These cute little Halloween Mummy Pretzels are a quick and easy Halloween treat. They’re covered in white chocolate and decorated with an extra chocolate drizzle and candy eyes to look like mummies.
Mummy Halloween Pretzels
These Halloween Mummy Pretzels are the perfect Halloween treats to make with kids and bring to any Halloween party. You only need three ingredients and they take less than 30 minutes to prep.
Below you will find instructions and tips on how to melt white chocolate to make these adorable and super-easy Halloween Pretzels. From there, you just need to dip, decorate, and enjoy.
Ingredients For Making Halloween Treats With Pretzels
- White Chocolate - you can use either white chocolate melting wafers or white chocolate chips for this recipe. Make sure to follow our instructions on how to melt white chocolate because it burns very easily.
- Pretzels - I like to use mini twist pretzels to make Mummy pretzels because they are bite sized. You could also use square shaped mini pretzels, pretzel rods, or pretzel chips.
- Candy Eyeballs - you should be able to find these in the baking aisle at the store. Otherwise, you can try a craft store or order them online.
How To Make Mummy Pretzels
- Melt the white chocolate. To melt the white chocolate, place the white candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir. Continue to heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the wafers are mostly melted. (Note: If the wafers are partially melted and the dish is still warm, allow it sit for a minute or two and then stir again. You do not want to over-microwave or the chocolate will burn)
- Dip the pretzels. To dip, use a fork to submerge each pretzel into the melted chocolate one at a time. Remove with the fork, then tap the fork onto the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place the dipped pretzel onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or waxed paper and repeat with the rest of the pretzels.
- Decorate the pretzels. Once you have dipped the pretzels, add the remaining melted chocolate to a piping bag. Drizzle horizontally to resemble mummy wrapping, then finish with the little candy eyes.
- Let the chocolate set up. Allow the pretzels to set up at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
- Store. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or the fridge for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
For dipping pretzels, or anything else into melted chocolate, the easiest chocolate to use is melting chocolate. It’s specifically formulated to melt easily and is quite easy to work with. Otherwise, you can melt any other type of chocolate chips or plain chocolate bars. If the pieces are larger than the size of a chocolate chip, just chop them up before melting.
If your melted chocolate is hard instead of melted, you likely overheated it. It doesn’t take much to overheat white chocolate. The other reason for hardened chocolate is if you introduced any water to it. Your best bet is to start over and keep a close eye on it while it heats.
As long as your Halloween pretzels are stored in an airtight container in a cool dark place, they should last for up to 1 week at room temperature. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months - just be sure they are in an airtight container so that no moisture can get in and cause them to become soggy.
Tips For Making Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- White chocolate will melt faster than milk chocolate so keep a close eye on it. If you know that your microwave heats quickly, you may want to melt for only 20 seconds at a time.
- Glass bowls will become hot in the microwave. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Don't add water or liquid to your chocolate. It will cause the chocolate to seize. If you want to thin down the melted chocolate, add a teaspoon of vegetable oil or coconut oil instead.
- Once you place the melted chocolate into a piping bag, make sure to use it quickly. If it sits too long it will set up as it cools.
Storing Halloween Pretzel Treats
- Room Temperature: store in an airtight container in a cool dark place at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Refrigerator: you can store in the fridge as long as your pretzels are well sealed in an airtight container. They will last for up to 1 month this way as long as they are properly sealed.
- Freezer: chocolate covered pretzels can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months as long as they are well sealed in an airtight container.
Halloween Mummy Pretzels Recipe
- 12 ounces White Chocolate Melting Wafers or white chocolate chips
- 2 cups Mini Twist Pretzels
- 48 small Candy Eyeballs
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper and set aside.
- To melt the white chocolate, place the melting wafers into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 30 seconds and then stir. Continue to heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the wafers are mostly melted. (Note: If the wafers are partially melted and the dish is still warm, allow it sit for a minute or two and then stir again. You do not want to over-microwave or the chocolate will burn)
- To dip, use a fork to submerge each pretzel into the melted chocolate one at a time. Remove with the fork, then tap the fork onto the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place the dipped pretzel onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the pretzels.
- Once all pretzels have been dipped, add the remaining melted chocolate to a piping bag. Drizzle horizontally to resemble mummy wrapping, then finish with the little candy eyes.
- Allow the pretzels to set up at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or the fridge for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
More Easy Halloween Treats
- Graveyard Cupcakes
- Spooky Halloween Monster Cookies
- Jack-o-Lantern Cookies
- Fall Party Mix
- Mulled Cider
- Halloween Eyeball Cupcakes
- More Fall Recipes
- More Easy Dessert Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These Mummy Halloween Pretzels are covered in melted white chocolate and decorated with candy eyes to look just like mummies. They are super easy to make and perfect for Halloween parties for kids or adults.