This homemade Combination Pizza Recipe is chock full of meat, veggies, melted mozzarella cheese and plenty of flavor. Complete with a chewy homemade crust, this pizza is a great way to keep everyone happy.
Homemade Combination Pizza Recipe
This Combination Pizza recipe is the perfect solution to your next family pizza night. It’s loaded with toppings including two kinds of meat, veggies, pizza sauce, cheese and plenty of flavor. It’s basically the homemade supreme pizza of your dreams, and it couldn’t be easier.
We’ve included our recipe for homemade pizza dough that is easy to make and can even be made the night before. Nowadays, you can also find pre-made pizza dough fresh and ready to go at many local grocery stores. Feel free to mix and match our Combination Pizza toppings to fit what you like, or even nix the meat and make it a veggie supreme!
Ingredients in Supreme Pizza
Homemade Pizza Dough
- Flour - we use all-purpose flour but you can also use bread flour.
- Salt - salt is important for the flavor and for the structure of any bread, so don’t forget to add it!
- Water - warm water is best because it helps to wake up your yeast. It should be between 95-110 degrees F.
- Yeast - we use active dry yeast in this recipe, which needs to be proofed. (check out our Homemade White Bread recipe for more info on activating yeast). If you use instant yeast, you can skip the proofing step and just mix the pizza dough together, knead and then let rise.
- Sugar - we use regular granulated sugar, but you could also substitute honey.
- Oil - this recipe calls for olive oil, but you could substitute avocado oil or any other cooking oil that you’d like.
Combination Pizza Toppings
- Marinara Sauce - you can use your favorite marinara sauce, tomato sauce or pizza sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese - you can use pre-shredded or shred your own.
- Pepperoni - you can use sliced pepperoni or slice from your favorite pepperoni sausage.
- Canadian Bacon - while Canadian bacon is the traditional topping on Hawaiian Pizza, you could also substitute ham or even bacon bits.
- Onion - I usually use red onion, but you can use white onions or yellow onions too.
- Red Pepper - you’ll want to slice these thin so that they have a chance to cook slightly in the oven. Green pepper, yellow pepper or orange pepper would also work great.
- Mushrooms - any kind of mushrooms will taste great on this pizza.
- Black Olives - you can purchase sliced olives in the can, or slice your own.
- Dried Oregano - this adds great flavor, but is totally optional.
- Salt - sea salt works great. It’s a little more coarse than regular table salt so adds little bursts of flavor to each bite.
How to Make This Combination Pizza Recipe
- Make the dough. Make your Homemade Pizza Dough. If you are making the dough ahead of time, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight. Otherwise, cover the bowl with a towel or plastic and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Stretch the dough. With lightly floured hands, stretch and shape your dough into desired pizza pans or a baking sheet. If it begins to resist, let the dough relax for a couple of minutes and then continue.
- Add the sauce and toppings. Spread pizza sauce evenly onto the pizza crust with the back of a spoon. Top with the shredded cheese, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and olives and then sprinkle with dried oregano and sea salt.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the bottom of the pizza is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Pizza
- Garlic Knots: These delicious little bites of heaven are the perfect complement to a steaming hot pizza. Soft and fluffy, with a crispy exterior and a buttery garlic flavor, these irresistible knots will have everyone reaching for seconds.
- Garlic Bread: Crispy on the outside, soft and buttery on the inside, garlic bread is a classic side dish that never fails to please. The aroma of garlic and melting butter will fill your kitchen, making it hard to resist tearing off a warm and garlicky piece to enjoy with your pizza.
- Fruit Salad: For a healthy and refreshing option, a fruit salad is a great choice. Juicy watermelon, sweet strawberries, tangy pineapple, and other ripe fruits make for a light and refreshing side that will balance out the richness of the pizza.
- Minestrone Soup- This is a family favorite. You'll feel like you're in your favorite Italian Restaurant. It's warm and brothy and filled with veggies.
- Veggie Cups- This is a make-ahead favorite. Fill your mini cups with a little homemade ranch and your favorite veggies.
- Sauce- Dip your pizza crust in some homemade alfredo sauce, marinara sauce, ranch or even some pesto sauce!
Best Pizza Topping Combos
- Pepperoni and Mushroom: This classic combo is a crowd-pleaser for a reason. The salty, savory pepperoni is perfectly balanced by the earthy flavor of the mushrooms.
- Hawaiian: There's something about the combination of sweet pineapple and salty ham that just works. The addition of bacon and jalapenos takes this pizza to the next level.
- Sausage and Green Pepper: If you love a little spice, this is the combo for you. The sausage adds a nice kick, while the green peppers add some crunch and freshness.
- Margherita: For those who prefer a simpler pizza, the Margherita is a classic choice. Fresh mozzarella, juicy tomatoes, and fragrant basil make for a perfect, understated pie.
- Meat Lover's: If you're a carnivore at heart, the Meat Lover's pizza is the way to go. Packed with all your favorite meats, from pepperoni to sausage to bacon, this pizza is sure to satisfy.
- Vegetarian: For those who prefer a meatless option, a vegetarian pizza can be just as delicious. Load it up with your favorite veggies, such as mushrooms, onions, peppers, and olives.
- Buffalo Chicken: If you love a little heat, this pizza is for you. Top it with buffalo chicken, blue cheese, and celery for a spicy, tangy, and crunchy treat.
- White Pizza: For a different take on the classic pizza, try a white pizza. Skip the tomato sauce and top your pie with ricotta cheese, garlic, and spinach for a flavorful and unique meal.
- Pepperoni and Jalapeno: For those who love a little kick, this combo is a must-try. The spicy jalapenos perfectly complement the salty pepperoni and gooey cheese.
Tips and Tricks
- If you choose to make your pizza with a thicker crust, reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees so that the dough has a chance to bake all the way through before the outside gets too dark.
- If your pizza crust is already golden brown on the bottom but the top isn’t baking, slide another baking sheet under your pizza to slow the baking process down.
- In order to save yourself a little work the next time pizza night rolls around, you can double the pizza dough recipe and freeze what you don’t need for later. Just shape the dough into a round, transfer it to a freezer bag, press to remove any extra air, and store frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge overnight.
Combination Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup Water warm (95-110 degrees F)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Toppings for Combination Pizza
- ⅔ cup Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Pepperoni
- 4 ounces Canadian Bacon
- ¼ medium Onion sliced thinly
- ½ medium Red Pepper sliced thinly
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounces Black Olives sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil to brush over the crust
How To Make Pizza Dough
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast and mix well. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, or until it becomes frothy and bubbly.
- Once your yeast has “proofed,” add the olive oil, salt and about 1 ½ cups of flour. Using a paddle or dough hook, mix until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- Add in the rest of the flour, about a ¼ cup at a time until the dough pulls away from the edges of the bowl.
- Mix on low speed for another 1-2 minutes until the dough is nice and smooth, then transfer to a lightly floured surface and shape the dough into a ball.
- If you are making the dough ahead, wrap it tightly and store in the fridge overnight. Otherwise, cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for about 30-45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
How to Assemble and Bake
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- With lightly floured hands, stretch and shape your dough into desired pan. If it begins to resist, let the dough relax for a couple of minutes and then continue.
- Add the marinara sauce and spread evenly onto the pizza crust with the back of a spoon. Top with shredded cheese, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives, oregano and sea salt. Brush the edges of the crust with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
More of Our Favorite Pizza Recipes
- Hawaiian Pizza
- Homemade Pizza Recipe
- Taco Pizza
- Easy Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Grilled Pizza
- French Bread Pizza
- Cast Iron Deep Dish Pizza
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- More Homemade Dough Recipes
- More Pizza Recipes
- More Dinner Ideas
- How to Freeze Bell Peppers
This fully loaded Combination Pizza recipe is perfect for your next pizza night at home. It's got two kinds of meat and tons of veggies all baked on a delicious homemade crust.