoning mix in the salad dressing aisle at the store. Any brand will work.
- Bacon - you can use any kind of bacon to make your homemade bacon bits.
- Romaine Lettuce - your lettuce should be washed, dried and shredded. You can also substitute iceberg lettuce if you’d like.
- Tomatoes - either dice large tomatoes, or use cherry tomatoes that are quartered or cut in half.
- Green Onions - slice and use both the white and green parts of the green onions.
How to Make BLT Cream Cheese Dip
- Mix the cream cheese mixture. In a large mixing bowl, combine room temperature cream cheese, sour cream and ranch seasoning. Mix with an electric mixer or a spatula until light and fluffy, then spread the blt cream into the bottom of a 9" x 9" (or 8" x 8") baking dish. Set aside.
- Make bacon bits. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the sliced bacon pieces. Saute bacon for 5-8 minutes, or until the bacon is sizzling and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon bits to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Add BLT toppings. Grab the baking dish with the cream cheese mixture and evenly sprinkle the shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions and cooled bacon bits.
- Serve. Serve immediately with raw veggies, sliced baguettes, pita chips or crackers. You may also store in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Added shredded cheddar cheese to the toppings.
- Use equal parts of sour cream and mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip!).
- Add diced avocados.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives and/or parsley.
- Add a little garlic powder to the cream cheese mixture if you like the flavor.
- If you want to cut down on the saturated fat, you can use lite cream cheese, lite sour cream and go easy on the bacon bits.
How to Make BLT Dip Ahead of Time
You can make BLT Dip from start to finish up to 3 hours ahead of time and store in the fridge. If you plan to make this dip any further ahead than that, you can prep everything but store the toppings separately in the fridge. That way, the lettuce won’t wilt and the diced tomatoes won’t start to seep into the cream cheese mixture.
Store up to 2 days in advance, then pull from the fridge and sprinkle your toppings evenly over the cream cheese mixture just before serving.
Easy BLT Dip Recipe
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Ranch Seasoning Mix
- ½ lb Bacon sliced into ½" pieces
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce shredded
- 1 cup Tomatoes diced (about 3 large tomatoes)
- 3 large Green Onions thinly sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine room temperature cream cheese, sour cream and ranch seasoning. Mix with an electric mixer or a spatula until light and fluffy, then spread into the bottom of a 9" x 9" (or 8" x 8") baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the sliced bacon pieces. Saute bacon for 5-8 minutes, or until the bacon is sizzling and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon bits to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Grab the baking dish with the cream cheese mixture and evenly sprinkle the shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions and cooled bacon bits.
- Serve immediately with raw veggies, sliced baguette bread or crackers. You may also store in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
More Cream Cheese Dip Recipes
- Layeed Bean Dip
- Spicy Corn Dip
- Queso Dip
- Warm Bean Dip
- Cherry Chocolate Dip
- Chocolate Chip Dip
- Buckeye Dip
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Bacon Ranch Dip
- Pepperjack Queso
- Lemon Curd
- More Dip Recipes
- More Appetizer Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This BLT Appetizer Dip is an easy no-bake recipe that's perfect for game day, potlucks, or whenever you want a simple snack.