This Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe is a soup recipe your family will love. This one-pot lazy lasagna soup is the ultimate comfort food. It's creamy, delicious, and loaded with Italian sausage, cheese, and pasta, a perfect weekday meal the entire family will love.
Easy Lasagna Soup Video Tutorial
If you enjoyed watching this video on How to Make Lasagna Soup, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel (Be sure to tap the "Bell" too so you can be the first to know when we post a new video)
Ingredients in Lazy Lasagna Soup
- Sausage and/or Beef: For this recipe, I used half hot sausage and half beef. If your crew loves spicy, go ahead and use a full pound of spicy sausage and omit the ground beef. If your crew loves a little spice and a whole lot of flavor, this cheesy lasagna soup recipe is the soup for you!
- Tomatoes: For this recipe, I used a large, 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes and a small can of tomato paste. You can use a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce if you'd like but you'll need to adjust the Italian seasonings if you decide to do that.
- Pasta: Have some fun with this one. In this recipe, I used some bowtie pasta but you can use about 8 large lasagna noodles, broken in pieces, cheese tortellini, cheese ravioli, fresh or dried, or just about any shape of pasta you like. I used about a half pound of pasta. This would also be a great recipe to use up some already cooked pasta, Just reduce the boiling time from about 10 min to 2 min after all the ingredients are added.
- Cheese: This one pot lasagna soup recipe calls for a bit of cream and some parmesan cheese. Instead of parmesan cheese, you can top this lasagna soup with some mozzarella cheese too! That would definitely be delicious!
The Best Soup Recipes
If you love a big bowl of homemade soup, here are a few recipes you need to try.
- 30-minute chili- It’s so hearty and is loaded with lean beef and bonus, 30 minutes.
- Chicken noodle soup recipe- 30 minutes and it's ready. It's creamy and brothy and has lots of veggies in it too.
- Taco Soup is a classic and comes together so easily.
- Roasted Tomato Soup is a favorite in the fall when I need to use up all those tomatoes from my garden. Yum.
- Minestrone Soup is healthy and a total crowd-pleaser.
- Potato Broccoli Soup is always a winner too.
What to serve with Lasagna Soup
- Homemade Bread Bowls
- Easy Pizza Pinwheels
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Focaccia Bread
- Garlic Twist Bread
- Garlic Bread
- Easy White Bread Recipe
- French Loaf Recipe
How to Make Homemade Lasagna Soup
- Dice onion into small and even pieces.
- Add the olive oil and onion to a large pot on medium heat. Cook while stirring occasionally until the onion is lightly golden brown. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the ground hot sausage and/or ground beef. Using a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces. Add ⅓ cup of water if needed. Cook until the meat is cooked throughout.
- Add Italian seasonings, salt and pepper, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and boil for 10 minutes or until the noodles are done "al dente" (chewy but not mushy)
- Add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese. Reduce hear and stir until the parmesan cheese is melted. Spoon into bowls and add a tablespoon of ricotta cheese and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
Lasagna soup is best if it hasn't been frozen. There is pasta in lasagna soup and it tends to get mushy if it is frozen and reheated.
- You can use beef or sausage for the meat in this recipe. We have found that a mixture of the two make the best lasagna soup.
- Add more vegetables if you want. You can add zucchini, carrots, broccoli or any of your favorite vegetables. Think minestrone soup vegetables here.
- Add a spash of cream to make this even creamier.
Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe-30 Minute Meal
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil Avocado Oil works great too
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Minced
- 1 pound hot sausage or ground beef or a mixture of the two
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- ½-1 teaspoon salt or as desired
- ½ cup Parmesean Cheese Shredded
- ½ teaspoon black peper if desired
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese to dollop on top of each serving
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on each serving
- Fresh Basil--optional for garnish
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese to add on top if desired
- 8 large Lasagna Noodles broken into pieces, you could also use any other kind of pasta noodles.
- Dice onion into small and even pieces. Add the olive oil and onion and cook in a large pot on medium heat. Cook while stirring onions and garlic until lightly golden brown. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the ground hot italian sausage and/or ground beef. Using a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces. Add ⅓ cup of water if needed. Cook until the meat is cooked throughout.
- Add the Italian seasonings, salt and pepper, crushed, or diced, tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Add the noodles. Boil for 10 minutes or until the noodles are done "al dente" (chewy but not mushy)
- Add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese. Reduce heat and stir until the parmesan cheese is melted. Laddel into bowls and add a Tablespoon of ricotta cheese and a Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
Other Great Soup Recipes
- Bean Soup
- Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Creamy Sausage and Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Spicy Turkey Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Best Tuscana Soup
- More Quick Meal Ideas
- More Soup Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe-30 Minute Meal your family will love. This one-pot lasagna soup recipe is one of the best comfort foods and is so easy to make. It's creamy, delicious, and loaded with Italian Sausage, cheese, and pasta, a perfect weekday meal.
Leave a Reply