This Bake Lemon Ginger Chicken is a juicy baked chicken breast recipe. It has the best chicken marinade recipe made with ginger, soy sauce, and lemon juice. It’s perfect for boneless chicken breast or baked bone-in chicken.
Juicy Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
If you're wondering how to get the best juicy baked chicken breast recipe, a great chicken marinade will help do the trick. This Ginger Lemon Chicken Marinade is so easy to make. It’s basically just throwing a few ingredients in with your chicken and baking whenever you’re ready.
You can make this marinade 2-48 hours before you need to bake your chicken breasts. You can marinate your chicken in a glass bowl, glass baking dish or in a gallon ziplock bag.
This lemon chicken marinade also works great for baked chicken thighs. You can use this same recipe for lemon chicken marinade to make baked chicken breasts, baked chicken thighs, and chicken tenderloins. This same marinade recipe works great if you want to grill your chicken too. It’s so versatile and easy to make and bonus, it’s a healthy chicken recipe that adds loads of flavor to the chicken.
Baked Chicken Marinade Recipes
If you're looking for more baked chicken marinade recipes, be sure to check out this Lemon Chicken Marinade, Rosemary Garlic Chicken Breast, 3 citrus Chicken Marinade, and one of my most popular recipes, Simple Oven Baked Chicken Breast.
Baked Bone-In Chicken
You can definitely use all of these Chicken Marinade Recipes for Baked Bone-In Chicken too. Baked Bone-In Chicken is even more tender and juicy. The bone gives the chicken more flavor and keeps it tender too. So good!
Tips For Baking Chicken Breast
- Tenderize your chicken. It will really make a big difference when grilling your chicken. It’s really easy to do and only takes a couple of minutes. You can place the chicken between two sheets of parchment paper and whack it on the thickest part of the chicken breast with a rolling pin or mason jar You can also put it in a gallon ziplock bag and use the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Don’t over-pound your meat. A few good whacks will do the trick. Just whack on the thickest part of the breast to help even it out. Your chicken breast will cook a lot more evenly if the meat is a uniform thickness.
- Marinate your chicken. The high PH from vinegar or lemon juice helps break down the muscle fibers in the chicken and the oil will help keep it moist.
- Don’t overcook your chicken. The best way to assure you’re not overcooking your chicken is to use a digital meat thermometer. Grill the chicken only until it reaches 165 degrees.
- Cook at a lower heat for longer to keep the chicken breast tender and juicy.
- When the chicken is done, keep it in the baking dish or place it on a platter with foil over it for 5 minutes to redistribute the juices and to keep the chicken warm and juicy.
Ingredients In Baked Lemon Chicken
Avocado Oil- I like to use Avocado Oil for this chicken marinade recipe. It has a high smoking point and it doesn’t add a lot of flavors.
Lemon Juice– Good marinades call for some kind of acidic element- For this recipe, I like to use lemon juice. White vinegar would be another good option. The acidity in the marinade will help break down the muscle fibers and tenderize the chicken.
Salt-Be sure to salt the chicken breast like you would if you were grilling it.
Cayenne Pepper- This adds just a little heat to the chicken marinade. You can certainly take this out if you don’t like heat but this adds a nice little bit of warmness to the chicken marinade.
Cumin- This will add just a little bit of a smokey flavor to the chicken recipe.
Rosemary- Of course fresh is best but you can use dried if you don’t have any on hand. In that case, be sure to marinate your chicken breast at least 4 hours so the rosemary can reconstitute and you can get some of that amazing flavor.
Thyme- the perfect pairing with lemon and rosemary.
Chicken Breasts- It’s best to use chicken with the fat trimmed off. If your chicken breast if thick, follow the steps the tenderize and flatten the thickest part of the chicken breast.
Baked Lemon Ginger Chicken
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice fresh is best
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce low sodium works great too
- ½ tsp Ginger ground or you can also use ginger root, about 2" cut into ½" chunks
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 4 large Chicken Breasts (Boneless & Skinless)
- Add the lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, and pepper into a gallon ziplock bag and shake to mix.
- Add the chicken breasts to the Ziplock bag and let marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 by 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take the chicken breasts out of the marinade and place them in the sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-35 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken breasts are. When the chicken is done the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit. It is the safe internal temperature for both the white meat and dark chicken meat.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the juices over the chicken breasts. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Can you bake chicken in marinade?It's best to remove the chicken from the marinade. There is usually too much salt, citrus, or flavoring in the marinade. Marinades are designed to tenderize and give meat flavor, not to be cooked in.
What Temperature Should Chicken Be Cooked To In The Oven?
How Long Does It Take To Bake Chicken Breasts At 350 Degrees?
How Long Does It Take To Grill Chicken?
- Small Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (6 – 8 ounces ) will take between 8 to 12 minutes over direct medium heat (350° F)
- Medium Chicken breast, bone-in (10 – 12 ounces) 30 to 40 minutes over indirect medium heat.
- Large Chicken leg or thigh, bone-in- 30 to 40 minutes over indirect medium heat.
What Temperature Is Baked Chicken Done?Chicken, bone-in or bone-out is done when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. It’s best to use a digital thermometer to determine if the chicken breast is fully cooked.
Here Are More Of The Best Chicken Recipes:
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
- Garlic and Herb Drumsticks
- Grilled Apricot Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
- California Grilled Chicken Salad.
- Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Grilled Drumsticks
- Grilled Caprese Chicken Breast
- Grilled California Chicken
- Garlic and Herb Grilled Chicken Drumstick
- Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken Kabobs
- Southwest Chicken Kabob
- BBQ Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Baked Lemon Ginger Chicken is a juicy baked chicken breast recipe. It has the best chicken marinade recipe made with ginger, soy sauce, and lemon juice. It’s perfect for boneless chicken breast or baked bone-in chicken. It's a healthy and naturally low-fat chicken breast recipe.