This amazing homemade Garlic Butter recipe is creamy, delicious, and perfect for making garlic bread, sautéing vegetables, or giving your steak an extra burst of flavor. It only takes about 10 minutes to throw together and holds up great in the fridge. I'll also show you how to make the most amazing garlic bread too!
The Most Amazing Garlic Butter
This is a quick and easy, all-purpose condiment that you will ever make. I love having a jar of Garlic Butter in the fridge at all times because it makes dinner time so much easier!
Adding just a couple of teaspoons to pan-seared steak, chicken or sauteed veggies adds so much flavor. It also makes it super easy to have the most amazing homemade garlic bread any time you want.
Homemade Garlic Bread Video Tutorial
To make the most delicious homemade garlic bread, simply spread a thin layer of Garlic Butter onto sliced French bread before broiling. It tastes great if you add a little extra Parmesan cheese, too. Easy peasy!
More Uses for Garlic Butter Spread
There are so many amazing ways to use this garlic spread. Seriously, the sky's the limit. Here are a few of our favorite uses:
- Add a dollop to chicken before baking
- Use to saute vegetables.
- Top pan-seared steak during the last couple of minutes of cooking.
- Melt and spread over freshly baked breadsticks or rolls.
- Smear over salmon before baking.
Ingredients in Homemade Garlic Butter
- Butter - salted butter tastes great for this recipe, but if you are watching your salt intake, you can use unsalted. Be sure it is at room temperature so that it will be easy to whip.
- Olive Oil - this adds a lot of richness and authentic Italian flavor to the garlic spread.
- Parmesan Cheese - use powdered or finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Dried Parsley - unless you plan to use all of the butter immediately, we suggest using dried parsley.
- Garlic Powder - 100% pure garlic powder tastes best.
How to Make Garlic Spread
- Whip the butter. Add room tempreture butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip using the whisk attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Slowly add the olive oil while continuing to mix the butter on low. Once it is completely incorporated, add the cheese, parsley and garlic powder and mix until well combined.
- Use or store. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months. Enjoy!
How to make the Best Garlic Bread Recipe
- Slice french bread into 1" thick slices.
- Add your homemade garlic spread onto the bread.
- Broil on low in the oven until the garlic bread is golden brown and bubbly. This will melt the parmesan cheese in the garlic spread for bread.
- Serve with lasagna, fettucini alfredo, spaghetti, or homemade tomato soup.
Tips and Tricks
- Make it easy on yourself and use room temperature butter! If you forget to pull it out ahead of time, just transfer to a microwave-safe container and heat it for about 10 seconds at a time just until soft.
- You can use Parmesan powder, shredded Parmesan, or even a mix of both. The important part is the flavor!
- If you plan to use all of the Garlic Butter right away, you can definitely use fresh parsley. However, it holds best in the fridge if you use dried parsley and I actually prefer the flavor in this recipe.
Storing Homemade Garlic Spread
- Storing- Transfer any unused Garlic Butter to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Freeze- You can also freeze any leftover Garlic Butter for up to 6 months, transferring to the fridge overnight to thaw.
- Uses-Spread on sliced french bread and toast under a broiler, add a spoonful to steamed veggies, top a pan seared steak, use as a dip for breadsticks . This makes an amazing garlic butter for bread too.
Garlic Butter Recipe
- 1 Cup Butter room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- ⅛ Cup Dried Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip using the whisk attachment until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the olive oil while continuing to mix the butter on low. Once it is completely incorporated, add the cheese, parsley and garlic powder and mix until well combined.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months. Enjoy!
Here are more of our favorite condiments and spreads!
- Easy Alfredo Sauce
- Fresh Salsa
- Easy Guacamole
- Marinara with Fresh Tomatoes
- Honey Butter
- More Sauces and Condiments
More Italian Food Favorites
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breast
- Fresh Tomatoes Marinara Sauce
- Cheesy Breadstick Recipe
- Artichoke Dip
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Cheese Bread
- More Bread Recipes
- More Pasta Recipes
This delicious and creamy homemade Garlic Butter is perfect for making garlic bread, sautéing vegetables or to give your steak a burst of flavor. It's possibly the most quick and easy all-purpose condiment that you will find.