This Christmas M and M Cookie recipe is our favorite chocolate chip cookie and is perfect for any Christmas Cookie Exchange or holiday party. They’re perfectly chewy, packed with chocolate chips and M&M candies, and are sure to disappear quickly.
Easy Christmas Cookies
Whether you are heading out to a holiday party or staying home for the holidays, these Christmas M&M Cookies are a great way to celebrate the Holidays. They’re easy to throw together and you can even freeze the dough super far ahead of time if you know you’ll be busy.
Around the holidays, you shouldn’t have too much trouble getting your hands on Christmas M and Ms. But, if you don’t see any in the stores you can always order them online. And if you hadn’t guessed already, you can absolutely use this recipe to make chocolate chip cookies with different colored M&Ms for any occasion that you can imagine. You can even buy single colors in bulk, or mix and match. If you're looking for more Christmas Cookies, check out our collection.
Ingredients Christmas M & M Cookies
- Butter - use unsalted, room-temperature butter.
- Sugar - regular white granulated sugar.
- Brown Sugar - we like to use light brown sugar for this recipe.
- Eggs - any kind of large eggs will work. It’s best if they are at room temperature so that they don’t “shock” the butter when you add them.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract tastes best.
- Salt - we like to use sea salt.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda - the combination of these two ingredients helps the cookies to rise and stay nice and soft.
- Flour - we use all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips - we love to use Guittard brand dark or semi sweet chocolate chips.
- M&Ms - during the fall or winter, you should be able to find Christmas M&Ms at the grocery store. But, if you have trouble you can easily order them online or use any other type of red and green chocolate candies.
How To Make Christmas M&Ms Cookies
- Make the dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar using the paddle attachment for about 3-5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, vanilla extract and salt and mix on low to combine. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda and flour. Mix until combined, then add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until combined, scraping the bottom and the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and mix on low just until combined. Do not overmix!
- Scoop the cookies. Using a small ice cream scoop, or a spoon, scoop 2" balls and place onto an ungreased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-11 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and set around the edges.
- Cool. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Red White and Blue M&M Peanut Butter Cookies - add M&Ms to our favorite Peanut Butter Cookies recipe. Yum!
- Red White and Blue M&M Cookie
- Cookie Bars- make the dough as directed then press gently into a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Switch up the candies. You can use any other types of red white and blue candies or sprinkles that you can find without making any other adjustments to the recipe.
Storing And Freezing Instructions
- Baked cookies: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature, or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Freezing cookie dough: The easiest way is to make and scoop the dough as directed, then place onto a baking tray and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Once rock hard, transfer to freezer bags and store for up to 3 months. To bake, just pull the cookies out onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and preheat your oven for at least 30 minutes. Bake as directed, adding an extra minute or two to the total time.
- Freezing baked cookies: You can also freeze baked cookies for up to 3 months if you happen to have a lot left over. You should freeze them in an airtight container separated by layers of parchment paper and thaw them either in the fridge or at room temperature.
Red White and Blue M and M's Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Butter room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips Guittard or similar brand
- 2 cups Christmas M and Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar using the paddle attachment for about 3-5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, vanilla and salt and mix on low to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda and flour. Mix until combined, then add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until mixed, scraping the bottom and the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and mix on low, just until combined. Do not overmix!
- Using a small ice cream scoop, or a spoon, scoop 2" balls and place onto an ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and set around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
More Cookie Recipes we Love...
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Oatmeal Butterscotch
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Monster Cookies
- Best M and M Cookies
- Best Cookie Recipes
- More Cookie Recipes
- More Dessert Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
These Christmas M&Ms Cookies take our favorite chocolate chip cookie and dress it up for the holidays. They’re perfectly chewy, packed full of chocolate chips and M&M candies and are sure to disappear fast.