This easy Breakfast Pizza is loaded with sausage, hash browns, eggs, and cheese and baked over a crescent roll crust. It’s a delicious breakfast that is quick to throw together and everyone loves.
Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
For a quick and easy breakfast that is hearty, delicious, and fun to eat, give this Breakfast Pizza recipe a try. The pizza crust is made using a tube of refrigerated Crescent Rolls that is then topped with cooked sausage, frozen hash browns, and shredded cheddar cheese. Finally, a whisked egg mixture is poured over the top.
Once baked, this Breakfast Pizza has a flakey crust, flavorful sausage, crisp hash browns, and an egg and cheese topping that can’t be beat. Best of all, there’s very minimal prep involved and the ingredients can be mixed and matched so that you can make all sorts of flavor combinations. Serve with a side of fresh fruit, this crispy Candied Bacon, or even our homemade Sausage Gravy.
Ingredients in Breakfast Pizza
- Sausage - use any kind of Italian sausage, breakfast sausage, or even sausage crumbles that you’d like. You’ll also need a few tablespoons of water to cook the sausage in. If you prefer, you can substitute ground turkey, bacon, or even skip the meat and make it vegetarian.
- Crescent Rolls - these come in long tubes and can usually be found in the dairy case at the grocery store. I like the crisp, buttery texture of Crescent Rolls, but they also make a rolled pizza dough that you could use.
- Frozen Hash Browns - I prefer to use frozen shredded hash browns rather than diced because they spread a bit more evenly.
- Shredded Cheese - cheddar cheese is great, or you could use Pepper Jack, mozzarella, or a pizza blend.
- Eggs - any kind of large eggs will work.
- Milk - whole milk is best, or you can substitute 2%.
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese - any kind of shredded or grated Parmesan works great. It adds a nice salty cheese flavor that tastes so amazing with the eggs.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
- Cook the sausage. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, then add the sausage and about 3 tablespoons of water. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to break up the sausage and cook while stirring until no longer pink. Once cooked, set aside.
- Unroll the Crescent Rolls. Open and unroll the crescent rolls, keeping the entire thing in one piece. Press into a 12-14" pizza pan, gently pressing the seals of the crescent rolls together.
- Add the other toppings. Sprinkle the cooked sausage evenly over the crust, then add the frozen hashbrowns and shredded cheese.
- Add the egg mixture. In a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the pizza as evenly as possible and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake. Bake in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is light brown and golden.
- Serve. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving warm. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want your Breakfast Pizza to have scrambled eggs rather than a layer of cooked eggs over the top, you can cook them first, then add them along with the hash browns and shredded cheese. Scrambling eggs first may make them a bit on the drier side once the pizza has baked, but the added cheese should help keep them moist.
This recipe calls for a 12”-14” pizza pan. However, you could use a lightly greased baking sheet instead. If you want a thicker crust, go ahead and use two tubes of Crescent Roll dough.
Yes! If you want to make this ahead of time and freeze for later, just cool completely, wrap in plastic wrap and then foil, and store frozen for up to 1 month.
If you prefer to use pizza dough, you absolutely can. In fact, you should be able to find refrigerated tubes of pizza dough in the same section at the grocery store. One tube should fit a baking sheet or pizza pan. The flavor and texture of the Breakfast Pizza will be a little different, but still delicious.
Storing and Reheating
- Refrigerator: store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: to freeze, allow the slices to cool completely before wrapping in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. They can be stored for up to 1 month.
- To reheat: you can warm up a single slice in the microwave or toaster oven. Or, reheat an entire pan in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 tube Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup Frozen Hashbrown Potatoes
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 5 large Eggs
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, then add the sausage and about 3 tablespoons of water. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to break up the sausage and cook while stirring until no longer pink. Once cooked, set aside.
- Open and unroll the crescent rolls, keeping the entire thing in one piece. Press into a 12-14" pizza pan, gently pressing the seals of the crescent rolls together.
- Sprinkle the cooked sausage evenly over the crust, then add the frozen hashbrowns and shredded cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the pizza as evenly as possible and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving warm. Enjoy!
More of Our Favorite Breakfast Recipes
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Acai Bowl
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread
- Breakfast Burritos
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- 3 Cheese and Pesto Quiche
- Blueberry French Toast Bake
- More Pizza Recipes
- More Breakfast Favorites
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Breakfast Pizza is topped with sausage, hash browns, eggs, and cheese all baked over a flakey crescent rolls crust. It's a quick and easy recipe that everyone loves.