This cheesy Chicken Alfredo Dip is made with rotisserie chicken, sour cream and two kinds of cheese. It’s an ooey gooey, super simple dip that’s perfect for game day, party snacks and cozy movie nights at home.
Alfredo Dip with Chicken
If you love dips, give this warm Chicken Alfredo Dip a try. It’s made by mixing rotisserie chicken with a simple cream cheese Alfredo sauce, then baked until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with sliced bread, crackers or even fresh veggies and watch it disappear as you wonder why you didn’t double the recipe.
To mix things up, try adding veggies like broccoli, diced peppers or artichoke hearts. It also tastes great with a crunchy, buttery cracker crumb topping like the one we use for our Jalapeno Popper Dip. Other great toppings include chopped parsley, bacon bits or sliced green onions. Let us know what you think.
Ingredients in Chicken Alfredo Dip
- Cooked Chicken - you can use any kind of leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken for this recipe. Of course you can also roast or grill chicken just for this recipe if you’d like, but using already cooked chicken is so much quicker.
- Cream Cheese - full fat cream cheese will hold up best as it bakes, but you can try using low fat in a pinch. It’s best if your cream cheese is at room temperature when you go to mix it with the sour cream and chicken so that it mixes evenly.
- Sour Cream - you can use regular or light sour cream.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - you’ll want to reserve ½ a cup of shredded cheese to sprinkle over the top just before baking.
- Seasoning: I like to use Italian Seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder for my Alfredo dip. Of course you can always add a little extra salt and pepper to finish.
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Dip
- Mix ingredients. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cooked chicken, cream cheese, and sour cream. Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until well combined. Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix on low speed until well combined.
- Transfer to baking dish. Transfer dip to an 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" or 12" round baking dish, spread evenly and top with remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- Serve. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving with your favorite crackers, chips or veggies. Enjoy!
Frequently Asking Question
Yes! The best way to make Chicken Alfredo Dip ahead of time is to mix the ingredients, transfer to your baking dish, cover, and store in the fridge for up to 12 hours. About 1 hour before you are ready to serve, preheat your oven and pull the dish from the fridge to room temperature. Once the oven is heated, bake as directed.
Traditional American-style Alfredo sauce is usually made with heavy cream, chicken broth, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings including pepper, garlic and nutmeg. It’s a creamy cheesy white sauce that’s most often served with pasta and chicken. It’s made by cooking in a saucepan or skillet over medium high heat until the cheese has melted and the sauce has reduced slightly. You can check out our Homemade Alfredo Sauce recipe for even more information.
Typically, Alfredo sauce is seasoned with salt, cracked black pepper, nutmeg, garlic and even lemon juice. This Chicken Alfredo Dip uses an Italian Seasoning blend along with onion and garlic powder, but you can absolutely add additional salt, pepper and even nutmeg if you’d like.
This recipe will work in an 8" x 8" or a 9" x 9" square baking dish, or a 12" round baking dish. If you want the cheese on the edges to get a little crispy, you can also use a round 10" or 12" cast iron skillet (as seen in the photos).
Storing and Reheating
- Refrigerator: store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: reheat in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until warmed through. You can also reheat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds to make sure that the cheese stays nice and creamy.
Chicken Alfredo Dip Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Cooked Chicken diced or shredded rotisserie
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese reserve ½ cup for topping
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cooked chicken, cream cheese, and sour cream. Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix on low speed until well combined.
- Transfer dip to an 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" or 12" round baking dish, spread evenly and top with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving with your favorite crackers, chips or veggies. Enjoy!
More of Our Favorite Dip Recipes
- 7-Layer Bean Dip
- Spicy Corn Dip
- Cheddar Queso Dip
- Cheesy Bean Dip
- Everything Bagel Dip
- BLT Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- More Dip Recipes
- More Appetizer Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Chicken Alfredo Dip is warm, cheesy and perfect for your next game day get together. It's made by mixing rotisserie chicken and cream cheese Alfredo sauce, then baking until bubbly and serving with sliced bread, crackers or fresh veggies.