This Cheesy Bean Dip makes the absolute best appetizer. It’s warm, creamy, full of great Mexican flavors and tastes great served with everything from tortilla chips to fresh veggies.
Delicious Cheesy Cream Cheese Dip
Without a doubt, this easy Cheesy Bean Dip will become your new favorite dip. Not only is it so good that you just can’t stop eating it, but it’s simple to make, uses only a few ingredients and can be used for all sorts of different purposes. You can dip with tortilla chips, spread into a taco shell, add to nachos or even spread over pizza dough to make Mexican pizza.
Along with the refried beans, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and sour cream we also add salsa and a bit of taco seasoning to liven things up. Topped with extra cheese, it bakes up all melty, gooey and so amazingly yummy.
What to Serve Bean Dip With
Here’s a few ideas of tasty little vessels for dunking into your Cheesy Bean Dip:
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh veggies
- Baguette bread
- Pita chips
Ingredients to Make Cheesy Bean Dip
- Refried Beans - you can use traditional, vegetarian or jalapeño refried beans from the can.
- Cream Cheese - make sure this is at room temperature and softened so that it will mix well with the rest of the ingredients. If you forget to pull it out to room temperature, you can transfer to a microwave safe dish and heat for about 10 seconds at a time until softened, but not melted.
- Salsa - any type will work great.
- Sour Cream - you can use full fat or lite.
- Shredded Cheese - we usually use cheddar cheese, but a blend of Mexican cheese or Pepper Jack would also work great.
- Taco Seasoning - you can find this in either the spice section or the Mexican section at the grocery store.
- Toppings - you can go pretty simple and just top with diced fresh tomatoes and sliced green onions, or go nuts and add all of your favorite taco toppings, such as olives, salsa and fresh cilantro.
How to Make Cheesy Bean Dip
- Mix. In a large mixing bowl, combine the refried beans, cream cheese, salsa, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese and taco seasoning. Mix until well combined. Spread the bean mixture into the bottom of a 9" x 9" baking dish, then evenly sprinkle 2 cups shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and lightly golden brown.
- Serve. Garnish with fresh tomatoes and green onions and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Add meat. Cheesy Bean Dip tastes great with a little sautéed ground beef or shredded chicken mixed in.
- Make it spicy. Use jalapeño refried beans and toss in a can of diced green chilies - yum!
- Different seasonings. Besides adding a little more salt, a dash of cumin and chili powder will really make this dip pop.
- More toppings. Think taco toppings - sliced black olives, extra sour cream, extra salsa and fresh cilantro.
Storing and Reheating
- Make-Ahead: this Cheesy Bean Dip can easily be mixed up to 2 days in advance. Just mix the ingredients as directed, spread into your baking dish but hold off on sprinkling the cheese over the top. Once you are ready to bake, remove from the fridge while you preheat the oven, sprinkle the cheese over the top and pop in the oven!
- Storing Leftovers: leftovers can be covered and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: either reheat a small portion in the microwave, or else preheat an oven to 300 degrees, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil so that your dip doesn’t dry out, and warm as needed.
Cheesy Bean Dip Recipe
- 30 oz Refried Beans traditional or jalapeno
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- ½ cup Salsa your favorite kind
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 3 cups Shredded Cheddar cheese reserve 2 cups to top before baking
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup Tomatoes diced for garnish
- 2 large Green Onions sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the refried beans, cream cheese, salsa, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese and taco seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the bean mixture into the bottom of a 9" x 9" baking dish, then evenly sprinkle 2 cups shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and lightly golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes and green onions and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Here are some more easy dip recipes that we love!
- Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip
- BLT Dip
- Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- Layeed Bean Dip
- Easy Guacamole
- Spicy Corn Dip
- Artichoke Dip
- Queso Dip
- Warm Bean Dip
- Chocolate Dip
- Cheesecake Dip
- Chocolate Chip Dip
- Buckeye Dip
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Caramel Cream Cheese Dip
- More Dip Recipes
- More Appetizer Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Cheesy Bean Dip is warm, creamy, full of great Mexican flavors and tastes great served with everything from tortilla chips to fresh veggies. Use it to dip with tortilla chips, spread into a taco shell, add to nachos or even spread over pizza dough.