These Rolo Pretzel Bites are the perfect sweet and salty holiday treat or snack for any occasion. They use just 3 ingredients, take less than 10 minutes to make and are always a major hit.
Easy Rolo Pretzel Bites
This is one of those “I need something quick and easy” recipes that is perfect to whip out when life gets busy. It honestly doesn't get much easier than Rolo Pretzel Bites - they use just 3 ingredients and can be whipped up at the very last minute.
Fortunately, they are also absolutely delicious. The chocolate and caramel Rolo candies melt onto mini pretzels for a sweet and salty match made in heaven. You will also love that they can be easily customized to fit literally any occasion. You can swap out Rolos for Hershey’s Kisses, different colors of M&Ms, top with nuts and so much more.
Ingredients in Pretzel Rolo Bites
- Pretzels - these look best if you use either mini square pretzels or mini round pretzels.
- Rolos Chocolate Caramel Candies - you can also substitute with Hershey’s Kisses.
- M&Ms - you can use any color of M&Ms that you want, or substitute Reese’s Pieces for a peanut butter version.
How to Make Rolo Pretzels
- Top pretzels with Rolo candy. Place pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then place a Rolo Candy on top of each pretzel.
- Bake. Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, or just until the Rolo candies have started to soften.
- Top with an M&M and cool. Remove from the oven and gently press an M&M on top of each Rolo. Let cool completely, then serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations for Rolo Pretzels
There are basically unlimited variations to be made from this basic idea. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Different chocolate candies. Try topping square pretzels with other chocolate candies, such as Hershey’s Kisses or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Top with pecan. Instead of topping with an M&M, press a toasted pecan half on top of each melted Rolo.
- Holiday themed. Purchase M&Ms with colors for Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day or the Fourth of July.
- Dipped in chocolate. Once you have made your Rolo Pretzel Bites and cooled completely, dip the entire thing into melted chocolate and let set on parchment in a cool spot until set completely.
- S’Mores Pretzel Bites. Top the melted Rolo candies with a mini marshmallow for a s’mores twist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! While this recipe is specifically for Rolo pretzel bites, you can experiment with other chocolate candies like Hershey's Kisses, peanut butter cups, or caramel-filled chocolates.
Yes, you can make Rolo pretzel bites in advance. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. However, be aware that over time, the pretzels may lose some of their crunch.
Store leftover Rolo pretzel bites in an airtight container at room temperature. If you live in a warm climate or during hot seasons, you may want to store them in the refrigerator to prevent the caramel from becoming too soft.
Storing Rolo Pretzels
- Refrigerator: store in an airtight container in the cooler for up to 4 days. They will stay crunchy longer than if left out at room temperature.
- Freezing: store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Rolo Pretzel Bites Recipe
- 24 small Square Pretzels
- 24 individual Rolo Chocolate Caramels
- 24 individual M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then place a Rolo Candy on top of each pretzel.
- Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, or just until the Rolo candies have started to soften.
- Remove from the oven and gently press an M&M on top of each Rolo.
- Let cool completely, then serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
Here are more of our favorite easy holiday candy recipes!
- Nilla Wafer Candy
- Pumpkin Pretzels
- Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rods
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- Buttery English Toffee
- Homemade Caramels
- More Pretzel Bites
- More Homemade Desserts
- More Homemade No Bake Desserts
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These sweet and salty Rolo Pretzels Bites are the ultimate quick and easy treat to make for any holiday. They use just 3 ingredients and can be made in less than 10 minutes.