This is an amazing recipe for Frosted Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. They are light and fluffy and smothered with whipped cream cheese frosting. These Homemade Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are irresistible.
This is a moist pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting recipe. The bars are more on the cakey side and are best eaten with a fork. They're perfect when entertaining guests for the holidays or serving to someone who prefers cake over pie.
They are ooey-gooey pumpkin bars and will soon be a family favorite.
Pumpkin bars with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
This recipe for pumpkin bars is an easy dump and go recipe. They only take a few minutes to throw together and have all the fall flavors you'll love.
They're a soft and fluffy pumpkin bar recipe and have sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting that pairs perfectly with those sweet fall flavors. They are the best pumpkin bar recipe with cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients in ooey-gooey Pumpkin Bar Recipe
- Flour: All-Purpose flour works great in this pumpkin cake recipe we use just regular all-purpose flour and soda cake flour because we are wanting a really sick rich and laced pumpkin cake.
- Baking Powder: This helps the cake rise and become fluffy.
- Spices: Cinnamon, Ginger, and Cloves are used in this recipe. Hello, fall flavors!
- Salt: Sea Salt works best.
- Butter: Melted butter is used in this recipe instead of oil because everything is better with butter!
- Eggs: Gives the cake that spongy consistency and keeps it moist too,
- Sugar: Regular, white table sugar works great. It adds just the right amount of sweetness.
- Pumpkin: 16 ounces. Just be sure to weigh your pumpkin if you are using homemade pumpkin puree. Pumpkin Puree is the magic in this recipe.
Ingredients In Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream Cheese: Regular, full-fat cream cheese is what the recipe calls for, however, low-fat cream cheese also works great here.
- Butter: This will give it a rich and creamy texture.
- Powdered Sugar: This gives it sweetness without any sugar granules.
- Vanilla: This gives it a rich a full robust flavor.
How to make this recipe for Pumpkin Bars
- Mix your wet ingredients, the melted butter, canned pumpkin, and eggs. Whisk until it’s all combined.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, Flour, Sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased 26 by 18? pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool while you make the frosting.
- Spread a thick layer of frosting on the pumpkin bars.
- You can top the pumpkin bars with sprinkles, walnuts, candy corns, or mini pumpkin candies. Sprinkles are a cute and quick way to decorate this easy recipe for pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. So cute!
You can freeze these pumpkin bars. Just be sure to do it without the frosting on it. You can bake it on a large baking sheet. Let the pumpkin bars cool, wrap the entire pan with plastic wrap, and put it in the freezer. Before you're ready to serve, Make the frosting and spread it on the pumpkin bars. It will be easier to spread the frosting before it thaws. You can spread the frosting before or after the pumpkin bars are thawed.
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 16 oz Pumpkin Canned
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 ⅔ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger powder
- ¼ tsp Cloves
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup Butter Room Tempreture
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese 8 ounces
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In an electric mixer, combine butter, pumpkin, and eggs. =Beat until the ingredients are combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared large baking sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Use a toothpick inserted in the middle to test for doneness.
- Let cake cool completely in the pan before adding the frosting.
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy again. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
If you love Pumpkin Recipes, here are a few more you'll love:
- Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- More Fall Recipes
- More Holiday Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These are easy Pumpkin Bars with a Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe. It's the perfect fall treat. It is a soft and fluffy pumpkin bar and has a thick and rich cream cheese frosting recipe.