These Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread loaves are ultra moist, super lemony, and slathered in a sweet and sour lemon glaze. If lemon is your thing, you’ll absolutely love these served for breakfast, as a snack, or even topped with a scoop of ice cream for dessert.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Keep scrolling past the recipe for all the details.
- Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread Loaves
- Ingredients in Blueberry Bread Mini Loaves
- How to Make Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Best Pan for Mini Loaves
- Tips and Tricks
- Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe
- More easy quick bread recipes!
- Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread Loaves
This Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe is similar to blueberry muffins but in loaf form. We also use a super-concentrated lemon paste to pack the most lemon flavor in here that we possibly could. Topped with a sweet lemon glaze, these little guys will satisfy any lemon-lover or sweet tooth.
This is a quick bread recipe, so there’s no waiting around for dough to rise - all of the rising happens in the oven. Each light and fluffy bite is full of blueberries and lemony goodness. But, if blueberries aren’t your thing you can easily swap out another berry, chocolate chips or even just make straight lemon bread.
Ingredients in Blueberry Bread Mini Loaves
- Flour - you can use all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Baking Powder - this is what makes the loaves rise in the oven.
- Salt - sea salt works great.
- Eggs - you can use your favorite type of large eggs.
- Sugar - regular white granulated sugar.
- Butter - use unsalted, melted butter.
- Sour Cream - either full fat or lite will work. You could also substitute plain Greek yogurt.
- Lemon Paste It’s super tangy and captures the true flavor of fresh lemon. You can also use another brand of lemon extract.
- Lemon Zest - you can use the fresh lemon zest from the same lemons that you use to juice for the lemon glaze.
- Blueberries - we prefer to use fresh blueberries as opposed to frozen. Before mixing them in, we like to toss them in a bit of flour so that they don’t sink to the bottom while baking.
- Powdered Sugar - it’s always a good idea to sift your powdered sugar to get rid of any clumps.
- Lemon Juice - fresh lemon juice tastes best.
How to Make Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Prepare pans. Grease 6 mini loaf pans, or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix batter. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, melted butter, sour cream, lemon paste and lemon zest. Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture and stir until smooth. Toss 1 ½ cups of blueberries with 2 teaspoons of flour and then gently fold into the batter.
- Add batter to pans. Divide the batter evenly between your prepared bread pans and top with the remaining 1 cup blueberries.
- Bake. Bake for 28-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the bread and tease the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely on wire racks while you make the lemon glaze.
- Make glaze and serve. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and whisk until combined. Use a piping bag or a spoon to drizzle on top of cooled bread before serving. Enjoy!
Best Pan for Mini Loaves
We absolutely love this mini loaf pan with 6 individual mini loaves. Each little loaf measures approximately 4.5” x 2.75” x 1.5” deep. This pan is heavy-duty and has nice wide handles that make it easy to get in and out of the oven.
While it is non-stick, you’ll still want to either lightly butter the insides or line with parchment paper.
If you prefer another size or style, you will simply want to adjust your baking time by adding on more time for larger loaves or less time for smaller loaves.
Tips and Tricks
- Gently tossing your blueberries with a bit of flour helps keep them from sinking to the bottom as they bake.
- Try not to open the oven door during at least the first half of baking. That initial heat really helps them rise to their full potential!
- It’s best to make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature so that they will mix together well.
- Try this with a mixture of berries if you’d like! Raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries would all taste great.
- It’s always recommended that you sift your powdered sugar. It tends to clump up in the package and ensure that you don’t need to whisk as much, therefore adding fewer air bubbles.
- Make-Ahead - you can make the batter a day in advance, divide the batter into the pans, and store it in the fridge overnight. When you are ready to bake, remove the pan from the fridge and let sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes while you preheat the oven.
- Once Baked - your loaves should be covered and stored either at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freezer - you may also wrap your mini loaves individually then place them in a freezer bag and store them frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge or room temperature overnight.
Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe
Mini Lemon Blueberry Loaves
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- ½ cup Butter melted
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoons Lemon Paste or Lemon Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 2 ½ cups Blueberries fresh
- 2 tablespoons Flour to toss blueberries in before adding them to the batter
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
Mini Lemon Blueberry Loaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 6 mini loaf pans, or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, melted butter, sour cream, lemon paste (or extract) and lemon zest.
- Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture and stir until smooth.
- Toss 1 ½ cups of blueberries with 2 teaspoons of flour and then gently fold into the batter. Divide the batter evenly between your prepared bread pans and top with the remaining 1 cup blueberries.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the bread and tease the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely on wire racks while you make the lemon glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and whisk until combined. Use a piping bag or a spoon to drizzle on top of cooled bread before serving. Enjoy!
More easy quick bread recipes!
- Homemade Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
- Triple Berry Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Sponsors and Giveaway
And finally, be sure to check out the recipes that my blogging friends have shared today:
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2021 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks! With the weather warming up and flowers beginning to bloom let's celebrate with spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 24 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 100 sweet recipes that are perfect for the spring season. So say goodbye to the snow and cold and get ready to enjoy the best spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa's Produce, Door County Coffee, Circulon, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn's for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Pineapple Mini Loaves by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Cross Bundt Cake by Nik Snacks
- Instant Pot Lemon Lavender Cheesecake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Lavender Curd by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Kiwi Coconut Key Lime MIni Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Kumquat Pie by Eat Move Make
- Lavender Lemon Mini Loaves by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lavender Macarons by Jen Around the World
- Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes by Art of Natural Living
- Mandarin Orange and Rhubarb Mini Loaves by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mandarin Orange Donuts with Ganache Glaze by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mini Blueberry Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Mini Lemon Cakes with Lemon Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Mini Pound Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake by Pook's Pantry
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream by Kate's Recipe Box
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars by Books n' Cooks
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bread by For the Love of Food
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping by Blogghetti
- Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- White Chocolate Latte Cupcakes by That Recipe
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. is giving away one $50 gift certificate to doorcountycoffee.com so that one lucky reader can try any of their amazing coffees and teas.
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way - in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee. They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes.
Dixie Crystals is giving away one propane kitchen torch which is ideal for caramelizing creme brulee or roasting peppers in a snap!
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit https://www.dixiecrystals.com/ for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, and plenty of baking videos.
Melissa’s Produce is giving one reader a Fabulous Fruit Fare Basket. Forget your basic apples and bananas and try faraway tropical fruits such as Mango, Papaya, Gold Pineapple, and Coconut, and exotic treasures like Asian Pear, Kiwi, Pepino Melon, Baby Bananas, Seasonal Tangerines, and Kumquats.
Joe and Sharon Hernandez founded Melissa's Produce with a decade of produce industry experience in a small, rented produce warehouse lunchroom. The Melissa's brand is named after Joe and Sharon's daughter, who takes an active role in the company. The company's Food Service Division has become a full-service operation that supplies culinary professionals with staples, exotics and Melissa's full line of organic produce. Visit https://www.melissas.com to find the very best fruits, vegetables, gifts, and to get tasty recipes!
Circulon is giving one reader a 5 piece baking set including two 9-inch cake pans, a 9 x 13 baking pan, a 9 x 5 loaf pan, and 10 x 15 cookie pan! It’s everything you need to get baking in the kitchen.
Circulon's commitment to detail and design for nonstick cookware makes your time in the kitchen more enjoyable due to their 4 “Must Haves” of everyday cooking. The first is nonstick performance. The Circulon TOTAL® Nonstick System of raised circles and triple-layer premium nonstick reduces surface abrasion from cooking utensils to enhance nonstick durability. Then there’s durability. Hard-anodized, stainless steel, and aluminum construction is backed by a hassle-free lifetime warranty for built-to-last cookware you can count on. The last two are even heat distribution and easy clean up. No matter what piece you buy it is sure to meet your expectations and help you enjoy your time in the kitchen. To see all the Circulon products visit https://circulon.com/ .
Taylor & Colledge is giving one lucky winner a trio of extract pastes. One winner will receive Almond Extract Paste, Lemon Extract Paste, and Lavender Extract Paste to help you do your own spring baking!
Taylor & Colledge was founded in 1897 in Australia and has been making extracts ever since! Their products can be used in two different ways when you baking. Whether you use the products as the fragrant, hero ingredient in your baking, or whether it’s a supporting sidekick, you can be assured that with Taylor & Colledge, it will be a pure, rich, full-flavored ingredient in your baking every time. Visit https://www.taylorandcolledge.com/ to learn more about their extracts.
Nairn's Oatcakes is giving away six of their awesome products to one winner. The winner will receive Nairn's Gluten Free Original Oat Grahams, Nairn's Gluten Free Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Nairn's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oat Grahams, Nairn's Gluten-Free Caramelized Onion Flatbreads, Nairn's Gluten Free Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Nairn's Organic Oat Crackers.
Nairn's knows a thing or two about oats, they've been baking with them since 1896 when John and Sarah Nairn first opened their bakery in Strathaven, Lanarkshire. Since then their team has grown and they have two Edinburgh bakeries. They have a devoted team at each working on their recipes, mixing techniques, and ever-growing range. Check out their products and blog at https://www.nairns-oatcakes.com/
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Circulon, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Topped with a sweet lemon glaze, these Mini Blueberry Bread loaves will satisfy any lemon-lover. They are light and fluffy, super moist and packed full of fresh blueberries.