Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon is such an easy appetizer. It's the ultimate game day appetizer or party food. It only has 3 ingredients and is so easy to throw together. Everyone loves these easy, Baked Jalapeño Poppers.
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Video Tutorial
- The Best Stuffed Jalapeños In Oven
- Stuffed Jalapeños with Bacon
- The Best Cheesy Easy Appetizers:
- Ingredients in Baked Jalapeno Poppers:
- How to make Baked Jalapeno Poppers:
- Tips for Making Jalapeno Poppers
- More Jalapeno Popper Recipes
- Baked Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Video Tutorial
The Best Stuffed Jalapeños In Oven
This recipe for the Best Stuffed Jalapenos in the Oven is such an easy appetizer recipe!! It only takes 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes to make.
This is one of the best appetizers to bring to a party. It's perfect for a football party or just chilling with your favorite gang.
It can be served piping hot or even warm and it still tastes great. The combination of the smooth cream cheese, sweet and spicy pepper and then the crispy bacon, everyone loves these babies!! This is the best-stuffed jalapeno popper recipe.
Stuffed Jalapeños with Bacon
If you love jalapeno poppers, this is the recipe for you. This has a lot of those same flavors but it's a baked stuffed jalapeno recipe. The bacon adds such a great flavor and fun texture to this recipe too.
There are several kinds of bacon that work great for this recipe. I have been using Walmart grocery pickup recently and found bacon I love love to use from there. It's called Wright Applewood Bacon. It's thick bacon and has the most amazing sweet and smokey flavor.
There are some stuffed jalapeños cream cheese bacon recipes that wrap the bacon around the jalapeno. By all means, do what suits you but I found that laying the chunk of bacon on the jalapeno, the bacon flavors the cream cheese and you get that nice crispy bacon we all love.
If your garden is overflowing with jalapenos or you just love jalapenos and you're looking for some of the best jalapeno recipes, this one is for you!
The Best Cheesy Easy Appetizers:
Recipe for stuffed jalapeños with cream cheese is one of the best cheesy easy appetizers. If you're looking for some other cheesy appetizer recipes, be sure to check out this recipe for Pepperjack Queso, Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip, Cheddar Queso Dip, and Fiesta Corn Dip.
Ingredients in Baked Jalapeno Poppers:
- Jalapenos: Fresh jalapenos work best here. Warning, use disposable plastic gloves when making this recipe. Sometimes it's no big deal to process raw jalapenos and sometimes they are so hot they can give you blisters on your hands. Yikes! (I like to but a pack of disposable gloves at the supermarket. You can usually find them by the cleaning supplies) You will need to rinse the jalapenos, cut the top off, slice down the middle, and use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds.
- Cream Cheese: I like to use full-fat cream cheese in this recipe. The full-fat cream cheese stay really creamy when it's heated. If you're trying to cut some calories, use part-skim cream cheese. It works great too.
- Bacon: Use your favorite bacon. Turkey bacon even works great. I like to use Wright Thick Sliced Applewood Bacon. You can find it at Walmart. Cut your bacon strip into ⅓ and lay it on top of your cream cheese stuffed jalapeno.
How to make Baked Jalapeno Poppers:
- Prepare the Jalapeno- You will need to rinse the jalapeños, cut the top off, slice down the middle of the jalapeno, and then use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds.
- Stuff with Cream Cheese--It works best if you use cream cheese that is at room temperature. If your cream cheese is cold or you forgot to leave it on the counter, you can unwrap the cream cheese, put in on a paper plate, and microwave it for 30-60 seconds so it is spreadable. Use a butter knife to fill the jalapeno popper, you want it more than full, round the top with cream cheese. You can add a dash of salt and pepper if you'd like but we found with the bacon, it adds enough salt.
- Bacon--Cut your bacon into ⅓ pieces. Lay the bacon on top of the stuffed jalapeno. You can make your poppers bacon wrapped but we choose to just lay a slice of bacon on the pepper so it gets evenly crisp. Who doesn't love a thick slice of crispy bacon on a stuffed pepper!?
- Bake-- Bake in a 400 degree preheated for 25-40 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon.
A jalapeno popper is traditionally a fried jalapeno pepper, stuffed with cream cheese, rolled in breadcrumbs, and then baked or fried.
Cook your oven-baked jalapeno poppers in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 24 minutes. If the bacon isn't crisp enough. Turn the broil on and broil for 2-3 minutes.
Tips for Making Jalapeno Poppers
- Be sure to watch the stuffed jalapenos closely when it's on broil because they will scorch quickly. After 25 minutes, the jalapeno is baked so as long as your bacon is crisp, you're ready to go!
- Use gloves when preparing your jalapenos. If you have sensitive skin or your jalapenos are particulary hot, you can develop blisters on your hands.
- Use full fat or part fat cream cheese.
- Use parchment paper on your baking sheet for easy clean up.
- You can also also use a garden vegetable cream cheese or garlic cream cheese if you'd like. That adds a fun flavor twist to this recipe.
More Jalapeno Popper Recipes
- Hassleback Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Jalapeno Popper Cheeseball
- Jalapeno Artichoke DIp
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
Baked Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- 12 Jalapenos Whole, raw
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 8 Strips of Bacon raw
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
To Prepare the Jalapenos
- Use rubber gloves (warning, raw jalapenos can cause blisters on your skin if you're not protected) Wash and then cut the tops off the jalapenos.
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon and discard the seeds.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the jalapeno halves onto a baking sheet
How to Stuff a Jalapeno with Cream Cheese
- Use room temperature cream cheese. If your cream cheese isn't room temperature or isn't soft, place it on a paper plate in the microwave and heat for 30-60 seconds.
- Using a spoon, fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese.
How to make Baked Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- Cut the bacon strips into ⅓ pieces.
- Lay one chunk of cut bacon on top of each jalapeno half.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for about 25 minutes. If your bacon isn't crisp enough (it will depend on the thickness of the bacon) Turn your oven on broil and broil the Baked Jalapeno Bacon Poppers until the bacon is crisp.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Other Easy Appetizers to Make:
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Chili Lime Steak Bites
- Easy Bruschetta Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Cheeseball
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- Cheese Filled Peppers
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- Cheddar Queso
- More Appetizers
- More Dips
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This recipe for Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers is one of the best cheesy easy appetizers or party foods. They're so easy to make and only take a few ingredients Everyone will love these Stuffed Jalapenos with Bacon.