Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers Recipe with Bacon is such an easy appetizer. It's the ultimate game day appetizer or party food. It only has 3 ingredients and this oven jalapeno popper recipe is so easy to throw together. Everyone loves these Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers.
- The Best Stuffed Jalapeños In Oven
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Video Tutorial
- Stuffed Jalapeños with Bacon
- The Best Cheesy Easy Appetizers:
- Ingredients in Baked Jalapeno Poppers:
- How to make Baked Jalapeno Poppers:
- Recipe Variations
- Tips for Making Jalapeno Poppers
- Baked Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- More Jalapeno Popper Recipes
The Best Stuffed Jalapeños In Oven
This recipe for the Best Stuffed Jalapenos in the Oven is such an easy appetizer recipe!! It only takes 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes to make.
This is one of the best appetizers to bring to a party. It's perfect for a football party or just chilling with your favorite gang.
It can be served piping hot or warm and still tastes great. The combination of the smooth cream cheese, sweet and spicy pepper and then the crispy bacon, everyone loves these babies!! This is the best-stuffed jalapeno popper recipe.
For more fun party recipes, give this Jalapeño and Bacon Cheese Ball a try.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Video Tutorial
Stuffed Jalapeños with Bacon
If you love jalapeno poppers, this is the recipe for you. This has many of those same flavors but is a baked stuffed jalapeno recipe. The bacon adds a great flavor and fun texture to this recipe.
There are several kinds of bacon that work great for this recipe. I have been using Walmart grocery pickup recently and found bacon I love love to use from there. It's called Wright Applewood Bacon. It's thick bacon and has the most amazing sweet and smokey flavor.
Some stuffed jalapeños cream cheese bacon recipes wrap the bacon around the jalapeno. By all means, do what suits you but I found that laying the chunk of bacon on the jalapeno, the bacon flavors the cream cheese and you get that nice crispy bacon we all love.
If your garden is overflowing with jalapenos or you love jalapenos, and you're looking for some of the best jalapeno recipes, this one is for you!
The Best Cheesy Easy Appetizers:
Recipe for stuffed jalapeños with cream cheese is one of the best cheesy easy appetizers. If you're looking for other cheesy appetizer recipes, check out this recipe for Pepperjack Queso, Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip, Cheddar Queso Dip, and Fiesta Corn Dip.
Ingredients in Baked Jalapeno Poppers:
- Jalapenos: Fresh jalapenos work best here. Warning, use disposable plastic gloves when making this recipe. Sometimes it's no big deal to process raw jalapenos; sometimes, they are so hot they can give you blisters on your hands. Yikes! (I like to buy a pack of disposable gloves at the supermarket. You can usually find them by the cleaning supplies) You will need to rinse the jalapenos, cut the top off, slice down the middle, and use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds.
- Cream Cheese: I like to use full-fat cream cheese in this recipe. The full-fat cream cheese stays creamy when it's heated. If you're trying to cut some calories, use part-skim cream cheese. It works great too.
- Bacon: Use your favorite bacon. Turkey bacon even works great. I like to use Wright Thick Sliced Applewood Bacon but any will do. You can find it at Walmart. Cut your bacon strip into ⅓ and lay it on top of your cream cheese-stuffed jalapeno. Or you can add a dollop of bacon jam on top of your cream cheese before baking for a fun variation.
How to make Baked Jalapeno Poppers:
- Prepare the Jalapeno- You will need to rinse the jalapeños, cut the top off, slice down the middle of the jalapeno, and then use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds.
- Stuff with Cream Cheese--It works best if you use cream cheese that is at room temperature. If your cream cheese is cold or you forgot to leave it on the counter, you can unwrap it, put it on a paper plate, and microwave it for 30-60 seconds so it is spreadable. Use a butter knife to fill the jalapeno popper; you want it more than full; round the top with cream cheese. You can add a dash of salt and pepper if you'd like, but we found that the bacon, it adds enough salt.
- Bacon--Cut your bacon into ⅓ piece. Lay the bacon on top of the stuffed jalapeno. You can make your poppers bacon wrapped, but we choose just to lay a slice of bacon on the pepper so it gets evenly crisp. Who doesn't love a thick slice of crispy bacon on a stuffed pepper!?
- Bake-- Bake in a 400-degree preheated for 25-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the bacon.
A jalapeno popper is traditionally a fried jalapeno pepper stuffed with cream cheese, rolled in breadcrumbs, and then baked or fried.
Cook your oven-baked jalapeno poppers in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 24 minutes. If the bacon isn't crisp enough. Turn the broil on and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Buffalo-Style: Mix some hot sauce into the cream cheese mixture before stuffing the jalapenos. Top with crumbled blue cheese after baking for an extra kick of flavor.
- Pizza-Flavored: Mix some Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese into the cream cheese mixture. Top each popper with a small piece of pepperoni before baking.
- Taco-Flavored: Mix some taco seasoning into the cream cheese mixture. Top each popper with a small dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro before serving.
- Bacon Jam: Add a dollop of Bacon Jam onto your jalapeno in place of bacon for a fun variation.
Tips for Making Jalapeno Poppers
- Watch the stuffed jalapenos closely when it's on broil because they will scorch quickly. After 25 minutes, the jalapeno is baked, so you're ready to go as long as your bacon is crisp!
- Use gloves when preparing your jalapenos. If you have sensitive skin or your jalapenos are particularly hot, you can develop blisters on your hands.
- Use full-fat or part-fat cream cheese.
- Use parchment paper on your baking sheet for easy cleanup.
- You can also use a garden vegetable cream cheese or garlic cream cheese if you'd like. That adds a fun flavor twist to this recipe.
Baked Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- 12 Jalapenos Whole, raw
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 8 Strips of Bacon raw
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
To Prepare the Jalapenos
- Use rubber gloves (warning, raw jalapenos can cause blisters on your skin if you're not protected) Wash and then cut the tops off the jalapenos.
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon and discard the seeds.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the jalapeno halves onto a baking sheet
How to Stuff a Jalapeno with Cream Cheese
- Use room temperature cream cheese. If your cream cheese isn't room temperature or isn't soft, place it on a paper plate in the microwave and heat for 30-60 seconds.
- Using a spoon, fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese.
How to make Baked Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- Cut the bacon strips into ⅓ pieces.
- Lay one chunk of cut bacon on top of each jalapeno half.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for about 25 minutes. If your bacon isn't crisp enough (it will depend on the thickness of the bacon) Turn your oven on broil and broil the Baked Jalapeno Bacon Poppers until the bacon is crisp.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
More Jalapeno Popper Recipes
- Hasselback Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Jalapeno Popper Cheeseball
- Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
Other Easy Appetizers to Make:
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Chili Lime Steak Bites
- Easy Bruschetta Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Cheeseball
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- Cheese Filled Peppers
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- Cheddar Queso
- More Appetizers
- More Dips
This recipe for Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers is one of the best cheesy easy appetizers or party foods. They're so easy to make and only take a few ingredients Everyone will love these Stuffed Jalapenos with Bacon.