This Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe is similar to blueberry muffins but in mini loaf form. You can use a super-concentrated lemon paste or lemon zest to pack a lemony flavor punch. The blueberry mini loaves are topped with an utterly irresistible sweet lemon glaze.
These Blueberry Bread Mini Loaves are sure to be your family's new favorite quick bread recipe. They're quick, easy, and have everything you love in a lemon blueberry bread recipe. They're both tart, sweet and are bursting with blueberry flavor.
Blueberry Bread Mini Loaves
This is a quick bread recipe, so there’s no waiting around for dough to rise - all of the rising happens in the oven. Each light and fluffy bite is full of blueberries and lemony goodness. But, if blueberries aren’t your thing, you can easily swap out another berry, chocolate chips or even just make straight lemon bread.
Best Blueberry Recipes
If you're hankering for all things blueberries, be sure to try our Blueberry Loaf, Blueberry Muffins, Blueberry Scones, Blueberry French Toast Bake, Blueberry Breakfast Cake, and of course, our Blueberry Bundt Cake.
Ingredients in Blueberry Mini Loaves
- Flour - you can use all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Baking Powder - this is what makes the loaves rise in the oven.
- Salt - sea salt works great.
- Eggs - you can use your favorite type of large eggs.
- Sugar - regular white granulated sugar.
- Butter - use unsalted, melted butter.
- Sour Cream - either full fat or lite will work. You could also substitute plain Greek yogurt.
- Lemon Paste It’s super tangy and captures the true flavor of fresh lemon. You can also use another brand of lemon extract.
- Lemon Zest - you can use the fresh lemon zest from the same lemons that you use to juice for the lemon glaze.
- Blueberries - we prefer to use fresh blueberries as opposed to frozen. Before mixing them in, we like to toss them in a bit of flour so that they don’t sink to the bottom while baking.
- Powdered Sugar - it’s always a good idea to sift your powdered sugar to get rid of any clumps.
- Lemon Juice - fresh lemon juice tastes best.
How to Make Mini Loaf Recipes
- Prepare pans. Grease 6 mini loaf pans or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix batter. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, melted butter, sour cream, lemon paste and lemon zest. Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture and stir until smooth. Toss 1 ½ cups of blueberries with 2 teaspoons of flour and then gently fold into the batter.
- Add batter to pans. Divide the batter evenly between your prepared bread pans and top with the remaining 1 cup blueberries.
- Bake. Bake for 28-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the bread and tease the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely on wire racks while you make the lemon glaze.
- Make glaze and serve. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and whisk until combined. Use a piping bag or a spoon to drizzle on top of cooled bread before serving. Enjoy!
Best Pan for Mini Loaf Recipes
We absolutely love this mini loaf pan with 6 individual mini loaves. Each little loaf measures approximately 4.5” x 2.75” x 1.5” deep. This pan is heavy-duty and has nice wide handles that make it easy to get in and out of the oven.
While it is non-stick, you’ll still want to either lightly butter the insides or line with parchment paper.
If you prefer another size or style, you will simply want to adjust your baking time by adding on more time for larger loaves or less time for smaller loaves.
Tips and Tricks
- Gently tossing your blueberries with a bit of flour helps keep them from sinking to the bottom as they bake.
- Try not to open the oven door during at least the first half of baking. That initial heat really helps them rise to their full potential!
- It’s best to make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature so that they will mix together well.
- Try this with a mixture of berries if you’d like! Raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries would all taste great.
- It’s always recommended that you sift your powdered sugar. It tends to clump up in the package and ensure that you don’t need to whisk as much, therefore adding fewer air bubbles.
- Make-Ahead - you can make the batter a day in advance, divide the batter into the pans, and store it in the fridge overnight. When you are ready to bake, remove the pan from the fridge and let sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes while you preheat the oven.
- Once Baked - your loaves should be covered and stored either at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freezer - you may also wrap your mini loaves individually then place them in a freezer bag and store them frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge or room temperature overnight.
Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe
Mini Lemon Blueberry Loaves
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- ½ cup Butter melted
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoons Lemon Paste or Lemon Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 2 ½ cups Blueberries fresh
- 2 tablespoons Flour to toss blueberries in before adding them to the batter
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
Mini Lemon Blueberry Loaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 6 mini loaf pans, or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, melted butter, sour cream, lemon paste (or extract) and lemon zest.
- Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture and stir until smooth.
- Toss 1 ½ cups of blueberries with 2 teaspoons of flour and then gently fold into the batter. Divide the batter evenly between your prepared bread pans and top with the remaining 1 cup blueberries.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the bread and tease the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely on wire racks while you make the lemon glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and whisk until combined. Use a piping bag or a spoon to drizzle on top of cooled bread before serving. Enjoy!
More easy quick bread recipes!
- Homemade Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
- Triple Berry Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins
- More Quick Breads
- More Best Breakfast Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Pineapple Mini Loaves by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Cross Bundt Cake by Nik Snacks
- Instant Pot Lemon Lavender Cheesecake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Lavender Curd by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Kiwi Coconut Key Lime MIni Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Kumquat Pie by Eat Move Make
- Lavender Lemon Mini Loaves by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lavender Macarons by Jen Around the World
- Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes by Art of Natural Living
- Mandarin Orange and Rhubarb Mini Loaves by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mandarin Orange Donuts with Ganache Glaze by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mini Blueberry Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Mini Lemon Cakes with Lemon Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Mini Pound Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake by Pook's Pantry
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream by Kate's Recipe Box
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars by Books n' Cooks
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bread by For the Love of Food
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping by Blogghetti
- Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- White Chocolate Latte Cupcakes by That Recipe
This Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake is light and fluffy, absolutely bursting with lemon and raspberries, and is super simple to make. Topped with a pretty pink lemon raspberry glaze and served with fresh whipped cream and berries, you’ll be in bundt cake heaven.