These super simple Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars will satisfy your sweet tooth and chocolate craving without ever turning on the oven. They’ve got a buttery graham cracker crust and a rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake filling that is just as irresistible as any baked version.
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bars with Graham Cracker Crust
- Ingredients to Make Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- How to Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Recipe Variations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storing No Bake Desserts
- Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- More of the Best No-Bake Desserts
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bars with Graham Cracker Crust
Chocolate-lovers take note - these Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars are a chocoholic’s dream come true. They’re full of chocolate flavor, super smooth and creamy and take no time to make.
You’ll also love that they are virtually foolproof. While baking cheesecake has all sorts of “dos and don'ts,” our no-bake version couldn’t be easier. As long as you have 30 minutes and a bit of refrigerator space, you’re good to go.
Top these yummy bars amazing topped with macerated strawberries, strawberry sauce, chocolate sauce, sprinkles, hot fudge sauce, crushed candy or however else you like to eat your cheesecake. Be sure to let us know what you think!
Ingredients to Make Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- Butter - you’ll need melted butter to help hold the crust together. For this recipe, you can use either salted or unsalted butter.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs - to crush the graham crackers, either pulse them in a food processor or put in a freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Sugar - we use granulated sugar for the crust. For a slightly different flavor, brown sugar could be used instead.
- Cream Cheese - make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so it mixes well with the rest of the cheesecake filling. If you forget to pull it out ahead of time, you can warm it in the microwave for about 10 seconds at a time just until soft.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - this really helps to lighten the chocolate cheesecake bars. Be sure your cream is cold before you whip it.
- Sour Cream - this adds a great tangy flavor and keeps the filling extra creamy. You can use either full fat or lite.
- Powdered Sugar - we like to use powdered sugar for the filling because it gives it sweetness without any grit.
- Cocoa Powder - the better the cocoa powder, the better the flavor. We recommend Ghirardelli or Guitard, if you can find it.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract tastes the best.
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Make the crust. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix well until none of the mixture looks dry. Press the mixture firmly into a 9" by 13" baking pan, then place in the freezer for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Whip the cream. Pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer (or mixing bowl with an electric mixer) and whip until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate cheesecake filling. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese using the paddle attachment until soft and fluffy, or about 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and mix on low until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy. Once the mixture is fluffy again, gently fold in the sour cream and whipped cream using a rubber spatula.
- Spread over the crust. Pour the chocolate cheesecake mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust in your prepared pan and gently spread using an offset spatula.
- Chill. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using a sharp knife to cut into individual servings. Enjoy!
There are many ways to make these no bake chocolate dessert bars delicious. Here are a few of our favorite recipe variations to try:
- Oreo cookie crust. Swap out Oreo cookies instead of graham crackers. Plain, mint or salted caramel Oreos would taste amazing.
- Add chocolate chips. If you want to add a little texture, add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips as you fold in the whipped cream. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate or semi sweet would all work great.
- Chocolate lovers. If you want an even deeper chocolate flavored no bake bar, add 8 ounces of melted chocolate (we like semi-sweet) to the cheesecake mixture. You can melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time until melted but not hot. Add the cooled, melted chocolate into the cheesecake mixture along with the sour cream.
- Chocolate and vanilla. For those of you who can’t quite make up your minds, you can make chocolate and vanilla no-bake bars! Make these as directed, allowing them to set up for at least 30 minutes before adding an extra layer of No-Bake Cheesecake Bars on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to cut your Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars into nice, clean servings, you’ll want to let them set up in the fridge for at least 2 hours. If you try and cut them too early, they won’t hold their shape as well.
Yes! Just toss in the freezer for about 30 minutes - 1 hour, or until the filling is firmed up, then cover carefully with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store frozen for up to 2 months.
You can. This can be helpful if you are short on freezer space, or if you have the oven on already. Rather than freezing the crust, just bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes and allow to cool completely before adding the chocolate cheesecake filling.
Storing No Bake Desserts
- Refrigerator: your chocolate cheesecake bars should be lightly wrapped in plastic wrap, or covered with a lid if you had one, and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: if you plan to freeze them, let them firm up in the freezer for about 30 minutes, then remove and cover with plastic wrap or foil. Return to the freezer and store for up to 2 months.
Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- ½ cup Butter melted
- 18 regular Graham Crackers crushed into fine crumbs, or about 9.5 oz
- ¼ Cup Sugar
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 16 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream whipped
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 1 ¼ Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix well until none of the mixture looks dry.
- Press the mixture firmly into a 9" by 13" baking pan, then place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to firm up*.
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer (or mixing bowl with an electric mixer) and whip until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese using the paddle attachment until soft and fluffy, or about 2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and mix on low until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy.
- Once the mixture is fluffy again, gently fold in the sour cream and whipped cream using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture evenly over the prepared graham cracker crust and gently spread using an offset spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into individual servings. Enjoy!
More of the Best No-Bake Desserts
- No-Bake Cheesecake Bars
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake
- Lemon Raspberry Parfait
- Buckeye Dip
- No-Bake Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
- More No-Bake Desserts
- More of the Best No-Bake Cookies
More Chocolate Desserts
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- Chocolate Oreo Parfait
- Chocolate Cream Puffs
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake Bars are full of chocolate flavor, super smooth and take no time to make. They've got a buttery graham cracker crust and a rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake filling that's hard to resist.