This crispy Chicken and Bacon Wrap is a quick and easy lunch or dinner that tastes great and couldn’t be easier. It’s loaded with crispy chicken tenders, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and a drizzle of ranch dressing all tucked into a flour tortilla.
Crispy Chicken Bacon Wrap
It doesn’t get much more satisfying or easy than this crispy Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap recipe. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy lunch, a family-friendly dinner, or a meal prep option, this wrap has it all.
Using store bought chicken tenders or chicken nuggets is a great shortcut for those busy nights when you don’t have a clue what to make. If you have the time, or happen to have some in the freezer, feel free to use these simple Homemade Chicken Tenders. Otherwise, just about any kind of cooked chicken will work including leftover shredded chicken, grilled chicken breasts, or even rotisserie chicken.
Bacon Chicken Ranch Wrap Ingredients
- Chicken Tenders - using frozen chicken tenders or chicken nuggets is a great time saver, although Homemade Chicken Tenders are quick, easy, and delicious. You can also use rotisserie chicken or any other kind of leftover cooked chicken that you have on hand.
- Bacon - any style of bacon will taste great in these wraps. Plan on about 1½ pieces of bacon per wrap. This recipe shows you how to cook bacon over the stovetop. You can also place bacon on a baking sheet and cook in a 400 degree F oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Flour Tortillas - you’ll want to use large flour tortillas for these wraps so that you have plenty of room to add all of the fillings. If you want you could use the green spinach tortillas, or another flavored variety.
- Shredded Cheese - I like using shredded Monterey jack, pepper jack, or cheddar cheese.
- Ranch Dressing -regular store bought ranch dressing tastes amazing drizzled inside of these wraps. If you like a little zest, you could also make this Southwest Ranch Dressing. In a small bowl whisk together mayo, buttermilk, salsa, canned green chilis, and fresh cilantro.
- Romaine Lettuce - this adds loads of crunchy and freshness. Any kind of lettuce or fresh greens would work great.
- Diced Tomato - you can dice fresh tomatoes or even use canned diced tomatoes.
How to Make This Chicken and Bacon Wrap
- Cook the chicken. Bake or air fry chicken tenders according to package instructions (or reheat 1½ pounds of rotisserie or leftover chicken). Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the bacon. Heat a pan over medium high heat and add the bacon. Cook until golden brown, or about 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side for about 2 more minutes. Once both sides are crispy and brown, remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Once cooled slightly, break each slice into approximately ½" pieces.
- Heat up the tortillas. Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave or on a hot skillet then place on a flat work surface.
- Assemble the wraps. In the center of each tortilla add the chicken, cooked bacon, shredded cheese, romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Serve. Fold in the sides then roll the tortilla like a burrito. Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Recipe Variations For Chicken Bacon Wraps
If you are looking for ways to mix things up, here are a few ideas:
- Spicy Southwest Chicken and Bacon Wrap: Add sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, and a zesty chipotle mayo.
- BBQ Bacon Ranch Chicken Wrap: If you're a fan of all things smoky and savory, simply drizzle your wrap with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Caprese Chicken and Bacon Wrap: For a taste of Italy, try layering your wrap with sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Healthy Avocado Chicken and Bacon Wrap: Load up your wrap with sliced avocado, grilled chicken, crispy bacon, and a handful of fresh greens.
- Classic Caesar Chicken and Bacon Wrap: Give your wrap a taste of the timeless Caesar salad. Toss your chicken in Caesar dressing, add crispy bacon and crunchy romaine lettuce, and sprinkle it with grated Parmesan cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe calls for store bought frozen chicken tenders which is a super convenient shortcut. If you have a few extra minutes and are feeling up to it, these Homemade Chicken Tenders are also super simple. Otherwise, you can honestly use any kind of chicken that you want. Rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken breast, or any other leftover chicken will work great.
The best way to fill a chicken wrap is to take a warmed large flour tortilla and place it on a flat surface. Then, take your filling ingredients one at a time and place them in a line down the center. The biggest tip here is to make sure you don’t add too much because you won’t be able to wrap them up.
Once all of your ingredients are tucked inside, fold in two of the edges and roll it up like a burrito.
While you really don’t need to serve a single thing with these Chicken and Bacon Wraps, a fruit salad, green salad, side of rice, or bag of potato chips always works well.
I don’t recommend completely assembling these Chicken and Bacon Wraps ahead of time, however you can prepare all of the ingredients the night before. Once you have cooked and/or chopped each component, store in separate containers in the fridge. Just before serving, warm your tortillas and chicken, then assemble as directed and enjoy an easy meal that takes less than 10 minutes.
Storing and Reheating
- Refrigerator: if possible, store each ingredient separately in airtight containers or wrapped in plastic wrap. They will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: to reheat chicken, either use a microwave or place in a preheated 350 degree oven until warmed through.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap Recipe
- 6-8 medium Frozen Chicken Tenders cut into bite-sized pieces (or about 1½ pounds homemade chicken tenders, rotisserie chicken, or other leftover chicken)
- 4 large Flour Tortillas
- 6 pieces Bacon cooked and cut into ½" pieces
- ½ cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese can also sub pepper jack or cheddar
- ⅓ cup Ranch Dressing
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 large Tomato diced
- Bake or air fry Chicken Tenders according to package instructions (or reheat 1½ pounds of rotisserie or leftover chicken). Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add the bacon. Cook until golden brown, or about 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side for about 2 more minutes. Once both sides are crispy and brown, remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel. Once cooled slightly, break each slice into approximately ½" pieces.
- Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave or on a hot skillet then place on a flat work surface.
- In the center of each tortilla add cooked chicken tenders, cooked bacon, shredded cheese, romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Fold in the sides and then roll the tortilla like a burrito. Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
More Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Lemon Pepper Rotisserie Chicken
- Easy Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken
- Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
- Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup
- Oven-Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Tangy Chicken Sliders
- More Meal Prep Recipes
- More Easy Weeknight Meals
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These Chicken Bacon Wraps with ranch dressing are loaded with flavor and are so easy to make. They're perfect for a quick lunch, easy dinner, meal prep, or anytime you want to use up leftover chicken.