Ingredients in Easy Chili Recipe (30 minute Chili)
This chili is so easy, it only takes about 30 minutes to throw together but your family will think you’ve been slaving away all day. It’s made with ground beef, canned beans, and crushed tomatoes.
Beans: You can certainly use dry beans and go through the process of cooking your own beans but in a pinch, I love using canned beans.Â You can use just about any type of canned beans.Â For this recipe I used 2 cans of black beans and 1 can of kidney beans. This easy chili recipe will taste great with pinto beans, kidney beans, black beans, or red beans. One other important note, don’t rinse your beans for this easy chili recipe.
Tomato Base: The tomato base in this beef chili recipe is from one large can of crushed tomatoes and 1 small can of tomato paste. This chili recipe has a mild tomato flavor. It isn’t overpowering but you can taste just a hint of it. The crushed tomatoes give it a little variation in the chili texture and the tomato paste give it that rich tomato flavor we love.
Ground Beef: This chili recipe is very forgiving. Use whatever fat content of beef you prefer. I like to use 15/85 beef. That stands for 15% fat to 85% ground beef. The butcher adds different percentiles of fat to the ground beef. The percentage of fat content will keep the beef very lean and more on the dry side and the more fat that is added, the juicier the beef. I like a moderate amount of fat in this recipe because I like the chunks of hearty ground beef.
Are you looking for some other easy recipes? Try..
Also, Here’s a guide to…the most amazing cinnamon rolls.
Tips for making this easy chili recipe:
- Use canned beans.
- Don’t drain the beans
- You can use canned tomatoes or home-canned tomatoes
- The recipe calls for 1.5 lb of ground beef but you can increase or decrease the amount as you please
- This is a great freezer meal. Just store in a covered container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and shredded cheese for an easy meal
Easy Chili Recipe (30 minute Chili)
- 3 Med Onions, diced into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil (You can use any type or oil or even butter here)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef (I used 15% fat but again, anything you like to use will work here)
- 3 cans Black, Kidney, red, or Pinto Beans (15.25 oz) (I used 2 cans of black beans and 1 can of kidney beans but any combination will work great)
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 1 can Tomato Paste (4 ounces)
- 1 can Green Chilies (4 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt + salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- In a large dutch oven, add the diced onions and 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil. Cook on medium heat until the onions are golden brown. Add the minced garlic.
- Add the ground beef. Break up the beef with a spoon and continue to cook on medium heat until there is only a little pink left.
- Pour 3 cans of beans into the hamburger mixture. Do not drain the beans. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and green chilies. Stir until well combined.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and 1 tsp of salt and the pepper. Continue to stir on medium heat and bring to a soft boil. Do a taste test and add more salt if desired. Enjoy!
- This is another great freezer meal. You can store it in a covered container and freeze up to a couple months.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Pin this for later!
This easy chili recipe is made with simple chili ingredients. This can be made in 30 minutes but taste like it’s been cooking all day! It’s made with ground beef and hearty beans and has a flavorful but mild chili flavor. The entire family will love this beef chili recipe!