This Strawberry Nutella Pizza uses a sugar cookie dough crust to create a quick and easy treat that is always a hit. It’s topped with a layer of gooey Nutella, fresh strawberries, and a drizzle of melted white chocolate that's perfect for serving at parties, potlucks, or for the family at home.
Strawberry Pizza Recipe With Nutella
There are so many reasons to love this Strawberry Nutella Pizza recipe, the first being that it is outrageously delicious. Coming in at a close second is the fact that this sweet treat is so simple to make, thanks to the sugar cookie dough crust. The only other ingredients are Nutella, fresh strawberries, and white chocolate for drizzling over the top.
One of my favorite things about dessert pizza is that, just like regular pizza, you can add any combination of toppings that taste yummy together. Feel free to add extra berries or sliced bananas, drizzle with dark chocolate, or sprinkle coconut flakes or even mini marshmallows over the top. This Oreo Dessert Pizza is another fun and delicious dessert recipe idea.
Strawberry Pizza Ingredients
- Sugar Cookie Dough - you’ll need 16 ounces of unbaked sugar cookie dough. You can decide whether you want to use premade dough, homemade cookie dough, or even a different type of cookie dough altogether. Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, or any variation of it, works great.
- Strawberries - wash and slice your fresh strawberries as desired. Depending on the size, I will sometimes just cut them in half.
- Nutella - you can use the name brand Nutella, or look for another chocolate hazelnut spread that will often be a bit cheaper.
- White Chocolate Wafers - these will need to be melted so that you can drizzle it over the top of your cookie dessert pizza. White chocolate chips or even a different type of chocolate would work, too.
More Dessert Pizza Ideas
There are so many other great toppings to add to your dessert pizza if you want to get creative. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Coconut flakes
- Chopped toasted nuts
- Raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Melted dark chocolate or milk chocolate
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Strawberry Nutella Dessert Pizza
- Bake the cookie pizza crust. Grease a 12-14" round pizza pan (or a 9"x13" baking dish) and pat your cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. It should be about ⅓" thick. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Add the Nutella and strawberries. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes, then add scoops of Nutella to the warm cookie crust. Let the Nutella melt for a couple of minutes, then use an offset spatula to evenly spread the Nutella on top of the cookie. Arrange the sliced strawberries over the top of the Nutella as desired, then set the dessert pizza aside to cool completely.
- Melt and drizzle the white chocolate. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then stir until smooth. If necessary, repeat until completely melted. Add the melted chocolate to a piping bag (or just use a spoon to drizzle it on the pizza) and drizzle over the top.
- Serve. Allow the chocolate to set up at room temperature before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Without the strawberries, this dessert pizza can be wrapped and stored at room temperature. However, once you add the strawberries you will need to refrigerate as they will start to become mushy.
If you want to use regular homemade or store bought pizza dough, you can press the dough onto a pizza pan as you normally would, then prick with a fork over the entire surface before baking at 450 degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes. From there, you can finish as directed in this recipe.
Yup! The best way to get a head start on this dessert pizza is to bake the cookie crust and add the Nutella over the top. Once cooled, this can be wrapped and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. Once you want to serve, pull from the fridge and let it come to room temperature before adding sliced strawberries and drizzling with melted white chocolate. Note that you may need to gently press the strawberries into the Nutella to get them to stick.
If you don’t have a round pizza pan, there are plenty of other ways to bake this. You can press the cookie dough onto a baking sheet or baking dish lined with parchment paper, making sure it is about ?” thick. You could also make mini dessert pizzas by scooping 1 ½ tablespoon dough balls and baking on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerator: wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freezer: this dessert pizza can be frozen as long as there are no strawberries. Just wrap in foil and plastic wrap, then transfer to a freezer bag. Store frozen for up to 1 month, then thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for 1 hour and add strawberries as desired.
Strawberry Nutella Dessert Pizza Recipe
- 16 ounces Sugar Cookie Dough un-baked, room temperature
- 1 quart Strawberries sliced
- ⅔ cup Nutella
- ½ cup White Chocolate Wafers melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-14" round pizza pan (or a 9"x13" baking dish) and pat your cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. It should be about ⅓" thick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes, then add scoops of Nutella to the warm cookie crust. Let the Nutella melt for a couple of minutes, then use an offset spatula to evenly spread the Nutella. Arrange the sliced strawberries over the top of the Nutella as desired, then set the dessert pizza aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then stir until smooth. If necessary, repeat until completely melted. Add the melted chocolate to a piping bag (or just use a spoon to drizzle it on the pizza) and drizzle over the top.
- Allow the chocolate to set up at room temperature before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
More Of Our Favorite Nutella Recipes
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake
- Nutella No-Bake Cookies
- Nutella Twist Bread
- Easy No-Bake Nutella Balls
- No-Bake Nutella Cornflake Cookies
- More Cookie Recipes
- More Simple Dessert Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Strawberry Dessert Pizza with Nutella is a delicious and fun sweet treat that the whole family will love. Using a sugar cookie for the crust, it's topped with Nutella, fresh strawberries, and melted white chocolate.