This double chocolate banana bread is an easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe. It’s ooey, gooey and soft and moist. It has a deep chocolate flavor and is loaded with chocolate chips. This is a delicious dark chocolate banana bread.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
This chocolate chip banana bread is a fun variation from the classic banana bread we all love. It still has that strong banana flavor and is dense and moist from the bananas. This is the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe ever! If you’re looking for an incredible chocolate banana bread recipe, this is the one for you!
This choc banana bread recipe is a little healthier too. This is an easy chocolate banana bread recipe using greek yogurt. It is loaded with bananas, greek yogurt, and a little butter too. This makes for the best chocolate banana bread recipe.
How to make chocolate chip banana bread:
Start by using very ripe bananas. It’s best to use bananas that have dark spots on them. You can even use them up until they are completely black, as long as there isn’t any sign of mold. These bananas are extra sweet and work great in banana bread too. Sometimes the ripe bananas get away from me but the ones I like to use best are still firm and have black spots on them.
Mash the bananas and measure the correct amount. This chocolate banana bread recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas, which is usually about 3 bananas, but if you have extra large or extra small bananas, you’ll need to adjust the number of bananas for this recipe.
I like to use greek yogurt in my baking whenever I get a chance. It gives the recipe some added protein which I’m always trying to get into my kid’s diet and it also makes for dense and moist baking recipes.
Butter, I like to use butter in my baking recipes as often as possible. Substituting butter for oil makes really flavorful recipes.
Chocolate Chips: I like to use Guittard Chocolate chips in this easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe. I like that they are really large and have a really creamy texture. You can use whatever chocolate chips you like and even a combination of a couple. (Also, an important step to remember is to leave a big handful of chocolate chips out to sprinkle on top of your chocolate banana bread before baking.)
Aside from these specific ingredients, the recipe is pretty straight forward and easy to follow.
Here are a few recipes you’ll love too!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour all-purpose
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cups sugar granulated, white sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large bananas this should equate to 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana-- very ripe with black spots on them.
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt plain is fine but flavored will work if you're in a pinch
- 1 tsp vanilla pure extract is best
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips + 1 large handful for the top of the loaf I like to use the large Guittard ones for the top of the loaf but any or a mix of chocolate chips work great
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 bread loaf pans generously with non-stick cooking spray
- Melt the butter and set it aside to cool. Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork. Measure the bananas and make sure they measure out to be 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, mashed banana, eggs, greek yogurt, and vanilla. Mix until the eggs are incorporated into all the other ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. mix with a whisk until combined.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently until all the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the greased bread pans and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on the batter.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 50-65 minutes or until when a toothpick is inserted into the bread, it comes out clean or only with a few crumbs on it.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes before slicing into it. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
PIn for Later!
This homemade banana bread, double chocolate banana bread is an easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe. It’s ooey, gooey and soft and moist. It has a deep chocolate flavor and is loaded with chocolate chips. This is a delicious dark chocolate banana bread.