These 4-Cheese stuffed Pasta Shells are incredibly delicious and a favorite vegetarian meal for Meatless Monday. They’re made with ricotta, cottage, parmesan and mozzarella cheese .They are the perfect dinner to take to a friend or put in the freezer for another day.
I love doubling and tripling this recipe. It’s an easy stuffed shells recipe and is perfect for taking to a friend after she has a new baby or a surgery. It’s also perfect to throw in the freezer for another day. It’s one of a few meals that tastes just as good after being frozen.
If you have some extra tomatoes from the garden or want to make this meal extra special, try this homemade marinara sauce. It is amazing and really kicks this dish up a notch.
If you’re looking for a delicious side for this recipe, check out the Garlic pull Apart Bread
It’s made with this incredible Garlic Butter.
If you’re looking for a fun and easy after dinner treat, try these Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookie.
Tips on Making these 4 Cheese stuffed Pasta Shells:
- Use a piping bag to fill the jumbo pasta shells with the 4 cheese mixture. It makes filling them so much easier and the clean up easy too.
- Cook in a disposable pan so it’s easy to freeze or take to a friend.
- If you’re freezing these 4 cheese stuffed pasta shells, cover the pan with saran wrap and then aluminum foil. The saran wrap will keep it from getting freezer burn. When it’s time to cook, remove the saran wrap but cook the stuffed shells with the foil on for 1 hour and then remove the foil for 10 minutes and cook until the cheese on top is golden brown.
- You can use all ricotta cheese in this recipe if you prefer. I like the texture of both the ricotta and cottage cheese mixture.
These 4-Cheese stuffed Pasta Shells are incredibly delicious and a favorite vegetarian meal for Meatless Monday. They're made with ricotta, cottage, parmesan and mozzarella cheese .They are the perfect dinner to take to a friend or put in the freezer for another day.
- 1 package Jumbo 12 oz. Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Parsely, dried
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 Cups Marinara Sauce (homemade or jarred is great)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook the pasta according to package directions. (Be sure the pasta is not overcooked. You want it to be barely underdone. It will cook the rest of the way in the pasta sauce)
In a larg bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, half of the parmesan, and half of the mozzarella cheese. Stir until combined. Stir in the eggs, parsely, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
In a 9 by 13": baking dish, spread 1/2 Cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom.
Use a pipping bag, (picture in the post) to fill the jumbo pasta shells.
Place the jumbo shells in the baking dish. Cover with remaining marinara sauce and the remaining parmesan and mozzerella cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min-1 hour. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes and bake until the cheese is golden.
Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enojoy!
or these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate cookies!
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Come find me!
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/the_carefree_kitchen/