This Orange dreamsicle Sugar Cookie Bars recipe is a soft sugar cookies bar recipe with a homemade dreamsicle frosting recipe. It's made with a chewy sugar cookie bars recipe and delicious orange creamsicle frosting. This dessert recipe is perfect for a BBQ, potluck or a bake sale.
How to make Dreamsicle Frosting:
If you've jumped on the bandwagon of the Orange Creamsicle flavor craze, these sugar cookie bars are the perfect dessert for you. They're a beautiful blend of vanilla and orange creamy frosting on a soft and chewy sugar cookie bar.
This dreamsicle frosting recipe is so easy. The flavors that makeup dreamsicle are vanilla and orange flavor. To make a dreamsicle frosting just make your butter cream frosting and then when the recipe calls for flavor extract, add vanilla and orange. A little orange zest and orange essential oil would be amazing too.
Orange Dreamsicle Recipes:
If you love the combo of orange and vanilla flavors, here are a couple of other dreamcicle recipes you’re gonna love.
The first one is a Sugar Cookie Bar with Dreamcicle Frosting, a homemade sweet orange roll with dreamcicle frosting, and orange dreamsicle cookies. Oh my, these dessert recipes are incredible and loaded with the dreamcicle flavors you love.
If you want sugar cookies without all the fuss of baking them in several batches, sugar cookie bars are the perfect solution. These easy sugar cookie bars are quick to mix together and only take about 20 minutes to bake.
These simple sugar cookie bars have an easily adaptable frosting recipe. This orange creamsicle frosting recipe can be made into just about any flavor of frosting. Just substitute the orange extract and vanilla extract and add your favorite flavor. They are such an easy sugar cookie bar recipe.
This recipe is for a sugar cookie bars 9 by 13" pan. There are plenty of sugar cookie bars Pinterest, here are the best sugar cookie crust bars... as you can tell, we love them so much! Please leave a comment of your favorite cookie bars. Which ones are your favorite?
Here's the recipe for the best ever sugar cookie bars, seriously, another level.
Orange Dreamcicle Sugar Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter at room temp
- 1 1/2 cup sugar white, granulated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
Orange Dreamcicle Buttercream Frosting
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- zest 1 orange zest from one orange
- 2 1/2-3 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
Sugar Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Spray a 9 by 13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add the eggs and then beat well. Gradually beat flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Press the dough onto a glass baking dish, 9 by13", pan. Cover the bottom of the pan as evenly as possible with the cookie dough.
- Bake in a 325-degree oven for 20-22 minutes or until just barely golden. Take out of the oven and let cool.
For the Orange Dreamcicle Buttercream Frosting
- In a large bowl, add butter. Using a hand mixer (a stand mixer works great too) beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add half of the powdered sugar and mix on low speed at first and then increase the speed to medium until the mixture is coming together.
- Slowly add in 2 1/2 Tablespoons of orange juice, orange extract, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Continue to mix for another minute or so. Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy. Add the rest of the powdered sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and all mixed. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the edges of the bowl when necessary. Add in the remaing 1/2 Tablespoon of Orange Juice if desired. The frosting should form stiff peaks.
- Spread the orange creamsicle buttercream frosting on your cooled, cookie bars and top with sprinkles. Enjoy!
Orange Dreamsicle Recipes
Here are some of the Best Cookie Bar Recipes:
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Save this for later!!
This Orange Dreamcicle Sugar Cookie Bars recipe is a soft sugar cookies bar recipe with a homemade dreamcicle frosting recipe. It's made with a chewy sugar cookie bars recipe and delicious orange creamsicle frosting. This dessert recipe is perfect for a BBQ, potluck or a bake sale.