These Brownie Bites with cream cheese frosting are the perfect two-bite treat for any occasion. Here, we’ve topped them with blueberries and strawberries for a red, white and blue 4th of July theme, but these cheesecake brownie bites taste great topped with just about anything sweet.
Brownie Cheesecake Bites
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect bite-sized dessert to serve a party, BBQ, potluck or family movie night look no further! This Cheesecake Brownie Bites recipe is one of those great recipes that’s quick, easy, delicious, cute and a total crowd pleaser. Plus, it’s super easy to adapt to any occasion, or mix and match new flavors.
For this post, we fully embraced the red, white and blue 4th of July theme. They look so cute with the white cream cheese frosting, blueberries and bright red strawberries. But, they could just as easily be dressed up for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, birthdays or Halloween. You name it, these Cheesecake Brownie Bites can do it.
Brownie Cheesecake Bites Ingredients
- Brownie Mix - you can use any type or brand of brownie mix that you like - or make your own.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - cream whips best when it is very cold so keep it in the fridge until just before whipping.
- Cream Cheese - this will need to be room temperature in order to get it nice and fluffy. If it’s not soft enough, you can transfer to a microwave-safe container and heat for about 10 seconds at a time until soft but not melted.
- Powdered Sugar - it’s a good idea to sift your powdered sugar before adding.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract tastes best.
- Blueberries and Strawberries - we used these blue and red berries for a 4th of July theme, but you could use any types of berries or fruit that you like.
How to Make Brownie Bites
- Bake brownies. Make brownie batter according to package instructions and bake in mini muffin pans. Let cool completely, then set aside.
- Make the cream cheese frosting. In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form and set aside. Add the room temperature cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat using the paddle attachment until fluffy before adding the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix again until fluffy, then slowly fold in the whipped cream by hand until completely combined.
- Decorate. Scoop the cheesecake topping into a piping bag and pipe onto the cooled brownie bites. Decorate using fresh blueberries and strawberries as desired.
- Refrigerate and serve. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations for Brownie Bites
- Raspberry Swirl Brownie Bites: Swirl raspberry jam or puree into the brownie batter before baking for a fruity and tangy twist. Top each brownie bite with a fresh raspberry or a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Salted Caramel Brownie Bites: Incorporate a layer of salted caramel between two layers of brownie batter before baking. Drizzle additional caramel sauce on top and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites: Mix mint extract or finely chopped fresh mint into the brownie batter for a refreshing flavor. Top with a layer of mint chocolate ganache or a sprinkle of crushed peppermint candies.
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Bites: Swirl peanut butter into the brownie batter for a rich and nutty flavor. Top with a dollop of peanut butter frosting or ganache and garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Cookies and Cream Brownie Bites: Fold crushed chocolate sandwich cookies into the brownie batter for a cookies-and-cream delight. Garnish with a cookies-and-cream frosting or crumbled cookies on top.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie Bites: Swirl a mixture of cream cheese, white chocolate chips, and raspberry preserves into the brownie batter. Top with a white chocolate ganache and a fresh raspberry.
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s nothing worse than brownies that stick to the muffin tins! In order to avoid this catastrophe, make sure you grease your tins with nonstick spray even if they are nonstick to begin with. Also, be sure and only remove from the pans once they are completely cooled.
If you are still having a problem, you can gently run a sharp knife around the edges and ease them out. Or, bake them in nonstick silicone molds and pop them in the freezer. That way, you can easily press them out.
Storing and Freezing
- Make-Ahead: these Brownie Bites can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and stored in the fridge. If you choose to do this, we recommend topping with the fruit just before serving.
- Refrigerator: to store any leftovers, cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: if you want to freeze them, we recommend baking, cooling and freezing the brownies in freezer bags. You can quickly make the frosting and decorate just before serving. Brownies will hold up in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Cheesecake Brownie Bites Recipe
- 1 box Brownie Mix
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ pint Blueberries
- 1 quart Strawberries
- Make brownies according to package instructions and bake in mini cupcake pans. Let cool completely, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form and set aside.
- Add the room temperature cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat using the paddle attachment until fluffy before adding the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix again until fluffy, then slowly fold in the whipped cream by hand until completely combined.
- Scoop the cheesecake topping into a piping bag and pipe onto the cooled brownie bites.
- Top with fresh blueberries and strawberries, or any other type of fruit that you would like, then refrigerate for at least two hours. Enjoy!
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Oreo Parfaits
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Einkorn Brownies
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- More Easy Desserts
More 4th of July Desserts
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- French Toast Bake -Easy 4th of July Breakfast
- Individual No Bake Cheesecake
- Berry Salad
- Patriotic Rice Crispy Treats
- Easy Homemade Brushetta
This Mini Cheesecake Brownie Bites recipe is one of those great recipes that’s quick, easy, delicious, cute and a total crowd pleaser. Here, we’ve topped them with blueberries and strawberries for a red, white and blue 4th of July theme, but these little beauties taste great topped with just about anything sweet.