This delicious Oreo Popcorn is a sweet, salty, and super simple snack that uses just a few ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to prepare. Perfect for your next movie night, t’s made with freshly popped popcorn coated in creamy white chocolate and tossed with crushed Oreo Cookies.
This Oreo Popcorn is one of those quick and easy snack recipes that is guaranteed to be a total hit. It’s hard to go wrong with freshly popped popcorn that tastes like cookies and cream. All you need to flavor your popcorn is melted white chocolate, coconut oil, a touch of salt, and crushed Oreo cookies.
If you’re at home with the family, you can serve this in a large bowl for everyone to share. For parties, I like to serve Oreo Popcorn in small decorative cups or even cute take-out containers to give away as party favors. Feel free to try all sorts of different Oreo Cookie flavors, or stick with the tried and true original.
If you're an oreo lover, be sure to try our Homemade Oreos, you won't be disappointed.
Ingredients in Oreo Popcorn
- Popcorn - I prefer using freshly popped popcorn. You can use microwave popcorn or popcorn from the bag, however it will likely have added salt and flavors.
- White Chocolate - for the best flavor, use high quality white chocolate chips. Guittard works great. You can also use white candy melts if you prefer.
- Coconut Oil - this helps keep the melted white chocolate slightly loose so that it coats the popcorn better.
- Salt - sea salt works great.
- Oreo Cookies - you’ll need about 2 cups of crushed Oreos for this recipe. You can either chop them or place them in a freezer bag and crush using a rolling pin.
How to Make This Oreo Popcorn Recipe
- Pop the popcorn. Pop enough popcorn to make about 8-10 cups, removing the unpopped popcorn kernels.
- Melt the white chocolate. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl by heating for about 30 seconds at a time, stirring between until completely melted and smooth. Add the salt and stir again.
- Add the white chocolate and Oreos. Place popcorn in a large bowl, then drizzle the melted white chocolate on top of the popcorn, stirring gently until evenly coated. Add the crushed Oreo Cookies and mix until combined.
- Let the chocolate set. Spread the white chocolate coated popcorn evenly onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Place in a cool place and allow it to set completely, then gently break apart using your hands.
- Serve or store. Serve in a large bowl, or in small single-serve cups. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
I personally prefer fresh air popper popcorn. Plain popcorn that you pop yourself will taste the freshest and won’t have any added ingredients. You can use microwavable popcorn, however it will have salt and other flavors added to it.
While this Oreo Popcorn is best when eaten within 24 hours, it should stay fresh for up to 3 days as long as it’s stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
The easiest and cleanest way to crush Oreos is to chop them up with a large knife. This method gives you the most control and keeps the Oreo Cookie pieces smaller. You can also put them into a large freezer bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Either way will work well for this recipe.
Oreo Popcorn Recipe
- 8 cups Popped Popcorn
- 14 ounces White Chocolate Chips Guittard works great, or any high quality chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Oreo Cookies crushed
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pop enough popcorn to make about 8-10 cups, removing the unpopped popcorn kernels.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl by heating for about 30 seconds at a time, stirring between until completely melted and smooth. Add the salt and stir again.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl, then drizzle in the melted white chocolate, stirring gently until the popcorn is evenly coated. Add the crushed Oreos and mix until combined. Spread the popcorn evenly onto your prepared baking sheet and place in a cool spot to allow it to set completely.
- Once the chocolate is set, gently break apart using your hands. Serve in a large bowl, or in small single-serve cups. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
More Delicious Popcorn Recipes To Try
- Candy Cane Popcorn
- Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- Homemade Cracker Jacks
- Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Cinnamon Bear Marshmallow Popcorn
- Firecracker Popcorn
- Coconut Caramel Popcorn
- Fall Party Mix
- More Dessert Recipes
- More Snacks and Appetizers
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Oreo Popcorn is a quick and easy snack recipe that will make your next movie night special. It's a delicious popcorn treat made with melted white chocolate and crushed Oreo Cookies.