This is a step-by-step guide on How To Make Candied Bacon with flavor variations. This Candied Bacon recipe is an easy way to make bacon for a crowd will soon be your favorite addition to your family breakfast.
If you've never tried candied bacon, you're in for a treat. It is wonderful on salads, sandwiches, or as a delicious addition to breakfast.
If you're looking for what to serve with bacon, a few of the best breakfast foods are Coconut French Toast, Loaded Hashbrowns, Overnight French Toast Bake, and Fluffy Pancakes. Also, be sure to check out our Best Breakfast Recipes and French Toast Recipes too.
Candied Bacon Recipe
There aren't any big secrets here, just a few tips that will make your bacon a little more crispy and clean-up a little easier.
Cooking bacon in the oven is the easiest way to cook bacon. It takes about 20 minutes and the slices of bacon come out crispy and evenly cooked every time.
Recipes with Candied Bacon
Here are a few ways to enjoy this scrumptious bacon candy.
- A great side to any breakfast menu alongside French Toast, Pancakes, or German Pancakes.
- Sandwiches- Add it to your favorite BLT Sandwich, Breakfast Burrito, or a BBQ Chicken Sandwich.
- Salads- Pretty much any salad will be delish with the addition of bacon. Some of our favorites are this Warm German Potato Salad, BLT Pasta Salad, or this Honey Mustard Harvest Salad.
- Wraps- add it to a wedge salad wrap, or use this ranch chicken on a bun topped with the best candy bacon recipe.
- Classic- sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of brown sugar on before baking.
- Sweet Garlic- add brown sugar and ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Smokey Bacon- Add ½ teaspoon cumin mixed in with the brown sugar.
- Cinnamon Bacon- Combine ½ teaspoon cinnamon with the brown sugar.
How to Make Candied Bacon in Oven
- Lay the bacon on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Mix flavor variations with the brown sugar and sprinkle on top of uncooked bacon.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Take the bacon out of the oven and flip the bacon onto the other side.
- Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until the bacon has reached the desired crispiness.
- Let the bacon cool on the pan or transfer it to a cooling rack.
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees to bake your bacon. This will get the bacon done as quickly as possible and ensure it's nice and crispy.
Tips for Making Candied Bacon (Oven Method)
- You can use thick or thin bacon.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the bacon before you bake it
- Turn the bacon over after 10-15 minutes and sprinkle with more brown sugar
- Let the bacon cool on a wire cooling rack so the grease can drip off.
- Bake the bacon at 400 degrees.
- You can make many different kinds of bacon, such as chocolate, garlic, cumin, and cinnamon.
How To Make Candied Bacon
- 1 lb Bacon (thick bacon or thin bacon is fine)
- 6 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cumin, garlic, cocoa, or cinnamon --(optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay the bacon on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar on the bacon. (Add cumin, garlic, cocoa, or cinnamon to the brown sugar before baking--if desired)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the bacon.
- Spread remaining ½ of the brown sugar mixture on the bacon and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
- Transfer the bacon to a wire cooling rack to cool. Enjoy!
More Breakfast favorites...
- Stuffed Strawberries
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Applesauce Muffins
- Strawberry French Toast Bake
- Patriotic French Toast Bake
- Chaffle Sandwich
- Ranch Potatoes
- Monkey Bread
- Egg Recipes
- More Breakfast Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This is a step by step guide on How To Make Candied Bacon. Included are also several flavor variations. Candied bacon will soon be your favorite addition to your family breakfast.