This Garlic Pull Apart Bread is easy to make and fun to eat. It has big chunks of flakey, buttery garlic bread, it’s chewy on the inside and crusty perfection on the outside.
- You can make the dough up to a day ahead. (I feel like dough will have more flavor if it has 12-24 hours to sit before baking)
- You can use Garlic butter or just butter with garlic salt.
- You can do an egg wash or a milk wash before baking. Egg wash will give it that crusty outside that is so delicious
- you can easily cut the recipe in half and bake in a bread pan if you’re giving it away or want a smaller portion.
- This garlic pull apart bread is delicious served hot or cold.
... big chunks of flakey, buttery, garlic bread, chewy on the inside and crusty perfection on the outside.
- 2.5 Cup Warm Water
- 4 tsp Yeast
- 2 T Sugar
- 6.5-7 Cups Flour (All Purpose)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Garlic butter
- 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbls Milk
In a large measuring cup pr bowl, mix warm water, sugar, and yeast. Mix and then let sit till frothy.
In a mixer, combine half of the flour and the salt. Slowly add the frothy yeast mixture. mix well. Slowly add the remaining flour a half cup at a time.
You'll know when you've added enough flour when the sticky dough comes away from the sides of the mixing bowl. It should be about 6.5-7 cups of flour.
Roll onto a lightly floured counter top. the dough should be about a half inch think.
Spread garlic butter over the entire dough and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the butter. Cut into 3" squares and stack in a baking dish.
Mix the egg and milk together. Use a brush to wash the egg mixture over the bread. Let the bread rise for 10-15 Minutes.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or till golden brown.
Serve with your favorite Pasta dish, enjoy!