This warm and cheesy Jalapeño Artichoke Dip is simple to make and a total crowd-pleaser. It’s sure to be a hit for your next game day or Super Bowl party, and can be served with any of your favorite crackers, chips or raw veggies.
Cheesy Baked Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
Our baked Jalapeño Artichoke Dip recipe is a tried and true appetizer that everyone will love. It’s made with a base of cream cheese and sour cream, and filled with artichoke hearts, jalapeños, diced green chilis and plenty of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Considering it only requires about 10 minutes of prep, it’s the perfect appetizer to throw together at the last minute knowing everyone will love it.
Depending on how spicy or mild you like your dip, you can use either canned diced jalapeños or freshly minced. Serve with sliced baguette bread, pita chips, your favorite crackers or even sliced raw veggies. You seriously can’t go wrong with a hot Jalapeño Artichoke Dip.
Jalapeno Artichoke Dip Video Tutorial
What to Serve with Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
This baked Jalapeño Artichoke Dip works well with all sorts of different dippers. Sometimes it’s fun to have a whole variety of options, and sometimes I’ll just throw out a bag of chips and call it a day!
Here are some of our favorites:
- Raw veggies (baby carrots, celery sticks, cucumbers, bell peppers)
- Tortilla chips
- Potato chips
- Sliced baguette bread
- Pita Chips
- Crackers (Triscuits, Wheat Thins or Ritz Crackers)
Ingredients in Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- Cream Cheese - make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature.
- Sour Cream - you can use either full fat or lite sour cream.
- Artichoke Hearts - canned or jarred marinated artichoke hearts or freshly baked artichoke hearts will both work great.
- Parmesan Cheese - use either grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Shredded Cheese - we usually use mozzarella, but Pepper Jack would work great, too.
- Diced Jalapeños - canned jalapeños are considerably more mild than fresh jalapeños.
- Diced Green Chilis - these add a great amount of heat and flavor.
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder - these add a nice sweet onion and garlic flavor without the chunky texture of fresh onions and garlic.
How to Make Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- Mix the ingredients. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the room temperature cream cheese and sour cream. Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until well combined. Add the chopped artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced jalapeños, diced green chilies, garlic powder and onion powder to the cream cheese mixture and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Spread into a baking dish. Spread the dip into an 8"x8", 9"x9" or 12" round baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- Cool and serve. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving with your favorite crackers, chips or veggies. Enjoy!
- This recipe works great as a make ahead appetizer. Just mix the ingredients, spread into your baking dish, cover and chill overnight.
- If you like things extra spicy, add in fresh chopped jalapeños.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that it will mix well with the other ingredients. If you forget to pull it out ahead of time, you can transfer it to a microwave-safe container and heat for about 10 seconds at a time just until softened.
- It never hurts to season with a little extra salt and pepper!
- You can also make this recipe in a food processor. Just add the cream cheese and sour cream first and pulse until smooth. Next, add the rest of the ingredients and pulse just enough to break them up. Transfer to your baking dish and top with the extra ½ cup of cheese.
Storing and Reheating
- Making ahead. To make ahead, just mix your ingredients together, spread in your baking dish, cover and store in the fridge for up to 48 hours. When you are ready to bake, simply take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature while you let the oven preheat for at least 30 minutes. Then bake as directed and enjoy!
- Refrigerator. Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheating. You can rewarm in a 325 degree oven, or even reheat small portions in the microwave.
Can I Freeze Jalapeño Artichoke Dip?
You can if you absolutely must, but it’s not recommended. Cream cheese and sour cream have a tendency to separate a bit once they have been frozen and thawed.
Jalapeño Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 12-oz can Artichoke Hearts cut into ½" pieces
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese reserve ½ cup for topping before baking
- 1 4-oz can Diced Jalapeños
- 1 4-oz can Diced Green Chilis
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the room temperature cream cheese and sour cream. Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced jalapeños, diced green chilies, garlic powder and onion powder to the cream cheese mixture and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Spread the dip into an 8"x8", 9"x9" or 12" round baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving with your favorite crackers, chips or veggies. Enjoy!
Here are some more of our favorite dip recipes!
- Cheesy Bean Dip
- Buffalo Dip
- Bacon Lettuce Tomato Dip
- Corn Dip
- Layered Bean Dip
- Pepper Jack Cheese Sauce
- Dip Recipes
- Cream Cheese Apple Dip
More of the Best Appetizers
- Best Appetizer Recipes
- Cheesy Appetizers
- Homemade Calzone
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Toasted Ravioli
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Italian Kabobs
- More Appetizers
- More Dips
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This baked Jalapeño Artichoke Dip is oh-so-good. It's the perfect game day food - easy to make and a total crowd-pleaser.