The most amazing strawberry cream scone recipe is made with simple ingredients and is is perfect for brunch or an afternoon snack.
You only need a few simple ingredients for this recipe. Flour, butter, cream, baking powder, sugar, and salt are the base for this recipe.
You can add blueberries and lemon zest, or strawberry jam and fresh strawberries for my rendition of strawberry cream scones, so delicious! It would also go perfectly with this incredible Sweet Potato Egg Casserole.
Tips for making the most amazing cream scone recipe:
- Use a food processor to mix the butter into the dry ingredients (It cuts the butter into small pieces so the flour stays nice and fluffy
- You can use any brand of strawberry jam. I didn't have any this time but freezer jam would have been amazing!
Strawberry Cream Scones
- 2 Cups Flour (All Purpose)
- 3 Tbls Sugar (granulated)
- 1 Tbls Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 5 Tbls Butter, cold, cut into 1 tablespoon pieces
- 1 Cup Cream
- ¼ Cup Strawberry Jam
- ⅔ Cup Fresh Strawberries (Cut into ⅓" pieces)
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add 5 tablespoons of butter and pulse the food processor until the butter is in small pieces and the flour resembles cornmeal. It should be under 10 pulses.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the cream and the strawberry jam. Mix.
- Dump the butte and flour mixture in a large mixing bowl and add the jam and cream mixture with the fresh diced strawberries. Fold ingredients over with a spatula until combined. Do not over mix.
- spread a little flour onto your counter and shape the dough into a circle, 10 inches or so. Use a large knife and cut into 8 or 10 pie shaped pieces.
- Transfer the scones to a baking sheet and bake in a 425 oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the scones are cooking, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
- When the scones are out of the oven, drizzle the lemon glaze on the scones. Let the scones cool just a bit before eating so they don't fall apart. Enjoy!
The most amazing strawberry cream scone recipe is made with simple ingredients and is perfect for brunch or an afternoon snack.