This easy crockpot lasagna with ravioli is such an easy dinner recipe. It takes only a few minutes to throw together and is ready when you are. This crockpot lasagna makes dinnertime a breeze and will have your family asking for seconds.
This is such an easy alternative to traditional lasagna. A delicious and hearty meat sauce layered with frozen cheese ravioli and topped with ooey, gooey cheese makes this the easiest lazy lasagna.
Whether you make it with your favorite jarred marinara or make homemade marinara, this pasta recipe will be a hit with everyone. You can serve it with a simple side salad, and these Garlic breadsticks, or cheesy breadsticks too.
Easy Crockpot Ravioli Lasagna Video Tutorial
Ingredients for Crock pot Lasagna
- Ravioli- Use frozen cheese ravioli works best.
- Cheese- Shredded Mozzarella or a pizza blend works great. We also add a little shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Ricotta Cheese Layer- You can use a combination of ricotta and small curd cottage cheese or just ricotta. Both or a mixture are a great option.
- Meat- You can use all ground beef or all spicy Italian Sausage. I prefer to use half and half (this makes the best mix for spaghetti night too. Just cook all the meat up and freeze the rest for other meals.)
- Marinara Sauce- You can make your own Marinara Sauce or just use your favorite jarred variety.
This crockpot lasagna with frozen ravioli is so easy and everyone loves it!
How to make Crockpot Lasagna
This recipe is all about the layers. To begin you need to prep for each layer and then the assembly of this easy crockpot lasagna recipe will come together in just a few minutes.
Making the Meat Sauce
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, add half of a diced onion to the pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Saute on medium heat until the onion is translucent. Add a teaspoon of minced garlic and cook until the garlic is also translucent. Add the ground beef and Italian Sausage, Use a spatula and break the meat apart while cooking. (We find that adding a few tablespoons of water will help soften the meat and will make it easier to breakup.) Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Combine the marinara sauce with the meat. Stir until combined.
Making the Cheese Layer
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- AssemblingSpray your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. This will help make cleanup a easier.
- Add a thick layer of sauce to the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add a layer of frozon ravioli on top of the sauce layer, it should be about a third of the ravioli. Try not to stack the ravioli, they can be touching but not stacked.
- Add a third of the cheese mixture onto the ravioli and spread with the back of a spoon.
- Add another layer of meat sauce and spread evenly.
- Repeat until your lasagna is assembled.
- Top with the remaining sauce and the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Slow Cooking Lasagna
- Bake your lasagna on high in the crockpot for about 4 hours, 3 hours if you're using fresh ravioli.
- The lasagna should be bubbly and brown on the edges. Top with a little fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Frozen ravioli works great. You can also use fresh ravioli. When dried ravioli is used, it ends up having a gummy or chalky flavor.
Assemble your lasagna, cover, and bake on high in the crockpot for about 4 hours, 3 hours if you're using fresh ravioli.
Tips for Cleaning your Crockpot
When you make a meal like a crockpot lasagna, sometimes the cleanup is rough.
- Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray before adding any ingredients.
- After removing the majority of the baked on food from your crockpot, Add a dryer sheet, a sqirt of liquid dishwashing liquid and hot water. Let the crockpot sit for a couple hours and you can use the dryer sheet to wipe off the crust food. It is almost like magic.
Storing and Reheating
- Make Ahead- You can assemble your lasagna ahead of time. Just assemble and then cover with the lid and store it in the fridge until needed.
- Store after Baking- Remove the lasagna from the crockpot and store in a coverd container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat- You can pop the leftovers into the microwave for about 1 minute, stir and then heat again for 30-second increments until the noodles and sauce are evenly heated.
- Use frozen or fresh ravioli- don't use dried.
- Do not thaw frozen ravioli.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown on the edges.
- Use a 6 quart Crockpot.
- Spray the inside of the Crockpot before adding ingredients.
Easy Crockpot Lasagna with Ravioli
- ½ medium onion
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ lb Hot Italian Sausage
- ½ lb Ground Beef 85/15% works good
- 2 24 ounce Jarred Marinara or your favorite
3 Cheese Mixture
- 15 ounces Ricotta Cheese Half of the ricotta can be substituted for small curd cottage cheese
- ½+ ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded (reserve ½ cup to add before baking)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley Fresh or dried is fine
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 2 pounds Ravioli Frozen is what I used but fresh works great too.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add the tablespoon of olive oil and the onion. Stir and cook on medium heat until the onion is golden brown. Add the minced garlic and continue to cook for about 2 minutes or until the garlic is translucent. Add the sausage and the beef and cook until it's no longer pink. Add the spaghetti sauce and stir until combined.
3 cheese Mixture
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
Assembling the Easy Crockpot Lasagna with Ravioli
- To assemble the lasagna you will do it in layers. First, Add about a cup of meat sauce to the bottom of the crockpot. Add a layer of ravioli. Touch the edges of the ravioli together but don't stack on top of each other. Add the cheese mixture, You should be adding about a ⅓ of the cheese mixture. and then the sauce mixture, about 1 ½ cups each time you layer.
- After you assemble the crockpot lasagna, add the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Bake on high in the crockpot for about 4 (3 hours if you're using fresh ravioli) Enjoy!
More of the Best Pasta Recipes!
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Viral Feta Pasta Recipe
- Sun Dried Tomato Penne Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
- Homemade Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Pasta Bake
- Lasagna Soup Recipe
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Tortellini Pasta Bake in a Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken
- More Slow Cooker Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Save this for later!!
This easy crockpot lasagna with ravioli is such an easy lasagna recipe. It's made right in the crockpot. It takes only a few minutes to throw together and is ready when you are. This crockpot ravioli lasagna makes dinnertime such a breeze!