This homemade Combination Pizza Recipe is chock full of meat, veggies, melted mozzarella cheese and plenty of flavor. Complete with a chewy homemade crust, this pizza is a great way to keep everyone happy.
Homemade Combination Pizza Recipe
This Combination Pizza recipe is the perfect solution to your next family pizza night. It’s loaded with toppings including two kinds of meat, veggies, pizza sauce, cheese and plenty of flavor. It’s basically the homemade supreme pizza of your dreams, and it couldn’t be easier.
We’ve included our recipe for homemade pizza dough that is easy to make and can even be made the night before. Nowadays, you can also find pre-made pizza dough fresh and ready to go at many local grocery stores. Feel free to mix and match our Combination Pizza toppings to fit what you like, or even nix the meat and make it a veggie supreme!
Ingredients in Combination Pizza
Homemade Pizza Dough
- Flour - we use all-purpose flour but you can also use bread flour.
- Salt - salt is important for the flavor and for the structure of any bread, so don’t forget to add it!
- Water - warm water is best because it helps to wake up your yeast. It should be between 95-110 degrees F.
- Yeast - we use active dry yeast in this recipe, which needs to be proofed. (check out our Homemade White Bread recipe for more info on activating yeast). If you use instant yeast, you can skip the proofing step and just mix the pizza dough together, knead and then let rise.
- Sugar - we use regular granulated sugar, but you could also substitute honey.
- Oil - this recipe calls for olive oil, but you could substitute avocado oil or any other cooking oil that you’d like.
Combination Pizza Toppings
- Marinara Sauce - you can use your favorite marinara sauce, tomato sauce or pizza sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese - you can use pre-shredded or shred your own.
- Pepperoni - you can use sliced pepperoni or slice from your favorite pepperoni sausage.
- Canadian Bacon - while Canadian bacon is the traditional topping on Hawaiian Pizza, you could also substitute ham or even bacon bits.
- Onion - I usually use red onion, but you can use white onions or yellow onions too.
- Red Pepper - you’ll want to slice these thin so that they have a chance to cook slightly in the oven. Green pepper, yellow pepper or orange pepper would also work great.
- Mushrooms - any kind of mushrooms will taste great on this pizza.
- Black Olives - you can purchase sliced olives in the can, or slice your own.
- Dried Oregano - this adds great flavor, but is totally optional.
- Salt - sea salt works great. It’s a little more coarse than regular table salt so adds little bursts of flavor to each bite.
How to Make This Combination Pizza Recipe
- Make the dough. Make your Homemade Pizza Dough. If you are making the dough ahead of time, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight. Otherwise, cover the bowl with a towel or plastic and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Stretch the dough. With lightly floured hands, stretch and shape your dough into desired pizza pans or a baking sheet. If it begins to resist, let the dough relax for a couple of minutes and then continue.
- Add the sauce and toppings. Spread pizza sauce evenly onto the pizza crust with the back of a spoon. Top with the shredded cheese, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and olives and then sprinkle with dried oregano and sea salt.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the bottom of the pizza is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- If you choose to make your pizza with a thicker crust, reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees so that the dough has a chance to bake all the way through before the outside gets too dark.
- If your pizza crust is already golden brown on the bottom but the top isn’t done baking, slide another baking sheet under your pizza to slow the baking process down a bit.
- In order to save yourself a little work the next time pizza night rolls around, you can double the pizza dough recipe and freeze what you don’t need for later. Just shape the dough into a round, transfer it to a freezer bag, press to remove any extra air, and store frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge overnight.
Combination Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup Water warm (95-110 degrees F)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Toppings for Combination Pizza
- ⅔ cup Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Pepperoni
- 4 ounces Canadian Bacon
- ¼ medium Onion sliced thinly
- ½ medium Red Pepper sliced thinly
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounces Black Olives sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil to brush over the crust
How To Make Pizza Dough
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast and mix well. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, or until it becomes frothy and bubbly.
- Once your yeast has “proofed,” add the olive oil, salt and about 1 ½ cups of flour. Using a paddle or dough hook, mix until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- Add in the rest of the flour, about a ¼ cup at a time until the dough pulls away from the edges of the bowl.
- Mix on low speed for another 1-2 minutes until the dough is nice and smooth, then transfer to a lightly floured surface and shape the dough into a ball.
- If you are making the dough ahead, wrap it tightly and store in the fridge overnight. Otherwise, cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for about 30-45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
How to Assemble and Bake
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- With lightly floured hands, stretch and shape your dough into desired pan. If it begins to resist, let the dough relax for a couple of minutes and then continue.
- Add the marinara sauce and spread evenly onto the pizza crust with the back of a spoon. Top with shredded cheese, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives, oregano and sea salt. Brush the edges of the crust with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
More of Our Favorite Pizza Recipes
- Hawaiian Pizza
- Homemade Pizza Recipe
- Taco Pizza
- Easy Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Grilled Pizza
- French Bread Pizza
- Cast Iron Deep Dish Pizza
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- More Homemade Dough Recipes
- More Dinner Ideas
- How to Freeze Bell Peppers
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This fully loaded Combination Pizza recipe is perfect for your next pizza night at home. It's got two kinds of meat and tons of veggies all baked on a delicious homemade crust.