This Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe is a soup recipe your family will love. It's creamy, delicious, and loaded with Italian sausage, cheese, and pasta, a perfect weekday meal the entire family will love.
Best Lasagna Soup Recipe
This one-pot Easy Lasagna Soup is the ultimate comfort food that also happens to be incredibly simple to make. It's filled with all of the classic lasagna ingredients like ricotta cheese, sausage, tomatoes, and noodles but served in soup form.
Unlike lasagna, there is no building up of layers necessary - just cook the ingredients in the same pot as directed, and let them simmer until the noodles are finished cooking. We've also got a delicious Homemade Lasagna Recipe if you want to go that route.
Easy Lasagna Soup Video Tutorial
If you enjoyed watching this video on How to Make Lasagna Soup, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel (Be sure to tap the "Bell" too so you can be the first to know when we post a new video)
Lasagna Soup Recipe Ingredients
- Sausage and/or Beef: For this recipe, I used half hot sausage and half beef. If your crew loves spicy, go ahead and use a full pound of spicy sausage and omit the ground beef. If your crew loves a little spice and a whole lot of flavor, this cheesy lasagna soup recipe is the soup for you!
- Tomatoes: For this recipe, I used a large, 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes and a small can of tomato paste. You can use a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce if you'd like but you'll need to adjust the Italian seasonings if you decide to do that.
- Pasta: Have some fun with this one. In this recipe, I used some bowtie pasta but you can use about 8 large lasagna noodles, broken in pieces, cheese tortellini, cheese ravioli, fresh or dried, or just about any shape of pasta you like. I used about a half pound of pasta. This would also be a great recipe to use up some already cooked pasta, Just reduce the boiling time from about 10 min to 2 min after all the ingredients are added.
- Cheese: This one pot lasagna soup recipe calls for a bit of cream and some parmesan cheese. Instead of parmesan cheese, you can top this lasagna soup with some mozzarella cheese too! That would definitely be delicious!
How to Make Lasagna Soup
- Cook the onions and garlic. Add the olive oil and onion to a large pot on medium heat. Cook while stirring occasionally until the onion is lightly golden brown. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the ground hot sausage. Using a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces, cook until the meat is no longer pink. Stir in ⅓ cup of water if needed.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, and broth. In the same pot, add the Italian seasonings, salt and pepper, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and boil. Boil for 10 minutes or until the noodles are "al dente" (chewy but not mushy).
- Finish with heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Finally add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat and stir until the parmesan cheese is melted. Spoon into bowls and add a tablespoon of ricotta cheese and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Serve. Garnish with fresh basil if desired. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Lasagna soup is best if it hasn't been frozen. There is pasta in lasagna soup and it tends to get mushy if it is frozen and reheated.
- You can use beef or sausage for the meat in this recipe. We have found that a mixture of the two make the best lasagna soup.
- Add more vegetables if you want. You can add zucchini, carrots, broccoli or any of your favorite vegetables. Think minestrone soup vegetables here.
- Add a spash of cream to make this even creamier.
Storing and Making Ahead
- Refrigerator: store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Make Ahead: you can make this soup ahead of time up until you add the noodles. Just cool slightly before storing in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you are ready to finish, add the soup to a pot and continue with the rest of the instructions.
Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil avocado oil works great too
- 1 large Onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic minced
- 1 pound Hot Sausage or ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 28-oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- ½-1 teaspoon Salt to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper if desired
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- 8 large Lasagna Noodles broken into pieces, you could also use any other kind of pasta noodles.
- ½ cup Ricotta Cheese to dollop on top of each serving
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on each serving
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese to add on top if desired
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion. Cook while stirring until lightly golden brown. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Next, add the ground hot italian sausage and/or ground beef, using a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces. Add ⅓ cup of water if needed and cook until the meat is cooked throughout.
- Add the Italian seasonings, salt and pepper, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then add the noodles and boil for about 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese. Reduce heat and stir until the parmesan cheese is melted.
- Ladle into bowls and add a tablespoon of ricotta cheese and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh basil if desired. Enjoy!
Other Great Soup Recipes
- Bean Soup
- Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Creamy Sausage and Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Spicy Turkey Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Best Tuscana Soup
- 30-minute chili
- Chicken noodle soup recipe
- Taco Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Potato Broccoli Soup
- More Quick Meal Ideas
- More Soup Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe-30 Minute Meal your family will love. This one-pot lasagna soup recipe is one of the best comfort foods and is so easy to make. It's creamy, delicious, and loaded with Italian Sausage, cheese, and pasta, a perfect weekday meal.