These Halloween Dirt Cups are a quick and easy no bake Halloween party favorite. They are made with layers of pudding, Oreo crumb, and graveyard-themed Halloween treats.
Easy Halloween Pudding Cups
If you are looking for a quick and easy Halloween dessert, these easy Graveyard Pudding Cups are always a hit. Made with instant chocolate pudding, crushed Oreos, Milano cookie “gravestones,” and themed Halloween candies, this no bake dessert only takes about 20 minutes to whip up.
I like to serve Halloween Dirt Cups in individual plastic cups so that you can see the layers of pudding and Oreo. Feel free to have the little ones help you decorate and get creative with the candies that you add.
Halloween Dirt Pudding Ingredients
- Crushed Oreos - these still need to be crushed to make “dirt” for the cupcakes.
- Milano Cookies - Milano cookies work great because they are roughly the shape of a gravestone.
- Black Frosting - you can use either black frosting or black gel. It will be used to write on the cookie gravestones. If you decide to use a different cookie, you might need to use melted white chocolate or add food coloring to another type of frosting in order to have the writing show up well. Just use what will work with your own design.
- Gummy Worms - these are for decorating so feel free to substitute any other gummy candy that fits the theme.
- Halloween Candies - I like to use little candy pumpkins, bones, and black cats.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix - you will need about 2 boxes (3.9 ounces) of instant pudding mix. I recommend using chocolate, but vanilla would work.
- Milk - the milk needs to be cold when mixed with the pudding mix. Whole milk is best, but 2% is a good substitute.
- Cool Whip - make sure the Cool Whip is thawed before trying to mix into the pudding. You could also use prepared whipped cream.
How to Make Graveyard Dirt Cups for Halloween
- Prepare the garnish. Add the Oreo cookies to a plastic bag and crush with a glass cup or rolling pin until the crumbs resemble "dirt" sized texture. To make the gravestone, place the Milano cookies on a baking tray. Add the black frosting to a piping bag with a small round tip. Write the letters RIP on the gravestone.
- Make the pudding mixture. Add 4 cups of cold milk to a large mixing bowl. Add the pudding mix and whisk until smooth. Let it sit for 3-5 min or until set. Add thawed Cool Whip to the pudding mixture and mix until combined and smooth. (You can use a hand mixer to speed up the process)
- Assemble the dirt cups. Into each 12-ounce cup, add about ⅔ cup pudding mixture. Shake or tap each cup on the counter to settle the pudding mixture. Add about 2 tablespoons of the cookie crumbs, then decorate with a Milano cookie, a gummy work, and the Halloween candies.
- Serve. Chill for 30 minutes or serve immediately. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Dirt cups are best served the day they are made. The candy gets soft and the gummy worms get soggy. If you need to make them beforehand, you can make the pudding and prepare the garnishes the day before. That way you will just need to assemble before serving.
You can make Halloween Dirt Cups with Cool Whip or Whipped Cream. Whipped Cream tastes better but Cool Whip is a little more stable if you need to make them beforehand.
Use any kind of clear plastic cups or glasses so that you can see inside. They look best if you try to keep the sides of your cups clean. Add the cookie crumbs to the pudding and then wipe with a paper towel if needed before continuing to assemble.
Storing and Make-Ahead Instructions
- Refrigerator: while best eaten soon after assembling, you can store leftover Dirt Cups in the fridge overnight. I recommend removing the candies so that they don’t get soggy in the fridge. You can decorate again the next day.
- Make-ahead: you can make the pudding up to a day in advance and either store in a large bowl or divide into the cups and cover with plastic before storing. The garnishes can also be prepared the night before. This way, the next day you can just assemble and serve.
Halloween Dirt Cups Recipe
- 18 regular Oreo Cookies cream included, crushed
- 10 regular Milano Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons Black Frosting or Black Gel
- 10 Gummy Worms
- 20 small Halloween Theme Candies Candy Pumpkins, Bones, or Cats
- 2 3.9-oz boxes Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 4 cups Milk
- 2 cups Cool Whip or prepared whipped cream
Prepare the Garnish
- Add the Oreo cookies to a plastic bag and crush with a glass cup or rolling pin until the crumbs resemble "dirt" sized texture.
- To make the gravestone, place the Milano cookies on a baking tray. Add the black frosting to a piping bag with a small round tip. Write the letters RIP on the gravestone.
- Add 4 cups of cold milk to a large mixing bowl. Add the pudding mix and whisk until smooth. Let it sit for 3-5 min or until set.
- Add thawed Cool Whip to the pudding mixture and mix until combined and smooth. (You can use a hand mixer to speed up the process)
Assembling the Dirt Cups
- Into each 12-ounce cup, add about ⅔ cup pudding mixture. Shake or tap each cup on the counter to settle the pudding mixture.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the cookie crumbs, then decorate with a Milano cookie, a gummy work, and the Halloween candies.
- Chill for 30 minutes or serve immediately. Enjoy!
More Of The Best Halloween Recipes
- Graveyard Cupcakes
- Halloween Eyeball Cupcakes
- Jack-o-Lantern Cookies
- Cyclops Meatballs
- Mummy Poppers
- Fall Party Mix
- Mulled Cider
- Spooky Halloween Monster Cookies
- Mummy Hotdogs
- More Fall Recipes
- More Halloween Recipes
- More Easy Dessert Recipes
These quick and easy no bake Graveyard Dirt Cups are the perfect festive Halloween dessert. They're made with chocolate pudding, crushed Oreos, and cute Halloween candies for a spooky garnish.