This is an easy mixed berry or overnight blueberry French toast bake. It’s made with simple ingredients, frozen mixed berries, milk, cream cheese, and eggs. It’s a delicious baked French toast casserole with streusel topping.
French Toast Bake With Cream Cheese
Overnight French Toast Bake with cream cheese is an easy make-ahead breakfast recipe. It is very similar to a classic French toast bake but has chunks of creamy delicious cream cheese. Combine that with the mixed berries and wa-lah, incredible!
This Mixed Berry French Toast Bake only takes a few minutes to assemble. You can make this 4-48 hours ahead of time.
The best thing about this french toast bake is you can bake it when you’re ready. It’s also a great recipe to serve when you have company. You can make it ahead of time and then pop it in the oven an hour before your company come. Perfection every time.
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Bake
This easy breakfast recipe can also be made into an overnight blueberry french toast bake with cream cheese. Simply substitute the mixed berries for frozen or fresh blueberries to make this easy baked french toast casserole.
The tartness of the cream cheese chunks and sweetness of the berries is a perfect combo.
What to serve with Mixed Berry French Toast Bake
If you’re looking to really level up your breakfast game, these amazing syrups are perfect for this Mixed Berry French Toast Bake with Cream Cheese. The Mixed Berry Syrup is a classic and of course, the perfect addition, but you may also want to consider this Lemon Curd Syrup, Classic Buttermilk Syrup, and even this Coconut Syrup.
We also have a few other french toast bake recipe you’ll love, the Classic French Toast Bake is, well, a classic. Coconut French Toast Bake has an incredible nut crumble topping and if you’re hankering for some fall spices, the Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast Bake is outstanding.
If you’re not in the mood or don’t have the time to make your french toast bake ahead of time, this recipe for Coconut French Toast with Coconut Syrup is always a favorite to make on Saturday mornings and whenever company is in town. Pair it with Cheesy Hashbrowns with Ham and Bacon or Candied Bacon
This baked French toast recipe is a great brunch idea, perfect for the holidays, or just a lazy weekend.
This recipe is easily adaptable too. It can be an overnight French Toast Bake or a French toast bake, not overnight.
How To Make the Best French Toast Casserole
Spray or grease a 9 by 13″ pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Cut french bread into 1″ cubes and place in the 9 by 13″ baking dish. The baking dish should be full of bread, up to the top of the baking dish. (I used 3/4 loaf of french bread.)
In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. whisk until the egg yolks are broken and all ingredients are combined. Pour over the cubed bread.
Cut the cream cheese into 1/2″ chunks and place on top of the bread mixture.
Sprinkle the berries on top too.
How To Make Oven Baked French Toast– No Overnight
- If you don’t have time for an overnight casserole, just give yourself an additional 20 minutes or so to let the milk mixture soak into the bread chunks.
- Add the bread to a large bowl and pour the egg and milk mixture over the bread chunks. Toss lightly and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Toss again before you pour it into a baking dish.
- Then add the cream cheese chunks and berries.
You can make this French Toast Bake with Creamy Cheese or without cream cheese. The chunks of cream cheese are delicious but if don’t prefer cream cheese, no worries. This oven-baked French toast casserole is delicious either way!
Mixed Berry French Toast Bake
- 10-12 slices French Bread (Cubed into 1" cubes)or enough to fill a 9 by 13" pan
- 12 large Eggs
- 2 cups Milk whole milk works great
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 8 oz containers Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Berries (mixed berries work great) Fresh or Frozen work great
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Butter room temp or cut into small chunks
- 1/3 Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Spray or grease a 9 by 13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut french bread into !" cubes and place in the 9 by 13" baking dish. The baking dish should be full of bread, up to the top of the baking dish. (I used 3/4 loaf of french bread.)
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. whisk until the egg yolks are broken and all ingredients are combined. Pour over the cubed bread.
- Cut the cream cheese into 1/2" chunks and place on top of the bread mixture. Sprinkle the berries on top too.
- in a small mixing bowl, add the flour, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. use a spoon and mix until the mixture is the size of peas.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the french toast bake. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4-48 hours.
- When you're ready to cook the french toast bake, be sure to take the casserole out of the fridge while the oven preheats. It should come close to room temperature before baking.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until the edges of the french toast bake is golden brown. Serve with the syrup of your choice and whipped cream. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Save this for later!!
This is an easy mixed berry overnight French toast bake. It’s made with simple ingredients, frozen mixed berries, milk, cream cheese, and eggs. It’s a delicious overnight French toast casserole with streusel topping.