These Garlic Butter Steak Bites are seared to perfection, then finished in a delicious garlic butter sauce. They make a quick and easy appetizer or meal, served with mashed potatoes, rice or your favorite side dish.
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
These juicy, caramelized Garlic Butter Steak Bites are a super quick and easy way to get your fix of meat. This recipe uses just one-pot, a handful of ingredients and about 15 minutes to make from start to finish.
The most important ingredient, as you might guess, is the steak. I love using sirloin steak and tri-tip because they tend to be super flavorful, tender and inexpensive. However, you can really use any type of steak that you’d like. Once the beef has seared and the garlic has cooked until fragrant, we add the butter. This will magically lift the caramel flavoring off of the bottom of your skillet and give your steak some of the most delicious, juicy sauce you have ever eaten.
Ingredients in Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Steak - you can use any kind of steak for this recipe, but I usually will choose either sirloin or tri-tip. Make sure to cut them into even, bite size pieces that are about ¾”-1” big.
- Avocado Oil - you can also use olive oil for this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic - we recommend using fresh garlic for this recipe, minced finely. It has the best flavor and the secret to how to make garlic butter for steak so delicious. If you are in a time crunch, the jarred minced garlic will work, too.
- Butter - I prefer to use unsalted butter and then season with extra salt and pepper as needed, but you can use salted if you’d like.
- Parsley - fresh minced parsley makes a great garnish and adds the perfect amount of freshness to the dish.
How to Make This Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe
- Cook the steak. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the avocado oil and heat until shimmering. Add the steak in a single layer to the hot skillet, making sure that each piece of steak is touching the bottom of the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for about 2 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown. Don’t turn the meat until it has caramelized!
- Add the garlic. Add the minced garlic and stir, cooking for another 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finish with butter and parsley. Just before the steak bites are finished cooking, add the butter and parsley.
- Serve. Transfer the steak bites to a serving dish, then pour the remaining garlic butter from the pan over the top. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
I love using tri-tip and sirloin steak because they are super flavorful as well as inexpensive. However, filet mignon, strip steak or really any other cut of steak will do.
You can cook these steak bites in an air fryer, but this is one instance where it may actually take longer. If you want to go this route, you’ll want to add pre seasoned and oiled bite size pieces of steak in a single layer to a preheated 400 degree air fryer basket.
Cook for about 3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3 minutes or so, until caramelized. You can make the garlic butter sauce for steak bites by heating the butter and garlic in a small sauce pot until melted and just about to brown, then pour over the cooked beef.
I recommend using a large cast iron skillet because they get super hot and hold heat evenly. Otherwise, any large skillet or dutch oven will work.
Storing and Reheating
- Refrigerator: store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: reheat leftovers in a single layer in a large skillet over medium high heat, occasionally stirring, until warmed through. Add a little extra butter or oil to the pan as needed.
Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe
- 24 oz Steak cut into ¾" pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Parsley fresh minced
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the avocado oil and heat until shimmering. Add the steak in a single layer to the hot skillet, making sure that each piece of steak is touching the bottom of the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for about 2 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown. Add the minced garlic and stir, cooking for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Just before the steak bites are finished cooking, add the butter and parsley.
- Transfer the steak bites to a serving dish, then pour the remaining garlic butter from the pan over the top. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
More of Our Favorite Beef Recipes To Try
- Korean Beef Stir Fry
- Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs
- Steak Fajitas
- Beef Tacos
- Beef Stew
- Chili Lime Steak Bites
- Pan Seared Steak
- Pot Roast
- Crockpot Rump Roast
- More Beef Recipes
- More Easy Appetizers
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Garlic Butter Steak Bites recipe is an easy dinner idea that only takes about 15 minutes. It is perfect as a main course for dinner or as a fun steak bites appetizer.