This old-fashioned baked Pumpkin Rice Pudding uses leftover cooked rice for a quick and easy fall treat. It’s creamy, delicious and tastes amazing served warm with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Baked Pumpkin Rice Pudding
This warm and cozy Pumpkin Rice Pudding recipe is the epitome of a fall dessert. It’s flavored with a trio of fall spices, is best served warm and features pumpkin as a main ingredient.
Since this is a rice pudding recipe with leftover rice, it also cuts the amount of time and effort required down to just about nothing. All you need to do is mix together the rice, milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs and spices, then pour into a baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
In the meantime, get cozy, grab a good book and be prepared to enjoy one of the simplest and tastiest desserts of the season.
Pumpkin Rice Pudding Recipe Ingredients
- Rice - you can use any kind of cooked white rice for this recipe. Leftover rice works great! I usually use a long grain white rice, but arborio also tastes great.
- Milk - whole milk is best, but 2% would work. Coconut milk makes another tasty substitute.
- Pumpkin Puree - if you use canned pumpkin make sure you buy pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The latter has added spices and sugar. You can also make your own pumpkin puree if you want.
- Sugar - this recipe calls for white granulated sugar, but light brown sugar would taste great.
- Spices - I like to use a combination of cinnamon, ginger and cloves. You could also use an equal amount of pumpkin pie spice.
- Salt - sea salt works great.
- Eggs - any kind of large eggs will work.
- Vanilla - pure vanilla extract tastes best.
How to Make Pumpkin Rice Pudding With Cooked Rice
- Combine the ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cooked rice, milk, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour into baking dish. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray then pour in the rice mixture.
- Bake. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set in the center and golden brown on top.
- Serve. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Since this is an easy rice pudding with cooked rice, you have a bit more flexibility than you would with a stove top version. I like to use long grain white rice, or arborio for Pumpkin Rice Pudding. This is also a great recipe to make using leftover rice.
Yes! To freeze leftover rice pudding, place in an airtight container and store for up to 2 months. You can thaw overnight in the fridge, then either serve cold or reheat in the microwave.
No. This particular recipe is a quick baked rice pudding recipe with cooked rice and is not meant to be made using uncooked rice.
If you want to try to make microwave rice pudding, portion into individual ceramic mugs or other microwave safe vessels. Cook on high for at least 3 minutes, or until set.
Storing and Reheating Rice Pudding
- Refrigerator: store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 months. The easiest way to thaw is to transfer to the fridge overnight.
- To reheat: you can reheat in the microwave, or in a 325 degree oven until warmed through.
Pumpkin Rice Pudding Recipe
- 3 cups Rice cooked
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 15-oz can Pumpkin Puree
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cooked rice, milk, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, eggs, and vanilla. Pour the rice mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set in the center and golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!
More of The Best Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Muffins
- More Fall Recipes
- More Winter Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
If you love rice pudding, this baked Pumpkin Rice Pudding recipe is the one for you. It's an easy and delicious baked rice pudding recipe that your whole family will love.