Coconut Rice Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Jasmine Rice rinsed
- 1 15 oz can Coconut Milk unsweetened, full fat
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Rinse your rice over a sieve until the water runs clean.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine rice, coconut milk, water, sugar, and salt.
- Bring all to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 18 minutes without removing the lid. After 18 minutes, lift the lid to check if all of the liquid has absorbed, but do not stir. You may need to cook for up to 4 additional minutes.
- Once all of the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender, remove the pot from heat and let sit 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Enjoy!
This savory Coconut Rice makes a deliciously fragrant side dish to any of your favorite Asian-inspired meals. Whether you use an Instant Pot, Rice Cooker or a plain old stovetop, just follow our easy peasy step-by-step instructions to get perfectly fluffy and flavorful Coconut Rice every single time.