This Buffalo Chicken Wrap recipe is a quick and easy meal that’s exploding with flavor and crunch. Each wrap is filled with crispy breaded chicken tenders covered in buffalo sauce and rolled up in a flour tortilla with shredded cheese, ranch dressing, lettuce, and more.
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Wraps are so incredibly easy to make at home and are always a family favorite. They’re crunchy, creamy, tangy, fresh, and super satisfying. This recipe calls for using frozen chicken tenders as a shortcut, but you can use rotisserie chicken or practically any other type of chicken that you have.
One of the best things about wrap recipes is that basically every ingredient is customizable, allowing you to use what you have on hand. This chicken wrap is also great for meal prep - as long as you have your chicken cooked, it takes just about 5 minutes to assemble, grab, and eat on the go. And if you're looking for another fun variation, try our Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap too.
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Chicken Tenders - using frozen chicken tenders or chicken nuggets is a great time saver, although Homemade Chicken Tenders are super delicious. The crispy breading adds great texture to the chicken wraps. You can also use rotisserie chicken or really any other kind of leftover chicken that you have.
- Flour Tortillas - you’ll want to use large flour tortillas for these wraps so that you have plenty of room to add all of the fillings. If you want you could use the green spinach tortillas, or another flavored variety.
- Shredded Cheese - I like using shredded Monterey jack, pepper jack, or cheddar cheese.
- Ranch Dressing - just like with buffalo wings, both ranch dressing and blue cheese dressing taste great in these wraps. You could also make this Southwest Ranch Dressing. In a small bowl whisk together mayo, buttermilk, salsa, canned green chilis, and fresh cilantro. That’s all there is to it.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles - bleu cheese and buffalo sauce are a match made in heaven. If you aren’t a fan, feel free to leave this out.
- Frank’s Buffalo Sauce - you can either use store bought buffalo sauce or easily make your own Homemade Buffalo Sauce. If you like spicy buffalo chicken, feel free to add a little extra hot sauce.
- Romaine Lettuce - this adds loads of crunchy and freshness. Any kind of lettuce or fresh greens would work great.
- Diced Tomato - you can dice fresh tomatoes or even use canned diced tomatoes.
How to Make This Buffalo Wrap Recipe
- Cook the chicken. Bake or air fry Chicken Tenders according to package instructions (or reheat 1½ pounds of rotisserie or leftover chicken). Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat up the tortillas. Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave or on a hot skillet then place on a flat work surface.
- Assemble the wraps. In the center of each tortilla add the chicken, shredded cheese, romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Serve. Fold in the sides then roll the tortilla like a burrito. Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
While this recipe suggests using frozen chicken tenders, you can honestly use any kind of chicken that you want for these wraps. If you have a few extra minutes, these Homemade Chicken Tenders are super delish. Otherwise rotisserie chicken or any other leftover chicken will work great. Either slice chicken breast fairly thin, cut into small pieces, or use shredded chicken.
It’s completely up to you! You can serve this wrap with warm, room temperature, or cold chicken and it will be totally delicious. No matter what, though, you will need to warm the tortillas so that they roll easily and taste good.
While I don’t recommend building these wraps ahead of time, you can definitely prepare all of the ingredients up to a day in advance and store them in the fridge. That way, the day of you can just reheat the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat, warm the tortillas, and build the wraps. Easy peasy.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe
- 6-8 medium Frozen Chicken Tenders cut into bite-sized pieces (or about 1½ pounds homemade chicken tenders, rotisserie chicken, or other leftover chicken)
- 4 large Flour Tortillas
- ½ cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese can sub pepper jack or cheddar
- ¼ cup Ranch Dressing
- ⅛ cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- ⅓ cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 large Tomato diced
- Bake or air fry Chicken Tenders according to package instructions (or reheat 1½ pounds of rotisserie or leftover chicken). Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave or on a hot skillet then place on a flat work surface.
- In the center of each tortilla add cooked chicken tenders, shredded cheese, romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Fold in the sides then roll the tortilla like a burrito. Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Buffalo Pork Bites
- Oven-Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- More Meal Prep Recipes
- More Easy Weeknight Meals
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These Buffalo Chicken Wraps are the ultimate easy, satisfying meal. Filled with crispy breaded chicken tenders, buffalo sauce, cheese, ranch dressing, lettuce, and tomatoes, they take less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Leave a Reply