This Apple Cinnamon Bread recipe is super moist, tender, and buttery with apples and cinnamon sugar swirled into each slice. Top with our easy glaze and serve for a sweet fall breakfast or afternoon snack.
Easy Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe
Baking this moist and tender Apple Cinnamon Bread is the perfect way to get you into a cozy fall mood. The buttery batter is filled with sweet apple chunks and swirled with cinnamon and brown sugar.
While the glorious baked apple fritter bread recipe smells permeate from your oven, go ahead and toss together a simple glaze. Since this bread freezes so well, I usually double the recipe so that I can serve one right away and freeze one for later. You won’t regret it!
Apple Cinnamon Bread Ingredients
- Butter - your butter should be at room temperature so that it will mix properly with the sugar. You can either pull it out to room temperature for at least 1 hour ahead of time, or warm it for about 5-10 seconds at a time in a microwave just until soft.
- Sugar - this recipe calls for white granulated sugar.
- Eggs - any kind of large eggs will work. It's best if your egg is at room temperature which you can do by either pulling from the fridge ahead of time, or running the whole egg under warm water.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract has the best flavor.
- Cinnamon - any kind of ground cinnamon will work.
- Flour - all-purpose flour is great for this recipe.
- Baking Powder - the baking powder helps the batter to rise a bit and keeps the bread nice and fluffy.
- Salt - sea salt works great.
- Milk - milk keeps the cake moist and soft. I recommend using whole milk, but you could try 2% or even buttermilk.
- Apples - I like to use a tart and crisp apple such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp for baked goods. Rather than dicing, you could also add chopped apple or even shredded apple.
- Cinnamon Sugar - you’ll need light or dark brown sugar and cinnamon to make this mixture. You could substitute granulated sugar if you want.
- Glaze - the glaze is made from powdered sugar and milk. Feel free to add a touch of vanilla extract if you’d like.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Mix the batter. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the room temperature butter and sugar. Using the paddle attachment, beat until light and fluffy - about 3 minutes. Slowly add the eggs, vanilla extract, and salt, mixing on low speed until smooth. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until almost combined. Finally, add the milk and continue to mix on low speed until ingredients are combined.
- Transfer batter to your baking dish. Spray an 8" by 4" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly grease with melted butter. Pour half of the batter to the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Sprinkle ½ of the diced apples evenly over the batter. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle half of this cinnamon sugar over the apples. Add the remaining batter to the baking pan, spread evenly, then finish with the remaining apples and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool. Remove the bread from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the bread and tease the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Glaze and serve. While the cake is cooling, combine the powdered sugar and milk in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled bread before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations for Apple Cinnamon Bread
Enjoy the versatility and deliciousness of this classic Apple Bread by creating all sorts of easy variations. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients like raisins, cranberries, or even a touch of nutmeg.
- Apple Walnut Bread: Add crunchy walnuts to the mix. The nutty flavor and satisfying crunch of the walnuts perfectly complement the sweet and spiced apple-cinnamon base.
- Apple Cinnamon Bread With Streusel Topping: Take your apple cinnamon bread up a notch with a luscious streusel topping. Made with a mixture of butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon, the streusel adds a delightful crumbly texture and a burst of flavor.
- Apple Cinnamon Swirl Bread: For a visually stunning twist, create a swirl of apple-cinnamon goodness in your bread. Simply layer a cinnamon-spiced apple filling between the bread dough, roll it up, and bake.
- Apple Cinnamon French Toast: Turn your apple cinnamon bread into a decadent brunch treat. Cut thick slices of the bread, soak them in a mixture of eggs, milk, and cinnamon, then pan-fry until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy the heavenly combination of flavors.
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins: Transform your apple cinnamon bread into individual muffins for a convenient grab-and-go option. Fill muffin cups with the batter and bake until golden and fluffy. These muffins are perfect for breakfast or a quick snack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! The bread freezes so well that I usually double the recipe and freeze one. Just allow it to cool completely, toss in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Of course! Add the batter to muffin tins lined with paper liners and sprayed with nonstick spray. Fill each cup about ⅔ full, then bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I like to use a tart, sturdy apple that will hold up to baking and retain a strong flavor. My favorite apples to use for this Apple Bread are Granny Smith, Honeycrisp and Gala. Fuji is a good choice, too. Avoid an apple like a Red Delicious that turns mushy rather quickly when heated.
Storing and Freezing
- Storing - your Apple Cinnamon Bread should be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freezer - you can also place your bread in a freezer bag and store it frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge overnight or at room temperature for a few hours.
- To warm: if you want to eat the leftover Apple Bread warm, place it in a preheated 325-degree oven for about 5-10 minutes or until just warmed. You could also microwave it for about 20-30 seconds.
Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- ½ cup Butter room temperature
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 medium Granny Smith Apples peel and diced into ¼" pieces
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Milk
- ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one 8”x4” loaf pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar using the paddle attachment until light and fluffy - about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla and salt, mixing on low speed until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon then add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix on low until almost combined, then add the milk and mix again until smooth. Do not overmix.
- Transfer half of the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly using an offset spatula. Sprinkle half of the apples evenly over the batter. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and then sprinkle half of this brown sugar mixture over the apples.
- Add the remaining batter to the loaf pan, spread evenly, then finish with the remaining apples and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the bread and tease the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack. While the cake is cooling, combine the powdered sugar and milk in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled bread before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
More Of The Best Apple Recipes to Try
- Applesauce Muffins
- Gourmet Caramel Apples
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- Apple Pie
- Homemade Apple Cider Syrup
- Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Caramel Apple Crisp
- More Fall Recipes
- More Quick Bread Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Apple Cinnamon Bread recipe is butter, moist, tender, and makes your entire house smell amazing. It's an easy quick bread recipe to get you in the mood for apple season.