This Mini Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe is perfect if you're craving something sweet and tangy. These mini lemon loaves are packed with fresh blueberries and a zesty lemon flavor that's sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. It's perfect for a quick breakfast or a midday snack. With a moist, tender crumb and a burst of blueberry in every bite, this blueberry lemon bread is a delicious treat that you won't be able to resist.
- Blueberry Lemon Bread Mini Loaf Recipe
- Best Blueberry Recipes
- Ingredients in Lemon Blueberry Mini Breads
- How to Make This Mini Loaf Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe
- Best Pan for Mini Bread Loaves
- Tips and Tricks
- Storing Mini Loaf Cake Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Mini Loaves Recipe
- More Regular and Mini Loaf Pan Recipes
Blueberry Lemon Bread Mini Loaf Recipe
This is a quick bread recipe, so there’s no waiting around for dough to rise - all of the rising happens in the oven. Each light and fluffy bite is full of blueberries and lemony goodness. But, if blueberries aren’t your thing, you can easily swap out another berry, chocolate chips, or even just straight lemon bread to make all sorts of mini loaf recipes.
Best Blueberry Recipes
If you're hankering for all things blueberries, be sure to try our Blueberry Loaf, Blueberry Muffins, Blueberry Scones, Blueberry French Toast Bake, Blueberry Breakfast Cake, and of course, our Blueberry Bundt Cake.
Ingredients in Lemon Blueberry Mini Breads
- Flour - you can use all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Baking Powder - this is what makes the loaves rise in the oven.
- Salt - sea salt works great.
- Eggs - you can use your favorite type of large eggs.
- Sugar - regular white granulated sugar.
- Butter - use salted, soft butter.
- Milk- Whole or 2% are great but any milk will do.
- Lemon Extract- any brand of lemon extract.
- Lemon Zest - you can use the fresh lemon zest from the same lemons that you use to juice for the lemon glaze.
- Blueberries - we prefer to use fresh blueberries as opposed to frozen. Before mixing them in, we like to toss them in a bit of flour so that they don’t sink to the bottom while baking.
- Powdered Sugar - it’s always a good idea to sift your powdered sugar to get rid of any clumps.
- Lemon Juice - fresh lemon juice tastes best.
How to Make This Mini Loaf Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe
- Prepare pans. Grease 6 mini loaf pans or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix batter. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, soft butter, milk, lemon extract, and lemon zest. Add the eggs and mix again. Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture and stir until smooth. Toss 1 ½ cups of blueberries with 2 teaspoons of flour and then gently fold into the batter.
- Add batter to pans. Divide the batter evenly between your prepared bread pans and top with the remaining 1 cup blueberries.
- Bake. Bake for 28-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the bread and tease the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely on wire racks while you make the lemon glaze.
- Make glaze and serve. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and whisk until combined. A piping bag or a spoon drizzle on top of cooled bread before serving. Enjoy!
Best Pan for Mini Bread Loaves
We absolutely love this mini loaf pan with 6 individual mini loaves. Each little loaf measures approximately 4.5” x 2.75” x 1.5” deep. This pan is heavy-duty and has nice wide handles that make it easy to get in and out of the oven.
While it is non-stick, you’ll still want to either lightly butter the insides or line with parchment paper.
If you prefer another size or style, you will simply want to adjust your baking time by adding on more time for larger loaves or less time for smaller loaves.
Tips and Tricks
- Gently tossing your blueberries with a bit of flour helps keep them from sinking to the bottom as they bake.
- Try not to open the oven door during at least the first half of baking. That initial heat really helps them rise to their full potential!
- It’s best to make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature so that they will mix together well.
- Try this with a mixture of berries if you’d like! Raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries would all taste great.
- It’s always recommended that you sift your powdered sugar. It tends to clump up in the package and ensure that you don’t need to whisk as much, therefore adding fewer air bubbles.
Storing Mini Loaf Cake Recipes
- Make-Ahead - you can make the batter a day in advance, divide the batter into the pans, and store it in the fridge overnight. When you are ready to bake, remove the pan from the fridge and let sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes while you preheat the oven.
- Once Baked - your loaves should be covered and stored either at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freezer - you may also wrap your mini loaves individually then place them in a freezer bag and store them frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge or room temperature overnight.
Lemon Blueberry Bread Mini Loaves Recipe
Mini Blueberry Lemon Bread
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups Sugar
- ½ cup Butter soft
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoons Lemon Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 ½ cups Blueberries fresh
- 2 tablespoons Flour to toss blueberries in before adding them to the batter
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
Lemon Blueberry Bread Mini Loaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 6 mini loaf pans, or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the lemon extract, lemon zest, milk, eggs and mix until smooth.
- Combine the flour mixture with the egg mixture and stir until smooth.
- Toss 1 ½ cups of blueberries with 2 teaspoons of flour and then gently fold into the batter. Divide the batter evenly between your prepared bread pans and top with the remaining 1 cup blueberries.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the bread and tease the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely on wire racks while you make the lemon glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and whisk until combined. Use a piping bag or a spoon to drizzle on top of cooled bread before serving. Enjoy!
More Regular and Mini Loaf Pan Recipes
- Homemade Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
- Triple Berry Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins
- More Quick Breads
- More Best Breakfast Recipes
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Pineapple Mini Loaves by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Cross Bundt Cake by Nik Snacks
- Instant Pot Lemon Lavender Cheesecake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Lavender Curd by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Kiwi Coconut Key Lime MIni Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Kumquat Pie by Eat Move Make
- Lavender Lemon Mini Loaves by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lavender Macarons by Jen Around the World
- Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes by Art of Natural Living
- Mandarin Orange and Rhubarb Mini Loaves by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mandarin Orange Donuts with Ganache Glaze by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mini Blueberry Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Mini Lemon Cakes with Lemon Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Mini Pound Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake by Pook's Pantry
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream by Kate's Recipe Box
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars by Books n' Cooks
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bread by For the Love of Food
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping by Blogghetti
- Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- White Chocolate Latte Cupcakes by That Recipe
This Mini Blueberry Lemon Bread Recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and tart! Blueberry Lemon Bread is a favorite quick bread recipe that is so easy to make. It's perfect for a weekend brunch, an afternoon snack or anytime you get a baking urge! You can use a super-concentrated lemon paste or lemon zest to pack a lemony flavor punch. The blueberry mini loaves are also topped with an utterly irresistible sweet lemon glaze.