This easy Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting is a perfectly spiced fall dessert. It's easy to make, super moist, and has fluffy cream cheese frosting. Also included is the option for a thick and fluffy Eggnog Buttercream Frosting. This pumpkin cake recipe is everyone's favorite fall recipe!
Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting Video Tutorial
This pumpkin cake recipe is so easy. It is a no-fail pumpkin recipe. You basically have to mix your dry ingredients and then your wet ingredients, mix them together and then bake it. Super Easy.
It's a favorite at any get-together or family gathering. Nothing says fall like a perfectly spiced, pumpkin cake with eggnog buttercream frosting or cream cheese frosting. Wowza.
- Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Ingredients in Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Flour: All-Purpose flour works great in this pumpkin cake recipe we use just regular all-purpose flour and soda cake flour because we are wanting a really sick rich and laced pumpkin cake.
- Baking Powder: This helps the cake rise and become fluffy.
- Spices: Cinnamon, Ginger, and Cloves are used in this recipe. Hello, fall flavors!
- Salt: Sea Salt works best.
- Butter: Melted butter is used in this recipe instead of oil because everything is better with butter!
- Eggs: Gives the cake that spongy consistency and keeps it moist too,
- Sugar: Regular, white table sugar works great. It adds just the right amount of sweetness.
- Pumpkin: 16 ounces. Just be sure to weigh your pumpkin if you are using homemade pumpkin puree. Pumpkin Puree is the magic in this recipe.
Ingredients in Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese: Regular, full-fat cream cheese is what the recipe calls for, however, low-fat cream cheese also works great here.
- Butter: This will give it a rich and creamy texture.
- Powdered Sugar: This gives it sweetness without any sugar granules.
- Vanilla: This gives it a rich a full robust flavor.
Ingredients in Eggnog Buttercream Frosting
(This is an option in place of the Cream Cheese Frosting. If you want to take your fall flavors to the next level, try this classic buttercream frosting recipe with an eggnog twist)
- Butter: This will give it a rich and creamy texture.
- Eggnog: Provides the thick and creamy consistency to this frosting.
- Powdered Sugar: Adds sweetness without any sugar granules.
- Cinnamon: Gives it that deep and rich fall flavors
- Nutmeg: A perfect match to the pumpkin.
How to Make this Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe:
- Mix all of your wet ingredients together, the melted butter, canned pumpkin, and eggs. Whisk until it's all combined.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, Flour, Sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased 9 by 13" pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool while you make the frosting. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Cake With Egg Nog Frosting
- 1 Cup Butter melted
- 16 oz Canned Pumpkin Homemade is fine too, just be sure to weigh your pumpkin
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Cloves
Eggnog Buttercream Frosting
- ½ Cup Butter room temperature
- ¼ Cup Eggnog
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup Butter room temperature
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese 8 ounces-room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In an electric mixer, combine butter, pumpkin, and eggs. =Beat until the ingredients are combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 9x13 pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Use a toothpick inserted in the middle to test for doneness.
- Let cake cool completely in the pan before adding the frosting.
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy again. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
How to Make Eggnog Frosting
- With an electric mixer, beat ½ cup butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and powdered sugar. mix until the butter and powdered sugar mixture resemble small peas. Slowly add the eggnog while mixing with the electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread the eggnog buttercream frosting on the pumpkin cake. Enjoy!
Other Amazing Cake Recipes
- Old Fashioned Pineapple Cake
- Coconut Filled Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Nutella Cheesecake
- Lime Bundt Cake
Other Fall Desserts you'll love:
- Caramel Cinnamon Rolls
- Classic Cinnamon Rolls
- Eggnog Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Sugared Cranberies
- Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- Applesauce Muffins
- Baked French Toast Bake
- More Fall Recipes
- More Winter Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This is an easy Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting and is a perfectly spiced fall dessert. It's so easy to make, it's super moist, and has fluffy cream cheese frosting. Also included is the option for a thick and fluffy Eggnog Buttercream Frosting. This pumpkin cake recipe is everyone's favorite fall dessert!