This is an amazing recipe for Frosted Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. They are light and fluffy and smothered with whipped cream cheese frosting.
Easy Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
These ooey-gooey Pumpkin Bars will soon be a family favorite. They're soft and fluffy with a sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting that pairs perfectly with those sweet fall flavors.
More on the cakey side, these Pumpkin Bars are best eaten with a fork. I love serving them when entertaining guests for the holidays or serving to someone who prefers cake over pie.
Best of all, they only take a few minutes to throw together. If pumpkin recipes are your thing, you might also love this Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting, Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast, or No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Frosted Pumpkin Bars Ingredients
- Flour: All-Purpose flour works great in this pumpkin cake recipe we use just regular all-purpose flour and soda cake flour because we are wanting a really sick rich and laced pumpkin cake.
- Baking Powder: This helps the cake rise and become fluffy.
- Spices: Cinnamon, Ginger, and Cloves are used in this recipe. Hello, fall flavors!
- Salt: Sea Salt works best.
- Butter: Melted butter is used in this recipe instead of oil because everything is better with butter!
- Eggs: Gives the cake that spongy consistency and keeps it moist too,
- Sugar: Regular, white table sugar works great. It adds just the right amount of sweetness.
- Pumpkin: 16 ounces. Just be sure to weigh your pumpkin if you are using homemade pumpkin puree. Pumpkin Puree is the magic in this recipe.
Pumpkin Bar Frosting Ingredients
- Cream Cheese: Regular, full-fat cream cheese is what the recipe calls for, however, low-fat cream cheese also works great here.
- Butter: This will give it a rich and creamy texture.
- Powdered Sugar: This gives it sweetness without any sugar granules.
- Vanilla: This gives it a rich a full robust flavor.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Mix your wet ingredients, the melted butter, canned pumpkin, and eggs. Whisk until it’s all combined.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, Flour, Sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool while you make the frosting.
- Spread a thick layer of frosting on the pumpkin bars.
- You can top the pumpkin bars with sprinkles, walnuts, candy corns, or mini pumpkin candies. Sprinkles are a cute and quick way to decorate this easy recipe for pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. So cute!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can freeze these pumpkin bars. Just be sure to do it without the frosting on it. You can bake it on a large baking sheet. Let the pumpkin bars cool, wrap the entire pan with plastic wrap, and put it in the freezer. Before you're ready to serve, Make the frosting and spread it on the pumpkin bars. It will be easier to spread the frosting before it thaws. You can spread the frosting before or after the pumpkin bars are thawed.
You can store extra cream cheese frosting in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months. If frozen, thaw in the fridge overnight and pull to room temperature to re-whip before using.
Storing and Freezing
- Refrigerator: store Pumpkin Bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: Pumpkin Bars can be wrapped well with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil, then stored for up to 1 month in the freezer. To thaw, transfer to the fridge overnight. I recommend pulling out to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before eating.
Easy Pumpkin Bar Recipe
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 16 oz Pumpkin Puree canned or homemade
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ⅔ cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger
- ¼ tsp Cloves
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bar Frosting
- ½ cup Butter room temperature
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the melted butter, pumpkin puree, and eggs. Beat until the ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Use a toothpick inserted in the middle to test for doneness.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cake cool completely while you make the frosting.
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the soft cream cheese and beat again until light and fluffy again. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix on low, then increase speed and beat until fluffy.
- Spread evenly over the cooled Pumpkin Cake and cut into pieces. Enjoy!
More Favorite Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- More Fall Recipes
- More Holiday Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These are easy Pumpkin Bars with a Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe. It's the perfect fall treat. It is a soft and fluffy pumpkin bar and has a thick and rich cream cheese frosting recipe.